PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Can't Wait!!!!
Same. I'm really considering switching. Though this kinda pissed me off:
Quote:
$10 per month "Premium Data add-on" on top of their plan -- ostensibly for the privilege of enjoying WiMAX when they're in a Sprint 4G market -- and the 8-device WiFi hotspot feature runs an extra $29.99 a month, which Sprint is quick to point out is half what you'd pay for a dedicated mobile broadband account.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/12/s...une-4-for-199/

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Hey guys

I'm sure this is very noobish please bear with me!

I have a ROM built to about 95% of what I want, but am having a hell of a time getting a few things to work, Ive tried looking for answers , for a few days with no luck, I was hoping you guys could help me out.

My build is from welropes 21903-Icons.7z and I'm using Manila 2.5.2012.1225

1. no matter what I do, I cant replace the blank black animated weather background from a fresh flash, When I build the ROM everything loads, I can see the background I want, then sence loads and I get that black weather background, I have to go to setting personalize and select the background for the weather after every build,

2. In my haste making a ROM I accidentally selected 23569 MSXIPKernel, but used 21903 sys, the funny thing is at boot up I was able to see the red writing at the bottom of the screen that shows what radio # you have, but when using 21903 MSXIPKernel, that information doesn't show, I was unable to keep the 23569 MSXIPKernel because some of the menu options didn't match, anyone know what could be calling the information, and how to enable it for 21903.

3. at what spot in the kitchen would be the best place to organize folder programs, in other words, I want pim backup to be in the tools folder, and I want to create a Multimedia folder, and have program shortcuts be in there. to clean up the start menu so it doesn't have 30 icons.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
in the kitchen, under OEM/TP2/409/409_lang folder you have a initflashefiles.dat file. open it up and you will see a couple of folders that are "made" there. just add to it using the same syntax as how the games and tools folder is made.
after that you can go into each program in your ext folder, open the app.dat and edit the location of where it goes.
example: change:
Directory("\windows\start menu\programs"):-File("OperaMini5.lnk","\windows\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.lnk")
to:
Directory("\windows\start menu\programs\internet"):-File("OperaMini5.lnk","\windows\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.lnk")
(all one line no space)

then when you get more comfortable, you can make a icons folder to change the icons to what you want. here is an example, it goes in the ext/tp2/6.5.x or 6.5 or 6.1 (depending on your build)
just make sure you name it with a couple zz's at the beginning so it is the last thing to go in to make sure it overwrites any other icons.
welrope has a huge icons package he uses that is available to download through his sig as well. he changes all the icons in the ROM though, i just do folders and a couple of home screen icons.
here's the current look:

Attached Files
File Type: zip zzz_MyIcons.zip (881.4 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:47 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
no need to
does this mean we can add this to our ext/tp2/common folder and take out the office files from the sys folders?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, 2X HTC HD2s
Carrier: Verizon & TmoUS

Blades is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
yup i noticed the slowness of the cpu when trying to do things with it

If you do leave it out completely you should still have the text messaging window from Microsoft
- and it's now skinnable at a thread in XDA

And what of MMS? Do I cook in arcsoft? What do I leave out besides HTC messaging? Are there any other components of it?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Crap. Platformrebuilder is giving me Visual C warnings and crapping out now. Has anyone else seen this?
if your platform rebuilder is giving you trouble, it seems to me always related to a new ext or oem I added or a new sys I am cooking with. if you added anything new, move it out and try again. if it works, then you know it was the file you added.
took me half the night a couple nights ago to realize some tweaks I had added where screwing things up. almost started a new kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
199.99????
I'm beginning to wonder if the tp2 was so damn expensive because it was still allowed on SERO so they were trying to recoup some of the money....

p.s. does this mean you are jumping ship???
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
Can't Wait!!!!
I can. after typing out a 2 page email this morning on my phone, there is no way i'm going to a onscreen keyboard without a fight. htc and samsung both have phones coming out later this year with 4g. might look at those.

anyone have a problem with their on screen keyboard in portrait? mine is saying it is full querty, but the number pad is on top of it so you can only see a couple of letters. added spb keyboard which is working fine, but I haven't settled on an aftermarket keyboard yet to buy. haven't played enough with swype to like it, and the others seem to be not much better than stock.
any opinions???

edit: soft reset fixed the oem keyboard issue, but still interested in opinions for onscreen keyboard, portrait is the only time i use it.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Same. I'm really considering switching. Though this kinda pissed me off:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/12/s...une-4-for-199/

dwizzy130
wow, that goes against what a store manager told me just last week about data add ons. i wonder if you can just use it with a wifi program and bypass the 30.00/month (that one better be optional).
Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
And what of MMS? Do I cook in arcsoft? What do I leave out besides HTC messaging? Are there any other components of it?
yes, Arcsoft is the only essential part now to getting your MMS to work

trying to get mms to 'properly' work i.e send/receive/view
through the HTC messaging is like chasing a unicorn

This way though all you have to do is get the Verizon Arcsoft settings in and you should be golden
Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 PM

i know y'all are into themes, here are some from tacchan23 dusk series, all ext'd up for you:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=214

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development