PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New 21909 Update & MORE MEMORY☼Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
The attachment is the script I edited for sprint tp2 cdma that works with Big's rom.

Just to be a little more clear on following Buru898's guide I'll provide a little more information but really we should be discussing questions in that thread. Buru898's guide is great and the community there are a lot better at helping than me. His script just prevents the SOD but does not boost the overclocking frequency when you wake the phone up. The JPC script I edited and provide in this attachment does both. So do not even download the 'under.mscr' script from that guide and instead either use the one I provided for sprint or create your own with the guides in the links I provided. Now in Buru898's guide everytime he mentions using his 'under.mscr' script now use the 'startup.mscr' instead.
He mentions it in step 3 and 4. The boldface is what you should change in his guide but follow everything else exactly.

Step three:

Download the "under.txt" (do not download his 'under.txt' at all because you will be using startup.mscr you create or the one I provided and do not follow the rest of this step!) Basically you need to get 'startup.mscr' to the root of your phone. I personally put the mortscript file on my storage card and then used total commander to copy/move it to the root so the next step would work. Make sure the script you use is not in .txt format. It should look like the root screen shot I provided.

Step four:

After you find out where your mortscript is, we enter the arguments for the program to load our script when we press the power button which should look like this if you saved the script I posted in the very root of your phone.

Under Arguments you need to put: "\startup.mscr". instead of "\under.mscr" that is showing in Buru898's screenshot (include quotations and everything within).

I hope this helps. Also make sure when moving the startup.mscr from your storage card to the root that the file is a mortscript in totalcommander and not a text document that looks something like 'startup.mscr.txt'. (delete the '.txt' if this is the case)

Good luck and once again sorry Big I didn't intend or want to take anything away from your awesome ROM I was just so siked that this plays so well with your new one and the overclocking utility has brought new life to my phone and held me off from an upgrade. Please anyone else refer questions to the thread I provided the link for because they are extremely helpful and more knowledgable. I will try and help if I can just PM me.

This is JPC073's script that I edited for sprint (the location of DispOn is different in my registry than his) and my personal preference for boot and safe speed of 604 so it doesn't get SOD when you power phone on or when you press power to put phone to sleep. I left the stable and constant overclocked frequency of 729 for normal usage everytime the screen is turned on.
Any change required for this to work on Verizon?
Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ New 21909 Update & MORE MEMORY☼Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
Any change required for this to work on Verizon?
Thanks

I found that the registry location for DispOn is different on my VZW device .

You will need to edit the script to read:

; Backlight - will be 0 when screen is off, 1 when on
reg_root_bkl = "HKLM"
reg_key_bkl = "Drivers\Display"
reg_val_bkl = "DispOn"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

anesh01 is just getting started
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

My VZW script does read that, however im still getting overclock error, dispon is not found, when it is there in the registry ??
Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I had asked about getting rid of the colors and such, but now I'm seeing the bubbles exist even when the colors aren't there. Doesn't seem to bee too much consistency on when there is and isn't color. Kind of irritating.
But yeah, I'd like to see the bubbles gone, too. I'm happy with the WinMo generic threaded SMS.
how are some bubbles colored/skinned and others just plain b&w? Does it pull from messenger or something?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
how are some bubbles colored/skinned and others just plain b&w? Does it pull from messenger or something?
I'm not really sure exactly. I can tell you that I only see color in landscape mode. But sometimes it's B&W. I think it depends on how I get into it. I'll have to experiment more to give a more definitive answer.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: New TP2 owner

dgtalgoddess is just getting started

Response from Big,

okay... the colored bubble are WinMo Messaging and the black/white are HTC messaging...
if you click new message on message tab it will bring up WinMo..
if you click actual message on message tab it will bring up HTC
if you click ALL messages on message tab it will bring up WinMo
If you are looking at a contact in HTC peope and want to slide to messages it will take you to HTC message....

WinMo message client is default BUT HTC messaging is still there and has to be used from HTC People slider...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I guess because I'm not a chef (I tried and failed) I don't know the obvious answer to this, but why have both?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

bigworm82 is a n00b

so today i went to flash to the new 23569... hard reset... started task 29... it went all the way through and restarted.. now it's stuck on the white htc screen.. and i can't do anything with it... did i just completely brick my phone?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

bigworm82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm82 View Post
so today i went to flash to the new 23569... hard reset... started task 29... it went all the way through and restarted.. now it's stuck on the white htc screen.. and i can't do anything with it... did i just completely brick my phone?
nevermind fixed it... did the touch pro one vol down, power button, soft reset button thing to put it into the start thing and it's flashing now.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
The attachment is the script I edited for sprint tp2 cdma that works with Big's rom.

Just to be a little more clear on following Buru898's guide I'll provide a little more information but really we should be discussing questions in that thread. Buru898's guide is great and the community there are a lot better at helping than me. His script just prevents the SOD but does not boost the overclocking frequency when you wake the phone up. The JPC script I edited and provide in this attachment does both. So do not even download the 'under.mscr' script from that guide and instead either use the one I provided for sprint or create your own with the guides in the links I provided. Now in Buru898's guide everytime he mentions using his 'under.mscr' script now use the 'startup.mscr' instead.
He mentions it in step 3 and 4. The boldface is what you should change in his guide but follow everything else exactly.

Step three:

Download the "under.txt" (do not download his 'under.txt' at all because you will be using startup.mscr you create or the one I provided and do not follow the rest of this step!) Basically you need to get 'startup.mscr' to the root of your phone. I personally put the mortscript file on my storage card and then used total commander to copy/move it to the root so the next step would work. Make sure the script you use is not in .txt format. It should look like the root screen shot I provided.

Step four:

After you find out where your mortscript is, we enter the arguments for the program to load our script when we press the power button which should look like this if you saved the script I posted in the very root of your phone.

Under Arguments you need to put: "\startup.mscr". instead of "\under.mscr" that is showing in Buru898's screenshot (include quotations and everything within).

I hope this helps. Also make sure when moving the startup.mscr from your storage card to the root that the file is a mortscript in totalcommander and not a text document that looks something like 'startup.mscr.txt'. (delete the '.txt' if this is the case)

Good luck and once again sorry Big I didn't intend or want to take anything away from your awesome ROM I was just so siked that this plays so well with your new one and the overclocking utility has brought new life to my phone and held me off from an upgrade. Please anyone else refer questions to the thread I provided the link for because they are extremely helpful and more knowledgable. I will try and help if I can just PM me.

This is JPC073's script that I edited for sprint (the location of DispOn is different in my registry than his) and my personal preference for boot and safe speed of 604 so it doesn't get SOD when you power phone on or when you press power to put phone to sleep. I left the stable and constant overclocked frequency of 729 for normal usage everytime the screen is turned on.

Thanks for the help again ryan, but I am probably going to give up on this overclocking thing. Try everything but when it get to the last step, the phone won't turn off after pressing the power button. Try hard reset and redo the process all over again, but still the same result. Also have several error messages popping up from overclock app. Look like I am going to just do a hard reset and roll back to the good old rom again and leave this overclocking for a future rom or so.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development