View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
amjman
N00b

amjman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ GAINED 10% MORE MEMORY ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

I believe that the Win7 theme screws things up. I have not loaded it on the 7-16, but, on the 7-15 I had to soft reset a million times, with similar issues. Once I did NOT load the Win7 theme (or any but the Color Icon 1.05 pack) the issues went away.

And, I agree with another post that many times the issues are due to an added software package or two not playing nicely with the ROM. You should load them independently, and test for a few days before identifying the ROM as the culprit!

BIG-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Cannot wait for next "refresh!"

amjman

PS-at least 200 flashes on TP2 (1000+ counting my TP1)-never needed a "task29" BTW even though I researched it. guess I am lucky to not have needed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
(This is mostly just Rant and emotion, so take it with a grain of salt)..Man, this thing is really starting to unnerve me day by day...

I love the rom.. Love the phone.. yet it can not even do the simple things correctly withtout giving me a migraine..

(yes i task29's etc..) save that schpeel.

This morning i go to answer my phone as a call comes in (this is as it was sitting overnight, unused, 90% battery).. I pick it up, slide the phone answer thingy, and the phone sits like a vegetable, and Boom, missed the call..

This happens on at least 50% of the calls i get i swear.. Even if i use the hardware button...

Look as im Writing this.. my wife just called.. (now i have NO dialers, or even ANY added on programs, just the Rom, and the Win7 theme, thats it).. I go to answer the slider, it doesnt even do anything, i hit the green button to answer the call, which it did, but it took a good 10 seconds for the "Call" screen to come on and the numbers to start counting..

Its SO uber frstrating.. Its a phone, and its not doing the one thing its meant to do smoothly...

Second.. i have a txt message come in.. fine.. I go to delete it from the manila menu.. The backlight turns off, i seill see the message, and the phone is hard locked, had to do a softreset with the button on the side of the phone..

I mean how are you people dealing with this?? 98% of this is just frustration, and i know the winmo platform and its pitfalls.. but i mean this is getting borderline unuseable and is rapidly pushing me to abandon it for a phone7 phone when they come out or perish the thought a crackberry...