PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
The RSS Feed on the Home screen was only cooked into the X version. If you're on version 5.0, it's not cooked in the ROM. You can install the cab yourself. Search for resizable RSS Reader and that should pull up the XDA link.

Thanks ModMyPPC

So in 5.1 news, I've got Facebook working properly now, or as properly as it can be. Updated moTweets, Total Commander and UC Web (Thanks KJ). I'm going to leave the Twitter Tab in the ROM since I'm sure some of you have save your necessary regedits in order to make it work. For those, like myself, that have not, you can just disable the tab and roll with moTweets. Added ClearTemp and Auto-Loudspeaker. Thinking about adding Palringo, since it seems to be the easiest way to use G-Chat on our phones. What do you guys think about adding Palringo?
For clear temp make sure you set one of the custom files to Youtube. I just cleared out 8 mb. Dam youtube cache.

As far as Parlingo I dont use any Im chats. Please try to keep the available internal storage high... And dont stuff it with softwear that we only use once every 3 months.

You make it easy to uninstall softwear that we dont use but there are somethings that you cook into the rom that we cannot delete. Like the actual cab in the windows directory. Dont get me wrong sharkie Im very satisfied with your roms but use your own judgement and try not to get to influenced on what individual users want in the rom. If you think its necessary to use the interanal space then I will trust your judgement. Its just after I add a few of my individual cabs I get low on internal memory and I have to disable start menu and make a few other tweaks to preserve storage space.

What is auto loudspeaker? does it effect incall speaker or out of call speaker. Or is it something completly different

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 05-23-2011 at 12:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post

You make it easy to uninstall softwear that we dont use but there are somethings that you cook into the rom that we cannot delete. Like the actual cab in the windows directory. Dont get me wrong sharkie Im very satisfied with your roms but use your own judgement and try not to get to influenced on what individual users want in the rom. If you think its necessary to use the interanal space then I will trust your judgement. Its just after I add a few of my individual cabs I get low on internal memory and I have to disable start menu and make a few other tweaks to preserve storage space.
If there is something that you want to get rid of that is cooked in ROM, use htcRIE before you flash ROM. Also, try to install cabs to storage card to save memory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcRIE_0.5.0.12.zip (552.6 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6.5
Carrier: sprint

mahbuburkhan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
The RSS Feed on the Home screen was only cooked into the X version. If you're on version 5.0, it's not cooked in the ROM. You can install the cab yourself. Search for resizable RSS Reader and that should pull up the XDA link.

Thanks ModMyPPC

So in 5.1 news, I've got Facebook working properly now, or as properly as it can be. Updated moTweets, Total Commander and UC Web (Thanks KJ). I'm going to leave the Twitter Tab in the ROM since I'm sure some of you have save your necessary regedits in order to make it work. For those, like myself, that have not, you can just disable the tab and roll with moTweets. Added ClearTemp and Auto-Loudspeaker. Thinking about adding Palringo, since it seems to be the easiest way to use G-Chat on our phones. What do you guys think about adding Palringo?
Thanks for the info.
One more dumb question:
After I installed the resizable RSS Reader, it show on my homescreen. But it always shows the default rss channel "More Great Software". I tap it, change to other channels, but it doesn't update to my selected channel. How do I change it?
Appreciate your help.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Have you tried deleting the "More Great Software" feed and any feeds that you don't want? I know that it only shows one feed at a time. Have you waited to see if other feeds are showing up after the More Great Software feed?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Lurker

mahbuburkhan is a n00b

Yes, I deleted "More Great Software" from my channel, and I have only one channel that I wanted to see. I removed and reinstalled the cab couple times as well with no luck. When I tap it it takes me to RSS hub and shows my channel, but the home screen never gets my channel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sharkierss.JPG (40.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I'll install that cab and see how it goes and I'll let you know...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

So I installed that cab and it seems to be working fine for me. As you can see, the Top Headlines feed is the one displayed and that is the only feed I have chosen. Have you tried uninstalling the cab and reinstalling it?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Lurker

mahbuburkhan is a n00b

Hmm. Yes, I uninstalled and tried differnt cabs from [UPDATE:14MAY][CHT2.0_WIDGET] RESIZABLE RSSReader [FULL CONFIG] - xda-developers but all same problem.

In the mean time I flashed my phone with your X. It works really great and fast. Your cooked rss works fine in the X.

Only thing bugging me is the email,txt,history,voicemail buttons on the home screen. Can't I remove them? I tried edit home screen layout. Diddn't see any options to remove them.

The bottom horizontal home screen tab already has those buttons. Functionality wise its duplication. I would prefer either the horizontal bar or the floating buttons, but not both.

Again, thanks a lot for your great work and continuous support.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:56 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Press and hold on an empty spot on the homescreen and then choose "edit mode" from the menu that pops up. Then, once in edit mode, press and hold one of the notification buttons that you don't like. Choose "remove item" (I think it says) to remove it. That's the easiest way to remove anything from the home screen.

Also, once in edit mode, click on advanced (bottom right softkey button) and choose to enable the notification bar widget, if that's what you prefer.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Lurker

mahbuburkhan is a n00b

Thanks for your help.
With the RSS, Although now I got my preferred channel, its stuck with the data it received first time from the RSS hub. Never refreshes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development