PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

NeroDan 04-29-2010 01:00 PM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726113)
I agree with you. Just personal preference. I am still running my stock Radio and never have felt the need to pay for the unlocker and wonder if the trade off of the possibility of better signal strength and anything else that comes with a newer radio, is worth whatever the cost of the unlocker is and the posssibility that either I screw something up or the possibility that the radio change causes something else to go wrong. I am just not willing to take the plunge I guess.

Since you're obviously running custom roms, you've already unlocked it. You can flash stock radios (2.32 being the newest). You just can't take advantage of the WU radios without paying for the SIM unlocker. Flashing radios is about the same as flashing roms, don't be scurred!

defiantone 04-29-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726133)
not even the clear storage after the new ROM install?

That has always seemed to be the general rule of thumb.

----
I did the complete flash dance before using task 29.. clear storage twice in the flash dance process..but not since task 29.. and my phone runs great..
heck..i used to complain about not getting my location right, but since task 29..my location is correct now. don't know if it is related..but it started coming back with task 29

mattlenderman 04-29-2010 01:11 PM

ok so I haven't messed with this stuff in years it seems and have in the last week got back into it...i'm usually pretty good with stuff like this, but for some reason having a hard time pin pointing what exactly I'm doing wrong and what step I've missed.

I have a Touch Pro and my goal was get the HomeTab_1.7.1 on it where I can have more customization options along w/ the time/clock/fb app on my main screen. Here is what I've done so far.

#1 I unlocked the phone. After this, I did the mightyrom update where it put it in 6.5 and on my main screen it just shows like "Music, phone, voicemail, etc" from top to bottom on the left side. When i click the start menu, there isn't one and brings me into all my apps which is cool.

I read in the faq's on page one under general questions where it says, "
Q: Does CookieMonster (eat cookies?)...HomeTab_v7.0 work with this ROM?
A: Yes to both!"

Although it doesn't say 1.71, I assumed Hometab would work with what I've done so far but i could be wrong. Anyways, I downloaded the cab for Hometab 1.7.1 and it installed successful, but i'm not seeing anything change on my main screen. I went into the TODAY setting where I thought maybe I could check it but nothings there other than Windows Default checked.

Here's some specs on whats on my phone right now:

From the About icon:

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Build 21840.5.0.60 Mighty

When i go to my remove programs list, this is what shows:

Co0kie's Home Tab
Microsoft Classic Blue
Microsoft Rock and Republic Black
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 MightyROM 2
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 SDY 2
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 SHR 2

I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong here, but I've been reading through these threads for last couple hours and last new a couple hours, and I just can't pin point exactly the step i"m missing here.

Thanks for any assistance/pointers on what I've missed or doing wrong.

MATT

g00s3y 04-29-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1726166)
ok so I haven't messed with this stuff in years it seems and have in the last week got back into it...i'm usually pretty good with stuff like this, but for some reason having a hard time pin pointing what exactly I'm doing wrong and what step I've missed.

I have a Touch Pro and my goal was get the HomeTab_1.7.1 on it where I can have more customization options along w/ the time/clock/fb app on my main screen. Here is what I've done so far.

#1 I unlocked the phone. After this, I did the mightyrom update where it put it in 6.5 and on my main screen it just shows like "Music, phone, voicemail, etc" from top to bottom on the left side. When i click the start menu, there isn't one and brings me into all my apps which is cool.

I read in the faq's on page one under general questions where it says, "
Q: Does CookieMonster (eat cookies?)...HomeTab_v7.0 work with this ROM?
A: Yes to both!"

Although it doesn't say 1.71, I assumed Hometab would work with what I've done so far but i could be wrong. Anyways, I downloaded the cab for Hometab 1.7.1 and it installed successful, but i'm not seeing anything change on my main screen. I went into the TODAY setting where I thought maybe I could check it but nothings there other than Windows Default checked.

Here's some specs on whats on my phone right now:

From the About icon:

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Build 21840.5.0.60 Mighty

When i go to my remove programs list, this is what shows:

Co0kie's Home Tab
Microsoft Classic Blue
Microsoft Rock and Republic Black
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 MightyROM 2
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 SDY 2
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 SHR 2

I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong here, but I've been reading through these threads for last couple hours and last new a couple hours, and I just can't pin point exactly the step i"m missing here.

MATT

At you Home manilla screen hit the bottom right softkey (menu) and edit home layout. There you can customize it how you would like.

toddpedersen 04-29-2010 01:21 PM

Thanked.

What is the benefit of the WU versions compared to non WU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeroDan (Post 1726142)
Since you're obviously running custom roms, you've already unlocked it. You can flash stock radios (2.32 being the newest). You just can't take advantage of the WU radios without paying for the SIM unlocker. Flashing radios is about the same as flashing roms, don't be scurred!

Summit 04-29-2010 01:24 PM

Also make sure you install johncmolyneux's CHTEditor. This is where you do most of the customizing for Cookies Home Tab. Since you've got problems now, you might want to uninstall "Cookies," install this editor first, and then install "Cookies." I read that is preferred but not required on Cookies' post #1.

siraloz 04-29-2010 01:24 PM

See here

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726184)
Thanked.

fatmac1982 04-29-2010 01:31 PM

On my TP2 for Sprint,Im using the MIGHTYROM!! I dislike the auto rotation. Is there a cab file to disable it???

Summit 04-29-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1726166)

MATT

With a TP1 you may not have the horses to run Cookies Home Tab. Even with the TP2, I followed his pointers on "About Performance" in his first post to get better responsiveness, like turned animation off (doesn't affect the weather tab animation), reduced the number of Quick Link pages to 2. Works very well now. Also, I'd recommend the default unlocker for now. Cookie states this also if you have issues - he's working on the Cookies unlocker bugs. I tried it and after a while my hardware buttons wouldn't work. Changed to default unlocker and no problems.

NeroDan 04-29-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726184)
Thanked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siraloz (Post 1726192)

Under normal circumstances, there is no benefit between a regular radio and a WU radio of the same version number. The SIM unlocker requires you to have a WU radio to use other SIMs. So it would be to your advantage to get the newest radio (better battery life, signal, etc usually), but the WU is of no use unless you plan to use another SIM card.