PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

Summit 04-29-2010 12:23 PM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

After installing and playing with Cookies Home Tab, I have uninstalled SPB Mobile Shell with this screenshot the result of where I am now! I am also using MMTaskManager which solves the "X" = Exit issue.

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/a...Screen0011.png

willyjay 04-29-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726040)
For what it is worth, I see the flash back to the stock ROM as a huge waste of time, and have never had a problem with just taking whatever Cooked ROM I have, Running Task 29, then installing the new ROM, Clear Storage and then ready to go.

Personal preference I guess, but don't see the value with flashing to a Stock ROM, only to wipe it with Task 29.

Saves me 5 or so minutes a Flash, and with all these ROM's lately, that is a lot!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fair enough....like I indicated earlier, it's probably over kill, but what the heck. I don't mind the extra minutes. That and the fact it's been said flashing stock does a different clean ( task28 ) than task29 does, I feel i'm starting with a completely clean slate. That being said, I have done task29 only prior to a flash and didn't see any ill affects.

toddpedersen 04-29-2010 12:37 PM

You running the 1.11 version sof MMTaskmanager?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 1726058)
After installing and playing with Cookies Home Tab, I have uninstalled SPB Mobile Shell with this screenshot the result of where I am now! I am also using MMTaskManager which solves the "X" = Exit issue.

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/a...Screen0011.png

bdurst08 04-29-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanne (Post 1725830)
Ummm. Pandesal with coconut jelly.....

MMM, I'm already starving and now your making me even more hungry.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1725862)
have you people ever heard of Peanut Butter and Jelly, or ham and turkey? :) :)

:laughing6: I love PB&J and ham & turkey grew up on it for that matter, but gotta boraden your food spectrum, there is alot of good ish out there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by djhcmd (Post 1726009)
This is my fifth year of school...When I had a gf she couldn't cook for shit...I cant cook for shit...F*** sandwiches 8)

Damn that sucks man, you must spend alot on eating out...

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1726073)
Fair enough....like I indicated earlier, it's probably over kill, but what the heck. I don't mind the extra minutes. That and the fact it's been said flashing stock does a different clean ( task28 ) than task29 does, I feel i'm starting with a completely clean slate. That being said, I have done task29 only prior to a flash and didn't see any ill affects.

true is is a personal pref, and if you do need the radio than flashing stock first would be the way to go, but like you said you def have clean slate if you flash stock than task29. either way, your all good

Summit 04-29-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726098)
You running the 1.11 version sof MMTaskmanager?

No, 1.8.1 from here:

http://sites.google.com/site/maximus...-Apps/mmtaskma

1999TL 04-29-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1725864)
Just a thought, not MR specific, but wouldn't it be better to flash the stock rom (which performs a task28 ) first, then do task29 and flash custom rom from boot loader? It seems to me that you'd be flashing from a cleaner (more empty, no rom at all) device.

Your thoughts?

(yes, I know it may be overkill, but what the heck)

I agree with everybody else. This is overkill and a waste of time.

toddpedersen 04-29-2010 12:44 PM

I agree with you. Just personal preference. I am still running my stock Radio and never have felt the need to pay for the unlocker and wonder if the trade off of the possibility of better signal strength and anything else that comes with a newer radio, is worth whatever the cost of the unlocker is and the posssibility that either I screw something up or the possibility that the radio change causes something else to go wrong. I am just not willing to take the plunge I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1726073)

toddpedersen 04-29-2010 12:48 PM

Thanks and Thanked! I almost installed the older one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 1726106)

defiantone 04-29-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1726040)
For what it is worth, I see the flash back to the stock ROM as a huge waste of time, and have never had a problem with just taking whatever Cooked ROM I have, Running Task 29, then installing the new ROM, Clear Storage and then ready to go.

Personal preference I guess, but don't see the value with flashing to a Stock ROM, only to wipe it with Task 29.

Saves me 5 or so minutes a Flash, and with all these ROM's lately, that is a lot!

Just my 2 cents worth.

---------------

When I flash a new rom... I used Ziggys task 29...install the new rom and I'm good to go. I don't do clear storage since using task 29.. and I have no problems.
just my two cents.

toddpedersen 04-29-2010 12:54 PM

not even the clear storage after the new ROM install?

That has always seemed to be the general rule of thumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by defiantone (Post 1726127)
---------------

When I flash a new rom... I used Ziggys task 29...install the new rom and I'm good to go. I don't do clear storage since using task 29.. and I have no problems.
just my two cents.