PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I can. after typing out a 2 page email this morning on my phone, there is no way i'm going to a onscreen keyboard without a fight. htc and samsung both have phones coming out later this year with 4g. might look at those.

anyone have a problem with their on screen keyboard in portrait? mine is saying it is full querty, but the number pad is on top of it so you can only see a couple of letters. added spb keyboard which is working fine, but I haven't settled on an aftermarket keyboard yet to buy. haven't played enough with swype to like it, and the others seem to be not much better than stock.
any opinions???

edit: soft reset fixed the oem keyboard issue, but still interested in opinions for onscreen keyboard, portrait is the only time i use it.
Until the current build ROM (waiting to flash a new ROM unitl I get a few more info under my belt) I was using FingerKeyboard2.1. Greeat stuff and if I cook any ROMs (just starting to aquire tools...) I'll definitely be cooking it in there...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501122
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
if your platform rebuilder is giving you trouble, it seems to me always related to a new ext or oem I added or a new sys I am cooking with. if you added anything new, move it out and try again. if it works, then you know it was the file you added.
took me half the night a couple nights ago to realize some tweaks I had added where screwing things up. almost started a new kitchen.
Duh. I should have thought of that myself. I was going through the 21903 SYS to see if something corrupted. Thanks for the tip. At least I know it can only one of about 10 things...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
Until the current build ROM (waiting to flash a new ROM unitl I get a few more info under my belt) I was using FingerKeyboard2.1. Greeat stuff and if I cook any ROMs (just starting to aquire tools...) I'll definitely be cooking it in there...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501122
dude, this rocks, thanks for the links. i think this is the first keyboard i have tried, that closes when it is supposed to in portrait so it is not in the way (usually have to open to landscape and once there, might as well stay there).
any chefs already have this in ext form? also does it go in the tp2 section with the rest of the keyboards?
i used the cab->oem program to make it an ext, added the registration edits to it. probably need to take out all the extra languages and maybe all the extra skins i'm not gonna use anyways.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Duh. I should have thought of that myself. I was going through the 21903 SYS to see if something corrupted. Thanks for the tip. At least I know it can only one of about 10 things...
that's ok. i actually unzipped an untouched kitchen and replaced all the .exe's of the kitchen thinking the kitchen had died. then I started searching, knew it had to be a ext or oem folder that was doing it since it was all builds and started digging.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

emerald is keeping up the good workemerald is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice1658 View Post
I keep going back to 23563 after playing upto 23568 and 23x line. Seems to be the fastest and most reliable. Maybe its because I'm on Verizon, don't know.

I'm going to start learning the little things, like folder/programs icon structure and automatic setup using the XDA tweaks for email templates etc..

I do have a problem with MMS on any build, I always get "message expired" and can't send or receive them. I used to get it working the adding the MDN string to the end of the server settings, but that doesn't even work now.

I've tried every combination of the HTC & Manila clients, either one or both at the same time. I Always cook in the Arcsoft MMS 5.2.12.45 and Tom Text messaging tool. Must be a Verizon issue - not that much in this thread about MMS problems.

Verizon users - ideas on where to start or what makes yours tick?

Thanks
Kevin
Not sure if it's already been answered, but... don't use the HTC messaging client, does not work at all with MMS, I've tried every supposed fix with no success. The Arcsoft version that is included in the kitchen doesn't seem to work well with Verizon MMS either, but I did find another version that works.

I just installed it over the previous one. Incidentally, it's been giving me issues with the terminating randomly. I'm not sure if cooking it in will solve the issue. There's also a newer version I've yet to test, don't think it works out of the box.

Attaching both, the one marked Verizon is the one I'm using and works without further modifications.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Can you post what you used for the bottom task bar Icons are nice.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I read some talk about messaging clients over the course of the last few pages. I didn't see this mentioned, but I use Kimi's Sense 2.5 Messaging mod. If you haven't yet, check it out here.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I read some talk about messaging clients over the course of the last few pages. I didn't see this mentioned, but I use Kimi's Sense 2.5 Messaging mod. If you haven't yet, check it out here.
I have not heard of a way to get MMS working though HTC messaging but i had mentioned these earlier. I think they offer a great alternative, there is even a sense skin for the Windows standard messaging client that works with MMS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622520

by astronout at XDA
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yeah, every mod/regedit...you name it...can't seem to get the MMS sent thru HTC messaging client. At least for Sprint. If I'm not mistaken, there was a mod regedit that got mms working thru HTC messaging client for 2.5. If you search, you'll find a collaboration thread that I started to consolidate all the ideas...and I think Sprint was the only one that wasn't solved.

It involved making adjustments to the jetayaa(?) client. anyhow, I think that thread was buried under a ton of reposts and questions that were asked a million times.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
that's ok. i actually unzipped an untouched kitchen and replaced all the .exe's of the kitchen thinking the kitchen had died. then I started searching, knew it had to be a ext or oem folder that was doing it since it was all builds and started digging.

Crap. That didn't make a difference either. I know it is something with the OEMs or EXTs. It has to be since I am getting the same error of multiple SYS, but I've removed everything that I added. Very strange...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development