View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 12:17 PM
ffkip911
Bustin' ours Saven' yours

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ MaxSense Dusk Coming ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2000 View Post
I love the look and feel of this ROM and have been using it all weekend on Verizon. Unfortunately, I have had zero success with any other ROMs in the past and this one is not the exception. The main issue that's a deal breakers is:

I get the blip for new email but no sound for MMS/SMS or incoming calls. I saw this mentioned back in the thread around page 80. When I go to the options under phone and select any ringer except for Dog Bark it says corrupt ring tone. True, when I go in to sounds under the settings menu I can select the ring tone and they do work but they still don't work when there's an incoming call. I have had this happen with other ROM's and every time it seems to go bad there's some sort of family crysis and I miss the call. It did work when I first installed the ROM but at some point a day later I noticed that I kept getting new calls and txt's and for some reason didn't hear them.

In addition, about 30% of the time when I press the power button the display doesn't come on. I can press it several times and press the phone hang up and nothing. If I hold the power button down eventually I get the shutdown menu and when I click cancel the home screen comes up. Not a deal breaker, it just seems to happen fairly often.

Lastly, don't know the source of this problem but I had the phone connected to my laptop charging and before I went to bed it showed charged up to 82%. At some point during the night the laptop went in to suspend mode. The next morning I picked up my phone and it was at 32%. I'm sure there are lots of reasons this can happen but I have never seen this before with the stock ROM and I would leave the phone connect the same way ever night.

I'm sure there will be some of you that will say "then go with the stock ROM, what do you want from us". Trust me, I love the custom ROMs but I just can't seem to get one that will ring reliably and charge reliably with good battery life and those are my deal breakers. I'll be following along to see if you have a final release at some point and will definitely try it again but for now I think I'm stuck back with the stock ROM. Please don't think I am bashing because I'm not, I'm just pissed that I can never get a custom ROM to work and that includes with the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2. I must have tried about 100 custom ROM's on the Touch Pro and would always eventually run in to a major problem that require trying a new ROM.

On a side note, the only aftermarket software I installed was PDA Poker Art, Core Player and DIVX player. I can't say for sure if any of these could have been resonsible for any of the problem but I had them installed as well as many others with the Stock ROM with no problems.

Thanks for being specific about you problem. Having a phone that rings is very important---hell, that's what a phone is for.
Prior to flashing this rom (or any others you've had issues with) did you Task29 or flashdance??? And which version date are you using.

There was an issue with the 6.3 that was taken down fairly quickly and reloaded...so there's been a few updates. If you are using something other than the one released 6.9 I would say to
1) task29 or flashdance (I'd say task29)
2)dl the newest (6.9) Verizon maxsense rom
3)flash 6.9
4)clear storage
5)call yourself from another phone before you load anything on the phone.
6)check that you can change the ringers

now load cabs and see if anything breaks the ringer.

let us know if this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.