PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-21-11★SharkieROM v4.1.5★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW RELEASE...

I just know its going to be your best one yet

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I redid a blue slider I found so it will work with SharkieRom.

Attached Files
File Type: cab Mcluvn_ Blue_Slider_v1.cab (1.38 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
First time to use your ROM. Thank you so much to this work of art. It is beautiful. Quick question from this quote. What do you change to get exchange to sync?

Edit: Nevermind this security patch worked. I have not used it in a long time. thanks again for this rom
Fixed!!! error 0x85010013 for WM6.1 or WM6.5 - xda-developers

I did not use a security patch - the settings are what I posted. After you try to sync with an Exchange server, you will get an error. After you receive the error go in and modify the keys as shown below.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies]
"00001017"=dword:000000b4
"0000100c"=dword:00000040
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

dbdrag is a n00b

Does anyone know how to add lenguagues on the XT9? I USED the energy rom before. But now i LOVE this one, but it is so anoying not having XT9 for any other than english, wich i use some of the time, but i also use spanish and german. Any ideas? ´cos i havent found any of these things anywhere. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdrag View Post
Does anyone know how to add lenguagues on the XT9? I USED the energy rom before. But now i LOVE this one, but it is so anoying not having XT9 for any other than english, wich i use some of the time, but i also use spanish and german. Any ideas? ´cos i havent found any of these things anywhere. Thanks a lot.
I looked around and found a couple of threads that talked about this:

T9 input language - xda-developers

[How To] Change XT9 dictionary - xda-developers

I tried a couple of the cabs, but couldn't get anything to work. I can't remember if EZInput naturally came with a bunch of non-english files. If so, I probably deleted them which would explain why editing the registry appropriately doesn't work. I also tried a cab that supposedly has different lang file in it (Spanish being one of them) and that didn't work either. Anyway, you can have a look at those threads and maybe figure something out. I will continue to look into this when I have the time...

@ Everyone,

I've been using that new taskbar for about a day now, and unfortunately I gotta say, I'm just not feeling it. It's too dark. I feel that the icons don't stand out enough. I have to pick up my phone or bend down most of the time to see for certain what the icons are. If I want to make sure that my phone is on vibrate, I can't glance at it as I walk by and be able to tell instantly that it's on vibrate or silent like I could with my old taskbar. I have to stop and take a sec to look good at it or bend over a bit to get a little closer or pick it up to get a better look. I love the design of them, but like I said it's just too dark, IMO.

With that being said, I do feel that my taskbar icons could use some refreshing and I'll be looking around for some new ones. But... I really love the taskbar icons I use now, so I'm not given em up for just any ol' icons. If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to post screenies and links. I think I'll start by checking out that android looking set.

Since I don't plan on using this icon set in my ROM, you guys can go ahead and ask their creator if it's cool to post your CDMA version so everyone can have it.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
@ Everyone,

I've been using that new taskbar for about a day now, and unfortunately I gotta say, I'm just not feeling it. It's too dark. I feel that the icons don't stand out enough. I have to pick up my phone or bend down most of the time to see for certain what the icons are. If I want to make sure that my phone is on vibrate, I can't glance at it as I walk by and be able to tell instantly that it's on vibrate or silent like I could with my old taskbar. I have to stop and take a sec to look good at it or bend over a bit to get a little closer or pick it up to get a better look. I love the design of them, but like I said it's just too dark, IMO.

With that being said, I do feel that my taskbar icons could use some refreshing and I'll be looking around for some new ones. But... I really love the taskbar icons I use now, so I'm not given em up for just any ol' icons. If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to post screenies and links. I think I'll start by checking out that android looking set.

Since I don't plan on using this icon set in my ROM, you guys can go ahead and ask their creator if it's cool to post your CDMA version so everyone can have it.
Thats a real shame!... But I do respect your opinion.

Mcluvin with that taskbar cab will it disable the launch of the taskmanager and replace it with the drop down taskbar option? That you shown on your screen cabs.

I tried a link that sharkie gave a few pages back on disabling the launch of the task manager but it never worked. It didn't do anything. I disabled sense installed the cab reset the device and nothing happened.

I really want to disable the launch of the task manager when you select the taskbar. I much rather prefer the drop down taskbar..
Old 03-12-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Mcluvin with that taskbar cab will it disable the launch of the taskmanager and replace it with the drop down taskbar option? That you shown on your screen cabs.

I tried a link that sharkie gave a few pages back on disabling the launch of the task manager but it never worked. It didn't do anything. I disabled sense installed the cab reset the device and nothing happened.

I really want to disable the launch of the task manager when you select the taskbar. I much rather prefer the drop down taskbar..
To get the dropdown menu, you need to get rid of or disable HTC Notification Enhancement. It has nothing to do with Sense. I googled it for you and the first link look like it will get the job done (at least with older version of Notification enhancement).

disable htc notification enhancement - Google Search

edit - since you said task manager, that may only make it work for pressing over by the icons. If you're actually talking about the notification enhancement, then the above should work fine. There are several programs that are actual task managers and some launch when you press a specific location on the taskbar (ie utask will launch a task manager when you press on the clock in the taskbar). Each of these programs can probably be configured to not launch a taskmanager or make the area it takes up in the taskbar smaller.

Last edited by mwalt2; 03-12-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
To get the dropdown menu, you need to get rid of or disable HTC Notification Enhancement. It has nothing to do with Sense. I googled it for you and the first link look like it will get the job done (at least with older version of Notification enhancement).

disable htc notification enhancement - Google Search

edit - since you said task manager, that may only make it work for pressing over by the icons. If you're actually talking about the notification enhancement, then the above should work fine. There are several programs that are actual task managers and some launch when you press a specific location on the taskbar (ie utask will launch a task manager when you press on the clock in the taskbar). Each of these programs can probably be configured to not launch a taskmanager or make the area it takes up in the taskbar smaller.
Looks like I had to delete notification manager in the registry and it worked.

Thanks alot man!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Nice! Glad you got it! and Thanks, as always, mwalt!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I fixed the greyed out backgrounds in WM screens. It was a problem in my theme .tsk. Thanks to ai6908 for pointing me in the right direction.

Here's an interesting mistake I made along the way, lol

Next on my list is to figure out how to add wifi router to the comm manager. That's the last thing I'd like to have done before this next release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development