PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ Fresh 23563 UP Soon! ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Caught me just before I flashed. See you in the AM. Thanks for the quick catch.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ Fresh 23563 UP Soon! ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgross View Post
For what it's worth I just installed Swype as a cab, since it was pulled off this rom. It installs and shows up as keyboard option, but it will not switch to it when you chose it. In your original rom without swype built in this was not a problem. Also memory is around 25% just installed. Today most of the day it was 15%

JSG
ANYTIME you perm change software keyboard, you need to install SIP CHANGE....that will change the keyboard perm....look on the paperclip........install the program, start menu, sip change (may be under settings) select your software keyboard

hell, here it is...............................patience...wait for Big to release tomorrow...........or you'll be flashing tonight.................and then flashing tomorrow
Attached Files
File Type: cab SIPChange.CAB (225.9 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

really sorry guys (girls too, you are NOT excluded) We try very hard to get a release out to ya'll that is functional out of the box. You are not the testers, we want you to have something ya'll can use. Big tried doing a last minute thing for ya'll that wasn't tested........some were complaining (not in a bad way) that you wanted to be able to sms from the contact widget and it was blacked out..........it was a last minute "fix" for those of ya'll....sorry, it will be fixed tomorrow............and you will like it.............the new release is amazing..........like I've said before, it's not a lot new, but it's the fixes ya'll have been asking for... plus memory and CPU. It will be here shortly............thanks ya'll
Old 06-09-2010, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

i cant wait, just let me flash. i dont need my email right now i can wait haha. and im at work, so ill have to flash via storage card.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

I know that this was a lot of work to get to this point, but after the smoke has settled do you guys really think it was worth the wait? This rom has just as many issues(if not more) than any other rom I've ever flashed. I switched to Dinik's Anastasia rom and couldn't be happier. I commend what your doing, but the way you went about it could've been different. If you would have had open beta testing months ago the original thread wouldn't have be deleted, you wouldn't have had impatient people catching attitudes and I'm pretty sure the rom wouldn't still be this buggy with messaging, occasional freezes and resets. I can't believe people didn't see through the smoke and mirrors that something wasn't right and tried to flame me in the themes and software thread for stating my opinion. I'm glad this finally got released becuase it's a big step in the right direction as with any game changing custom work, but I can't help but feel like it's too little to late for me personally.

When I got the MaxSenseRom, I was super geeked. Before the week was over, I was like "I waited 4 months for this s#it?!". Hope you have more success(and less headaches) with your next project. I'm not knocking the creators, I'm knocking the way this release was handled.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to SLCMotor

Oh, just got home from work.. Good thing I wasn't able to download the latest My beta is running smooth still though with no problems.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

p2k7 is a n00b

Hi need some help with changing the loading icon (not sure what its exactly called but the bar that shows up in the middle of the screen when the phone is busy/loading) anyone lead me in the right direction to finding a collection of others or how to create them on my own.

Last edited by p2k7; 06-09-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
I know that this was a lot of work to get to this point, but after the smoke has settled do you guys really think it was worth the wait? This rom has just as many issues(if not more) than any other rom I've ever flashed. I switched to Dinik's Anastasia rom and couldn't be happier. I commend what your doing, but the way you went about it could've been different. If you would have had open beta testing months ago the original thread wouldn't have be deleted, you wouldn't have had impatient people catching attitudes and I'm pretty sure the rom wouldn't still be this buggy with messaging, occasional freezes and resets. I can't believe people didn't see through the smoke and mirrors that something wasn't right and tried to flame me in the themes and software thread for stating my opinion. I'm glad this finally got released becuase it's a big step in the right direction as with any game changing custom work, but I can't help but feel like it's too little to late for me personally.

When I got the MaxSenseRom, I was super geeked. Before the week was over, I was like "I waited 4 months for this s#it?!". Hope you have more success(and less headaches) with your next project. I'm not knocking the creators, I'm knocking the way this release was handled.
I keep hearing this "too buggy" comment from just a few people and i guess not everyone will get it.. must not be some peoples cup of tea..

if you look back over the pages and pages of comments you will see that most everyone is amazed and loves the ROM... Most of the bugs i have addressed are just concerning the ROM, not MaxSense... I have used MaxSense for months now and i very rarley see a bug with it... Most people are just offering and suggestions for the future. i'm not going to apologize AGAIN for the hype that i created the first round when it was not released. i hesitated to even respond to this comment, but i dont want people to be led astray by comments like this...So really look back and look at all the comments of people amazed by this new UI... if you look at my comments i have addressed almost every issue, so you could really just look at that and see "all the bugs!" lol

if it's not for you, just don't use it... i don't expect this UI is for everyone

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Cooking New 23563 ROM now... will be up very very shortly...

Again sorry for the confusion last night.. will try not to let another release get away from me again!

there was no HUGE problem with the 6-8 ROM, just made a reg entry that was causing a problem with mail...

for now i removed HTC message client so when go to the contact screen and try to send a text from there it will show you a blank screen...
to send a text go to the message tab in manila and compose new one, OR from the action screen you can choose new sms..

Last edited by bignadad; 06-09-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Verizon 6-9 23563 BigMaxSense ROM
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development