PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

trogdor1138 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||8-10-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier

The current version doesn't have MortScrpit cooked in; will the next? I only ask because I still find the scripted method of overclocking is the only way to prevent sleep problems on my TP2.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||8-10-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor1138 View Post
The current version doesn't have MortScrpit cooked in; will the next? I only ask because I still find the scripted method of overclocking is the only way to prevent sleep problems on my TP2.
Its not a hard program to install, just grab the .cab from the internet and install it. Now, for us that rather have almost a barebone ROM (which is why we turn to LEAD ROMs), we rather not have it COOKED in. If we chose to use it then we can install it.

I think what LEAD wants to accomplish here is providing us with the MOST stock, best performing ROM you can get out there. Everyother Chef out there puts a crap load of app on the ROMs even when they claim to have a clean ROM. LEAD has the cleanest out there and we want him to keep it that way.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Finally got to test the internet out thru tethering with the rom, and again must say this rom rocks. Speeds are great, and the memory is still holding tough at 75mb free, amazing, and that's with CHT 2.0 installed. Got a question though does this rom have tether safe installed all ready or do I need to search for a cab for safe tethering. Thanks again Lead for a great rom.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a question for y'all: Who would like the RSS feeds on the home screen in Sense, or do most prefer the original stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor1138 View Post
I don't plan to put MortScript support cooked in, because, as Hugo said, my aim is to try and keep the look as HTC stock as possible with the most functionality. I try hard to steer clear of any apps that don't normally come stock on the HTC release ROMs. (An exception would be a screen-shot software and Pocket RAR.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Finally got to test the internet out thru tethering with the rom, and again must say this rom rocks. Speeds are great, and the memory is still holding tough at 75mb free, amazing, and that's with CHT 2.0 installed. Got a question though does this rom have tether safe installed all ready or do I need to search for a cab for safe tethering. Thanks again Lead for a great rom.

Thanks! Yeah, the ROM is tether-safe.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:58 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
I have a question for y'all: Who would like the RSS feeds on the home screen in Sense, or do most prefer the original stuff?

I don't plan to put MortScript support cooked in, because, as Hugo said, my aim is to try and keep the look as HTC stock as possible with the most functionality. I try hard to steer clear of any apps that don't normally come stock on the HTC release ROMs. (An exception would be a screen-shot software and Pocket RAR.)

Thanks! Yeah, the ROM is tether-safe.

yeah i don't use the rss reader so i would vote no .. but then again i can't answer for everyone eles who might .. i like the fact that your rom dosen't have all the added bs cause most of it i dun use anyways . i preferr u do what u have always done make it easier to access what needs to to be accessed .. and thanks for all the hard and much appreciated work on all your roms
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

I don't use the rss feed either. I'm waiting on a palm pre, but still keeping my tp2 with your roms on it. I love the speed and available ram. Keep up the great work.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

No RSS for me. Might bog down the ROM a bit? With more background services running with automatic updates I would think I would make Sense use more RAM which as it is already hogs the RAM. My vote is no, just like no FB, Docs, Footprint, etc Tabs.

LEAD, I craving the ROM like crazy!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Lead, you make some of the best roms. I just hope that whatever you put in the next one it will include the audio fix from the beta rom you sent me a while back. If you want the beta rom back i still have it saved if you need it.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

trphg is just getting started

i have been extremely loyal to my previous chef, but he jumped ship when the evo came out. I am now looking for a new chef. This seems to be the perfect rom for me. Before I flash, is there any reason for me to hold off on this (bugs that needs to be kinked out)? How is the battery life? I recall lead saying that he will put out a new release, will it be anytime soon? what will you change? I am on Sprint and use my phone for business so i need something as stable as possible (by WinMo standards)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trphg View Post
i have been extremely loyal to my previous chef, but he jumped ship when the evo came out. I am now looking for a new chef. This seems to be the perfect rom for me. Before I flash, is there any reason for me to hold off on this (bugs that needs to be kinked out)? How is the battery life? I recall lead saying that he will put out a new release, will it be anytime soon? what will you change? I am on Sprint and use my phone for business so i need something as stable as possible (by WinMo standards)
No worries over using this ROM for business use as I do. Very stable and the battery life is excellent even overclocked. Never had a SOD or any other problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development