PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

amjman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ GAINED 10% MORE MEMORY ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

I believe that the Win7 theme screws things up. I have not loaded it on the 7-16, but, on the 7-15 I had to soft reset a million times, with similar issues. Once I did NOT load the Win7 theme (or any but the Color Icon 1.05 pack) the issues went away.

And, I agree with another post that many times the issues are due to an added software package or two not playing nicely with the ROM. You should load them independently, and test for a few days before identifying the ROM as the culprit!

BIG-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Cannot wait for next "refresh!"

amjman

PS-at least 200 flashes on TP2 (1000+ counting my TP1)-never needed a "task29" BTW even though I researched it. guess I am lucky to not have needed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
(This is mostly just Rant and emotion, so take it with a grain of salt)..Man, this thing is really starting to unnerve me day by day...

I love the rom.. Love the phone.. yet it can not even do the simple things correctly withtout giving me a migraine..

(yes i task29's etc..) save that schpeel.

This morning i go to answer my phone as a call comes in (this is as it was sitting overnight, unused, 90% battery).. I pick it up, slide the phone answer thingy, and the phone sits like a vegetable, and Boom, missed the call..

This happens on at least 50% of the calls i get i swear.. Even if i use the hardware button...

Look as im Writing this.. my wife just called.. (now i have NO dialers, or even ANY added on programs, just the Rom, and the Win7 theme, thats it).. I go to answer the slider, it doesnt even do anything, i hit the green button to answer the call, which it did, but it took a good 10 seconds for the "Call" screen to come on and the numbers to start counting..

Its SO uber frstrating.. Its a phone, and its not doing the one thing its meant to do smoothly...

Second.. i have a txt message come in.. fine.. I go to delete it from the manila menu.. The backlight turns off, i seill see the message, and the phone is hard locked, had to do a softreset with the button on the side of the phone..

I mean how are you people dealing with this?? 98% of this is just frustration, and i know the winmo platform and its pitfalls.. but i mean this is getting borderline unuseable and is rapidly pushing me to abandon it for a phone7 phone when they come out or perish the thought a crackberry...
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ GAINED 10% MORE MEMORY ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesh01 View Post
I need help accessing the menu as to where i can input the sim unlock codes. I called verizon and they gave them to me, as im about to go overseas, but for the life of me i cant find the section/menu to input them. I know in the stock rom it was under a security tab, however i didnt see it there on yours.....any help is appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by young0ne View Post
yeah I looked at that and it looks like the "Securityā€¯ icon is not under "personal"
ill ask big what happen to it cuz i want to unlock my phone too. i got both codes
and cant use them LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
I need help accessing the menu as to where i can input the sim unlock codes. I called verizon and they gave them to me, as im about to go overseas, but for the life of me i cant find the section/menu to input them. I know in the stock rom it was under a security tab, however i didnt see it there on yours.....any help is
appreciated.
i have looked into this with no luck.... its not in the builds because i have tried multiple one's... maybe its in my OEM? i will continue to search...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
Big,

Question on the Change Log -> #4
MaxSense ChangeLog
4. Home buttons and keys now go straight to the main screen (this means on TP2 that the End or Back keys will return you to MaxSense home panels)

Should it actually work this way?
On my phone, the end hardware key does not go back to the Maxsense home panels if I am in a screen such as SMS or Email.
yes, you are correct.... it was working fine before, so i will look into and provide a fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjman View Post
I believe that the Win7 theme screws things up. I have not loaded it on the 7-16, but, on the 7-15 I had to soft reset a million times, with similar issues. Once I did NOT load the Win7 theme (or any but the Color Icon 1.05 pack) the issues went away.

And, I agree with another post that many times the issues are due to an added software package or two not playing nicely with the ROM. You should load them independently, and test for a few days before identifying the ROM as the culprit!

BIG-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Cannot wait for next "refresh!"

amjman

PS-at least 200 flashes on TP2 (1000+ counting my TP1)-never needed a "task29" BTW even though I researched it. guess I am lucky to not have needed it!
the themes should not be causing a problem... i have tested the actual cabs off the forum on my device and it works with no problems... let me double check a few things just to be sure....

Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

young0ne is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
i have looked into this with no luck.... its not in the builds because i have tried multiple one's... maybe its in my OEM? i will continue to search...

yes, you are correct.... it was working fine before, so i will look into and provide a fix...

the themes should not be causing a problem... i have tested the actual cabs off the forum on my device and it works with no problems... let me double check a few things just to be sure....
Find out if someone can extract it for you the best person i know to do that is JooJooBee666 he always extract roms.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

vincetiaspeed is just getting started

Couple of questions from a NOOBEEE. I really enjoy the rom and the latest seems much improved. That said, how do i get the animation on the weather now? And, on the dusk theme, do you have to download all of the dusk parts or just the theme cab to make it work where all parts look the same?

Thanks, any thoughts appreciated.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Big,
For the END key not working ->
I would just wait for the next version.
No need to put out a fix as it is just a minor issue.
BTW - Donation sent. Thanks for the hard work.
You are certainly one of the most attentive chefs out there.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincetiaspeed View Post
Couple of questions from a NOOBEEE. I really enjoy the rom and the latest seems much improved. That said, how do i get the animation on the weather now? And, on the dusk theme, do you have to download all of the dusk parts or just the theme cab to make it work where all parts look the same?

Thanks, any thoughts appreciated.
the weather animation can be set by clicking the bottom right corner and then choosing "max sense settings".

i believe the dusk parts are installed with the cab but you need to go in and edit the widgets and change their backgrounds to the dusk theme backgrounds.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4fan View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Is anyone else having problems with the Wi-Fi Router? I am getting the error, "Unsupported or unavailable connection"?
i've been using the wi-fi router every day with no error messages, other than i have to stop and start it again sometimes because it loses the connection with Sprint.

are you getting this error on your phone or on your computer?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

ROM Update!

Not releasing another one, just giving an update on upcoming ROM...

- 21909 & 23647 will take place of old builds

- HTC Messaging is now installed and working! Send MMS w/ WinMo and Text with HTC Message 2016

- Revamped MMS to ensure its working for everyone.. Sprint video messaging should work now too

- Cleaning up the conventional manila graphics that are not used in MaxSense...

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post

- 21909 & 23647 will take place of old builds
I thought in your tweet you were using sys build 21911? Did you find something wrong with the compatibility of winmo messaging or 2016? I also thought I read somewhere that the 23647 build was superfast but there was a problem with the threaded messaging. I'll try and find that or maybe you already know about it and it has been fixed.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

CEMIII is a n00b

Hey All,

I to noticed that when I loaded Windows 7 Theme i had some added isues when I first loaded 7-14 when I reflased & did not load it I was good as well.

Since then I loaded in this order;

- Bigs Maxsense dusk Theme
- Bigs Maxsense Theme1

The icons on the home screen match the pre-loaded luanch icons when you slide the home tab to the right

I have a question I need to change the "Mail Alert" background in the registry to match the "SMS Alert" in the registry but do not know where it is.
Could someone guide me to that to the edit widget or widgets in the registry so I can change it please.

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development