PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
That doesn't always seem to work though. That's what happened w/me and my settings icons. Something was overwriting my regedits, but I was unable to find the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
What did I do wrong? I still have the default icons for these folders:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ GPS]
"Icon"="
\\Windows\\Folder GPS.png"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Media]
"Icon"="
\\Windows\\HTC_multimedia.png"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Internet]
"Icon"="
\\Windows\\HTC_internet.png"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Communicate]
"Icon"="
\\Windows\\HTC_calls.png"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Organize]
"Icon"="
\\Windows\\Folder Tools.png"

The pngs are in the "files" folder of the tweaks folder that the regedits are in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Yea a provxml sets the Settings icons. The settings Icons also what have your typical reg entries. They look something like this:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Settings\System\MyCPL.cpl,2]
"Icon"=\\Windows\\HTC_clear_storage.png"
You need to convert the app.reg into a provxml named like mxipupdate_zzCustomStartIcons_100.provxml.

seems like everyone is doing this the hard way... this is what i do and its flawless.. I make an ext folder at the end of my kitchen (actually i put this in my icons folder) and i name all the icons the same name as the stock stuff.

i have attached my Qilin OEM Start icons as an example (go here to give thanks to indagroove and willysp for these)

i dont touch app.reg files, nothing.. just add these and shazaam
Attached Files
File Type: rar Icons - Qilin OEM Start.rar (1.06 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

LOL, that does seem much easier. I'll give that a go.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Yea a provxml sets the Settings icons. The settings Icons also what have your typical reg entries. They look something like this:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Settings\System\MyCPL.cpl,2]
"Icon"=\\Windows\\HTC_clear_storage.png"
You need to convert the app.reg into a provxml named like mxipupdate_zzCustomStartIcons_100.provxml.
I tried that route as well, but I'm noobish when it comes to provxmls and how to call them at boot up. When I tried I got an error at boot, it seemed like it couldn't find my file.

How do you know what to name the provxml? Where do I have to add that line to call it at boot? What folder does the provxml need to be in, if it matters?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
seems like everyone is doing this the hard way... this is what i do and its flawless.. I make an ext folder at the end of my kitchen (actually i put this in my icons folder) and i name all the icons the same name as the stock stuff.

i have attached my Qilin OEM Start icons as an example (go here to give thanks to indagroove and willysp for these)

i dont touch app.reg files, nothing.. just add these and shazaam
I'm trying to change the icons of folderst that I created. The default one's I figured out, here is the ext that I am using to try and make the change, Also in the ext is the regedit to shut off the manila shortcuts in the start menu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip zzTweaks.zip (158.7 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Did you already try to go in manually through a registry editor after the ROM is cooked and set those folder icons? If that works, then export those regedits to your tweaks folder.

That's what I did with my folder icons and I have no issues. Mine look the same as yours except that I have "Item Postition, Group and Rank". I don't see why that would matter as far as chaning the icon, but I'm still noob, so perhaps it does...

Here's what one of mine looks like:

"ItemPosition"=dword:00000008
"Group"=dword:00000001
"Rank"=dword:000003DF
"Icon"="\\Windows\\Folder Internet.png"
Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Themed ROM Chef

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Did you already try to go in manually through a registry editor after the ROM is cooked and set those folder icons? If that works, then export those regedits to your tweaks folder.

That's what I did with my folder icons and I have no issues. Mine look the same as yours except that I have "Item Postition, Group and Rank". I don't see why that would matter as far as chaning the icon, but I'm still noob, so perhaps it does...

Here's what one of mine looks like:

"ItemPosition"=dword:00000008
"Rank"=dword:000003DF
"Icon"="\\Windows\\Folder Internet.png"
What does the item postition and rank do?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Themed ROM Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
I change mine the same way as you do, but I have an additional line in my reg edit for my folders. my edit for my links looks exactly like yours. the edit for my folders looks like:

"Icon"="\\Windows\\Internet.png"
That was the ticket!!!! Thank you so much!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

I what to use Williams_Fold Ind. Tabs. What combo of manila does you use to the Ind. Tabs to work. Do you include the Manila Engine 2.5 and Manila 2.5. Or just the Manila Core with the Ind. Tabs?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Themed ROM Chef

What friggin phone canvas is compatible with what everybody is skinning? The GTX phone skin that CMYLXGO and the Anastasia phone skin that Dinik made are not compatible with the one I have from the kitchen.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPCS

ericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on repericwgarza1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
What friggin phone canvas is compatible with what everybody is skinning? The GTX phone skin that CMYLXGO and the Anastasia phone skin that Dinik made are not compatible with the one I have from the kitchen.
The CMYLXGO GTX phone skin is for Phone Canvas 5_30_0_0 (new sprint dialer). I am unsure of the one Dinik made.

If you feel the need to hook me up:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development