PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

tjELITE 04-29-2010 10:56 AM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1725864)
Just a thought, not MR specific, but wouldn't it be better to flash the stock rom (which performs a task28 ) first, then do task29 and flash custom rom from boot loader? It seems to me that you'd be flashing from a cleaner (more empty, no rom at all) device.

Your thoughts?

(yes, I know it may be overkill, but what the heck)

Not really sure if there may be a difference but I guess I flashed to stock to get the radio which task29 removes leaving you with a clean phone...and also to make sure my data was back and working...

I guess ziggy would probably be able to give more incite on what the best method would be but thats what I did and its running great...

hypeo 04-29-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1725876)
Not really sure if there may be a difference but I guess I flashed to stock to get the radio which task29 removes leaving you with a clean phone...and also to make sure my data was back and working...

I guess ziggy would probably be able to give more incite on what the best method would be but thats what I did and its running great...

What I did when I ran Task29 i just loaded FF Beta Rom then before the phone went through all its installations I placed the phone in Boot loader again and flashed a radio (Sprint 2.32wf)

That worked very well for me.

mlin 04-29-2010 11:33 AM

I ran Ziggy's Task29 then flashed FF. I am running radio 2.32.00WF so either Task29 didn't wipe the radio or Mike has a radio included in the ROM.

ziggy471 04-29-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1725864)
Just a thought, not MR specific, but wouldn't it be better to flash the stock rom (which performs a task28 ) first, then do task29 and flash custom rom from boot loader? It seems to me that you'd be flashing from a cleaner (more empty, no rom at all) device.

Your thoughts?

(yes, I know it may be overkill, but what the heck)

That would be the best way, at least from what I remember reading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1725949)
I ran Ziggy's Task29 then flashed FF. I am running radio 2.32.00WF so either Task29 didn't wipe the radio or Mike has a radio included in the ROM.

I didn't put a radio in the Task29 in post #6, easier that way, since everyone here can't agree on one radio. I used a splash screen, so the radio is never touched. Mike DOES NOT include a radio in his releases.

Z

mlin 04-29-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy471 (Post 1725955)
That would be the best way, at least from what I remember reading.

I didn't put a radio in the Task29 in post #6, easier that way, since everyone here can't agree on one radio. I used a splash screen, so the radio is never touched. Mike DOES NOT include a radio in his releases.

Z

So Task29 doesn't wipe the radio?

afripino 04-29-2010 11:44 AM

Aww man....I'm gone for a few days and you guys are on a whole new ROM that I missed the boat on! :( I'm so jealous...

Oh well...Thanks for the great work as always Mike!

willyjay 04-29-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1725961)
So Task29 doesn't wipe the radio?

No it doesn't....I usually flash stock Verizon rom, run task29 then flash custom rom and I have never changed radios.

EDIT: That is, the task29 .exe Ziggy made from post #6 does not affect/change/wipe the radio. I've never messed with the other ways of performing task29 as Ziggy's is, to me, by far the easiest.

DaddyLongLegs 04-29-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1725837)
It does, indeed exist, that option is present on all versions of Sense 2.5. Slide all the way right to the settings tab, click Sound & Display it's the 3rd one down and then single volume is the 5th option in that list.

Thanks so much! I didn't see it because I disable HTC Sense from the Today screen option menu. All fixed! :)

djhcmd 04-29-2010 12:01 PM

This is my fifth year of school...When I had a gf she couldn't cook for shit...I cant cook for shit...F*** sandwiches 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1725862)
have you people ever heard of Peanut Butter and Jelly, or ham and turkey? :) :)

toddpedersen 04-29-2010 12:16 PM

For what it is worth, I see the flash back to the stock ROM as a huge waste of time, and have never had a problem with just taking whatever Cooked ROM I have, Running Task 29, then installing the new ROM, Clear Storage and then ready to go.

Personal preference I guess, but don't see the value with flashing to a Stock ROM, only to wipe it with Task 29.

Saves me 5 or so minutes a Flash, and with all these ROM's lately, that is a lot!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyjay (Post 1725978)
No it doesn't....I usually flash stock Verizon rom, run task29 then flash custom rom and I have never changed radios.

EDIT: That is, the task29 .exe Ziggy made from post #6 does not affect/change/wipe the radio. I've never messed with the other ways of performing task29 as Ziggy's is, to me, by far the easiest.