PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ Fresh 6-9 23563 UP! ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
1- the end button when pressed will take you back home.. (on my device anyways)
2- the autolock in MaxSense only locks when phone is turned upside down.. should be another method to lock when put to sleep.. not sure though.
3- i found that touching the top of the keyboard button make it retract..
LOL....the end does work. doh! I always had a habit of hitting the return key.

hmmm......might have to use S2U2 but didnt want to since my memory free is at 20-24%. Hope the new ROM helps that.

I'll give that a try.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but when I'm on either the text message screen or email screen and I receive a new message, the displayed texts/emails dont update. So, if I have zero text messages and I'm on the Sense text message screen (not the windows messaging screen), it doesnt update to show any new messages received. I have to either go to the windows view or go to the main screen and back to the Sense view.

make sense?

I'm on the 5/30 USCC 23563 version
I hate to quote myself but I'm still having this issue with the 6-5 version. If I click on the SMS Alert or Email Alert from the home screen and go to their respective screens and while I'm on that screen and get a new message, the screen doesnt update to show the new message.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I hate to quote myself but I'm still having this issue with the 6-5 version. If I click on the SMS Alert or Email Alert from the home screen and go to their respective screens and while I'm on that screen and get a new message, the screen doesnt update to show the new message.
Yes, this problem has been noted and Max is working on fixing it.. he has been away for the past few days and not progress has been made yet

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yes, this problem has been noted and Max is working on fixing it.. he has been away for the past few days and not progress has been made yet
oh, cool. thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mackdaddy1 is a n00b
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ Fresh 6-9 23563 UP! ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

Can someone please tell me if the battery life is better on the BigMaxsense ROM or the Sprint stock rom? Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work

Just finished my 'tailoring' of the 6/9 ROM. Big, great job - it appears that all the things 'to be fixed' were fixed (Voice Command, etc.) but I managed to mess myself up a bit. When I used the Registry Restore to get back the info on the QuickLinks and Widgets restored, the QL and Widgets worked great but there is one other reg entry that is restored that is apparently related to the Taskbar. When I hit the taskbar icon (upper right) for a task manager, I get the references back for Arkswitch (which has been removed, by plan). This wasn't the case until I did the Reg Restore. I looked at this reg entry and it references \Windows\HTCActionSense.exe. This apparently indirectly links to Arkswitch ??. Is there some correction that I can make (short of re-flashing)? I thought about just deleting this reg entry and seeing if it would re-build but figured it would be better to ask first. Any thoughts?? TIA.

Last edited by kymikes; 06-09-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymikes View Post
Just finished my 'tailoring' of the 6/9 ROM. Big, great job - it appears that all the things 'to be fixed' were fixed (Voice Command, etc.) but I managed to mess myself up a bit. When I used the Registry Restore to get back the info on the QuickLinks and Widgets restored, the QL and Widgets worked great but there is one other reg entry that is restored that is apparently related to the Taskbar. When I hit the taskbar icon (upper right) for a task manager, I get the references back for Arkswitch (which has been removed, by plan). This wasn't the case until I did the Reg Restore. I looked at this reg entry and it references \Windows\HTCActionSense.exe. This apparently indirectly links to Arkswitch ??. Is there some correction that I can make (short of re-flashing)? I thought about just deleting this reg entry and seeing if it would re-build but figured it would be better to ask first. Any thoughts?? TIA.
You will need to clear this reg entry..
HKCU/Software/HTC/Manila
Max_TaskMgrPath

it is set to arkswitch and should be blank..

thanks for the comments
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You will need to clear this reg entry..
HKCU/Software/HTC/Manila
Max_TaskMgrPath

it is set to arkswitch and should be blank..

thanks for the comments
Many thanks. I should have seen that but when I went back to check, all the others were Local Machine but the reg entry for the task bar is Current User - my bad. Trying to go fast and didn't pay attention. That fixed it - I'm embarrassed! Thanks again. BTW - my free memory after a soft reset is now 55.58 MB, up from about 50 MB.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:57 PM
JBZ
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JBZ is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to JBZ

Im having lots of freezes with this. When it starts I have 4 or 5 errors also my bluetooth isnt working. I just upgraded to 6/9 today the other was fine
Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
Im having lots of freezes with this. When it starts I have 4 or 5 errors also my bluetooth isnt working. I just upgraded to 6/9 today the other was fine

sounds like a bad flash, try task29 or flashdance first (yep, it'll take a bit longer) but your phone will be squeaky clean
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development