PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

dnvm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ MaxSense Dusk Coming ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Hello, I would first like to say that MaxSence looks very cool. OK, I own an Omnia i910 which is QWVGA. Is MaxSense compatible with QWVGA? If your answer is no, how hard is it to make it compatible? I realize that the back ground photos need to be resized, but what about Icon size.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ MaxSense Dusk Coming ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
yep, theme's are cabed..here's B/W with an ed hardy wallpaper...nice new taskbar
Mind posting that cool background and the one that was in yellowish/crazy colors a dozen pages back? You said it was too much for you.. hehe
Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Mind posting that cool background and the one that was in yellowish/crazy colors a dozen pages back? You said it was too much for you.. hehe

I'm going to have to resize it by hand---wich is a prob since I don't have photoshop on my netbook----pm me your email and I'll get it to you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
Hey big, are you still planing on making a 6.5 rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee91 View Post
Hey big, I really like your rom and I want to know if your coming out with a 219** build or if 23563 is the only build your putting out? I find the 219** builds better... Also I had a lot of trouble with the task manager, it didn't integrate well swapping from the home one, to arkswitch other than that a few few freeze ups the ui is amazing!!!!!
Will be testing a 6.5 Version this week.. if all goes well with beta testers i will release this weekend or next....

Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6850

tbone2000 is just getting started

I love the look and feel of this ROM and have been using it all weekend on Verizon. Unfortunately, I have had zero success with any other ROMs in the past and this one is not the exception. The main issue that's a deal breakers is:

I get the blip for new email but no sound for MMS/SMS or incoming calls. I saw this mentioned back in the thread around page 80. When I go to the options under phone and select any ringer except for Dog Bark it says corrupt ring tone. True, when I go in to sounds under the settings menu I can select the ring tone and they do work but they still don't work when there's an incoming call. I have had this happen with other ROM's and every time it seems to go bad there's some sort of family crysis and I miss the call. It did work when I first installed the ROM but at some point a day later I noticed that I kept getting new calls and txt's and for some reason didn't hear them.

In addition, about 30% of the time when I press the power button the display doesn't come on. I can press it several times and press the phone hang up and nothing. If I hold the power button down eventually I get the shutdown menu and when I click cancel the home screen comes up. Not a deal breaker, it just seems to happen fairly often.

Lastly, don't know the source of this problem but I had the phone connected to my laptop charging and before I went to bed it showed charged up to 82%. At some point during the night the laptop went in to suspend mode. The next morning I picked up my phone and it was at 32%. I'm sure there are lots of reasons this can happen but I have never seen this before with the stock ROM and I would leave the phone connect the same way ever night.

I'm sure there will be some of you that will say "then go with the stock ROM, what do you want from us". Trust me, I love the custom ROMs but I just can't seem to get one that will ring reliably and charge reliably with good battery life and those are my deal breakers. I'll be following along to see if you have a final release at some point and will definitely try it again but for now I think I'm stuck back with the stock ROM. Please don't think I am bashing because I'm not, I'm just pissed that I can never get a custom ROM to work and that includes with the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2. I must have tried about 100 custom ROM's on the Touch Pro and would always eventually run in to a major problem that require trying a new ROM.

On a side note, the only aftermarket software I installed was PDA Poker Art, Core Player and DIVX player. I can't say for sure if any of these could have been resonsible for any of the problem but I had them installed as well as many others with the Stock ROM with no problems.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:17 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2000 View Post
I love the look and feel of this ROM and have been using it all weekend on Verizon. Unfortunately, I have had zero success with any other ROMs in the past and this one is not the exception. The main issue that's a deal breakers is:

I get the blip for new email but no sound for MMS/SMS or incoming calls. I saw this mentioned back in the thread around page 80. When I go to the options under phone and select any ringer except for Dog Bark it says corrupt ring tone. True, when I go in to sounds under the settings menu I can select the ring tone and they do work but they still don't work when there's an incoming call. I have had this happen with other ROM's and every time it seems to go bad there's some sort of family crysis and I miss the call. It did work when I first installed the ROM but at some point a day later I noticed that I kept getting new calls and txt's and for some reason didn't hear them.

In addition, about 30% of the time when I press the power button the display doesn't come on. I can press it several times and press the phone hang up and nothing. If I hold the power button down eventually I get the shutdown menu and when I click cancel the home screen comes up. Not a deal breaker, it just seems to happen fairly often.

