PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
I freaking love this MOD!!!

Some personal suggestions for Max and Big:
1. More more more!!! More options, more skins, more widgets, more clocks, more colors, more everything! I can't state this enough. What makes this soooooo good is all you can do with it, it's damn near limitless.
2. LANDSCAPE you pimp'n mod developing mother F 'ers! (for us laggy processor TP2 keyboard addicts)
3. Tighten up the control when moving widgets around. SPB has a great interface where when you move a widget around it locks into a pre-set format when you are customizing your layout so widgets and icons are straight and easy to allign. Also if possible the boxing and sizing of many of the widgets that are customizable options could be similar so spacing and the layout are much easier.
4. Bigger sizing options; I love the favorite person widget you can change by scrolling up but this would be absolutely sick if this were a full screen option.
5. More Cookie! I noticed Cookie contributed to this project with his scripts. You can't go wrong with more options. Cookie created different sizes of application icons and different row formats like 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, ect. This would be merging the best two mods that have come out this last year.

Sayonara windows and sense...
1. More is coming... This is just the beginning of MaxSense

2. Thanks?

3. will look into this.. working on something already

4. will see if thats possible

5. Again, this is just the beginning.. Keep ideas coming.. i will see what we can do..

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Hey Bro, Finally got up and running... ProGloss is sweet!!! I think this is going to be the standard like said, for those liking and thinking about going Android, but like the idea of building/running custom ROMs!!! I can't wait to show this off to the guy at the Sprint store!!! He freaked when I showed him my TP1 w/Energy ROM & Sense 2.5 & all the goodies like WiFi Router etc... and that can't compare

Thanks BiGnAdAd & Maxycy!!!

It would be a keeper if I wasn't BETA testing another sweet axx 6.5.X ROM
But it will stay on the SD Card!!!

Btw if this is just the beginning of MaxSense Look out!!!
Another BIG Thanks for hanging out in the thread and giving a lot of support!!!
Thanks Man... Don't worry, stay tuned for updates!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

I keep seeing post of people saying that MaxSense is too buggy for them... Also some comments to look at ALL the bugs in this thread.....

Sorry, but not seeing them? can anyone help....

Seen some ROM issue's but not MaxSense issues.... Have seen a couple of "Real" MaxSense issues, but most are just questions regarding how it functions...

Can anyone say that this is too buggy for them? I have been using for months and very very rarely see a MaxSense bug....

Did i miss the comments in my own thread?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kennae1911 is just getting started

[QUOTE=bignadad;1782626]It's Coming! should be this week

Ok, thanks BIg, I was making sure I wasn't missing something, because I was getting the 404 error when I attempted to click on the Sprint rom......
Old 05-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 on bringing back the retractable notifications!!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

gqxcasanova is a n00b

anyone else getting a black screen on the sms tab when pressing your favorite contact icon?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

BIG thanks and MUCHO props to Bignadad and maxcy for the AWESOME mod/ROM. This has been one of the best days I've had playing with my phone yet

the only maxsense bugs I've found are:
1. when editing widgets, its sometimes difficult to 'click' on the widget to get to its edit screen.
2. when positioning widgets on the screen, they don't seem to be very easy to position.. they sometimes seem to drop down a bit from where they're released. This doesn't seem to be different whether using the stylus or a finger.
3. When viewing text messages (for example) and i want to return to the home screen, it seems as if i need to tap the home button, but this doesn't always work out. This doesnt matter which function i am using, tghe difficulty returningto the home screen seems apparent regardless.

General 'bugs' for me are as follows:
1. in landscape mode, when i want to text, the 'buttons' that are normally at the bottom in portrait mode are overlappijg the text input screen in landscape mode. (hope that makes "sense" LOL...
2. after selecting a photo from my album to upload to facebook, the media uploader icon stays on the windows taskbar. when i click on it the "RSK" is greyed out so it cant be cancelled.

DEFINITELY not complaining.. just mentioning some quirks that i've found today.

keep up the great work man...
Old 05-30-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kernel610 is just getting started

did I read this right that updates won't require another reflash? how will the updates work?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:27 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
I keep seeing post of people saying that MaxSense is too buggy for them... Also some comments to look at ALL the bugs in this thread.....

Seen some ROM issue's but not MaxSense issues.... Have seen a couple of "Real" MaxSense issues, but most are just questions regarding how it functions...

Can anyone say that this is too buggy for them? I have been using for months and very very rarely see a MaxSense bug....

Been playing non stop for a few hours now, and haven't run into any bugs really, that I know of.??? Less bugs in this FIRST MaxSense release than some manila 2.5 ROM I've flashed in the past... Think about when Manila 2.5 first hit, there where WAAAY more bugs in it than this release of MaxSense!!! I've been able to change all the widgets around add/remove some, add Bigs ProGloss theme, quicklinks everything works... I admit I rarely go into Landscape but everything seems pretty good for a FIRST release. Thanks again

Btw, lets try and give more positive feedback so it doesn't hinder the possibility of frequent updates and improvements
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

that has changed and is not available anymore.. have gotten quite a few request for it, so might bring it back...
I will second bringing back the retractable tabs.

While widgets may add more customization I feel that having the retractable tabs offered a more unique interface.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Been playing non stop for a few hours now, and haven't run into any bugs really, that I know of.??? Less bugs in this FIRST MaxSense release than some manila 2.5 ROM I've flashed in the past... Think about when Manila 2.5 first hit, there where WAAAY more bugs in it than this release of MaxSense!!! I've been able to change all the widgets around add/remove some, add Bigs ProGloss theme, quicklinks everything works... I admit I rarely go into Landscape but everything seems pretty good for a FIRST release. Thanks again

Btw, lets try and give more positive feedback so it doesn't hinder the possibility of frequent updates and improvements

I will have to agree with WFG

I have been playing with this NON STOP and have edited the colors settings and layouts of almost every widget I can find. Also adding applications changing icons and I still havn't run into any problems with Max sense.

Sent multiple MMS and had no issues.

EDIT: and recieved MMS and SMS with no issues

For sms I noticed in htc when you hit the "FN" key plus "," for the symbols it doesn't open but I dont think this is a max sense issue.

Scrolling through tabs back and forth from home to favorites to weather back to home to call history to emails opening sending emails editing layouts, widgets. Nothing is wrong.

I would some it up to user error or simply not familar with the U.I

It does however take some getting use to. For example I noticed you have to double or tripple tab a widget for it to open. Or tap on the icon of the widget for it to open. Maybe has something to do with the area to select the widget IDK im not a programmer

I feel as though this is everything you've said it out to be. If people would simply play with the program before running to the computer to post a so called problem they would be able to figure out the solution themselves.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 05-30-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development