Lastly, don't know the source of this problem but I had the phone connected to my laptop charging and before I went to bed it showed charged up to 82%. At some point during the night the laptop went in to suspend mode. The next morning I picked up my phone and it was at 32%. I'm sure there are lots of reasons this can happen but I have never seen this before with the stock ROM and I would leave the phone connect the same way ever night.

I'm sure there will be some of you that will say "then go with the stock ROM, what do you want from us". Trust me, I love the custom ROMs but I just can't seem to get one that will ring reliably and charge reliably with good battery life and those are my deal breakers. I'll be following along to see if you have a final release at some point and will definitely try it again but for now I think I'm stuck back with the stock ROM. Please don't think I am bashing because I'm not, I'm just pissed that I can never get a custom ROM to work and that includes with the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2. I must have tried about 100 custom ROM's on the Touch Pro and would always eventually run in to a major problem that require trying a new ROM.

On a side note, the only aftermarket software I installed was PDA Poker Art, Core Player and DIVX player. I can't say for sure if any of these could have been resonsible for any of the problem but I had them installed as well as many others with the Stock ROM with no problems.

Thanks for being specific about you problem. Having a phone that rings is very important---hell, that's what a phone is for.
Prior to flashing this rom (or any others you've had issues with) did you Task29 or flashdance??? And which version date are you using.

There was an issue with the 6.3 that was taken down fairly quickly and reloaded...so there's been a few updates. If you are using something other than the one released 6.9 I would say to
1) task29 or flashdance (I'd say task29)
2)dl the newest (6.9) Verizon maxsense rom
3)flash 6.9
4)clear storage
5)call yourself from another phone before you load anything on the phone.
6)check that you can change the ringers

now load cabs and see if anything breaks the ringer.

let us know if this helps
Old 06-14-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

No, I have not tried the task29 or flashdance so I will be happy to try that. I was using the newest 6.9. Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'll see if I can get this done today and will report back.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
No, I have not tried the task29 or flashdance so I will be happy to try that. I was using the newest 6.9. Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'll see if I can get this done today and will report back.

Thanks for your quick reply.
It sounds like you may have some old data on your phone "stuck" there between flashes...this is prob what's causing the ringer issues...I haven't seen it reported by anyone else....so let's get yours fixed.

1) backup all data
2) dl task 29 - its on the cdma rom page
3) dl 6.9 verizon maxsense into a folder
4)unzip maxsense within the folder
5)r click copy "RUU_signed.nbh"
6)past "RUU_signed.nbh" to the root of your SD card....make sure no files or cabs are in the root either....just folders and "RUU_Signed.nbh"
7) rename JUST THE "RUU_signed" to RHODIMG no quotes....so it should read RHODIMG.nbh....if you r click/rename the whole thing, you'll end up with RHODIMG.nbh.nbh---so be careful
**remove the SD card**
9)AS your phone to the computer, unzip task 29 within it's own folder
10)once synced, run the update utility within task 29 folder

your phone will restart when finished but all your phone will do is show "touch pro 2" THIS IS WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO

11)pull the battery
12)put the battery in as well as the SD card with RHODIMG.nbh
13) VOL DOWN + POWER
14)phone will go into bootlaoder and flash maxsense for you
15)when customization is done, clear storage (in start menu/settings/system)

once customization is done again, call your phone and try other ringers
Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Whoops, I already started before seeing your last reply. I ran Task29 from my computer and all went well. I then held down volume down while pressing reset and the boot loader came up and connected with USB. I then ran the 6.9 big ROM and it installed fine. It is booting now then I will do the clear storage, reinstalling the 6.9 ROM, and finally test the ringer out.

That's a bit different than your description but hopefully you agree it's accompishing the same thing. If not then let me know and I'll redo it all following your instructions to the letter of the law.

Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Whoops, I already started before seeing your last reply. I ran Task29 from my computer and all went well. I then held down volume down while pressing reset and the boot loader came up and connected with USB. I then ran the 6.9 big ROM and it installed fine. It is booting now then I will do the clear storage, reinstalling the 6.9 ROM, and finally test the ringer out.

That's a bit different than your description but hopefully you agree it's accompishing the same thing. If not then let me know and I'll redo it all following your instructions to the letter of the law.

Thanks again.
Nope, your way will work just fine
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development