PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
So the context here is that I was commenting on the rom that he produces, which includes Bing, Google Maps and Windows Live.

Frankly, I agree with you. Leave them all out and provide links to the current cabs for download. However, since they are included, at least include the most current versions.

Best regards,
-boggsie
The Lite versions do not have them included, I forgot about the full 6.5 version. Since I have only used his 6.5.x, it never had those installed. I do agree with current versions if they are built in.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
I'd suggest ensuring that remnants of prior ROM loads were completely wiped clean by using the Task29 tool and then reflash.

Still enjoying this build, but a few requests:
  1. 21901 a thought
  2. Update Windows Live
  3. Update Microsoft Bing
  4. Investigate using Java with the Google Mail client for Java
    • I cannot establish connection. The application keeps responding that a network connection is required.
Best regards,
-boggsie

sorry i did fail to mention that i always run task 29
Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

btw, just asking- does this have hidden internet tethering?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Nice rom here!

Any thought on moving to 21901? I believe it was a complete (*.dio) release.

-boggsie
Hmm, I'll try this one out. I have been testing the 21911 build for the past couple of days, and it seems quite fast, but I found many stability issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
started having freezes and sense wouldnt load after dl'ing CHT, that and the whole facebook albums/upload plus the minor things i reported page or so back...w/ no reply from lead, i had 2 go back 2 sprint lovers 6.5.x.

i will still follow this rom and hope 4 improvment, gud luck n thanks
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your mentions. I did take them into account, but just didn't reply, since I was busy working on the latest release-to-come. After I release 6.5 with no bugs, i'll work on 6.5.x once more.

Quote:
I'd suggest ensuring that remnants of prior ROM loads were completely wiped clean by using the Task29 tool and then reflash.

Still enjoying this build, but a few requests:
  1. 21901 a thought
  2. Update Windows Live
  3. Update Microsoft Bing
  4. Investigate using Java with the Google Mail client for Java
    • I cannot establish connection. The application keeps responding that a network connection is required.
Best regards,
-boggsie
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already updated Bing and Windows Live from your suggestions a few posts back (And I just replied to your previous post about the 21901 build. :P).
4. Hmm, It's the official Java client, so I thought it would be the most stable, but that's quite odd. I'll check that out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
I agree with your CHT findings. It does seem to cause some issues with the rom. Be interesting to see a rom with CHT cooked in Lead.
:/ I'd rather not cook CHT in. It's really not meant for our devices, and causes lag no matter what. I DO welcome you guys testing the ROM with it nad giving me feed-back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
btw, just asking- does this have hidden internet tethering?
Yup, it does.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
Hmm, I'll try this one out. I have been testing the 21911 build for the past couple of days, and it seems quite fast, but I found many stability issues.
21911 is snappy, but behavior is flaky. I don't necessarily have specific bugs that I can personally pinpoint, but things like inconsistent behavior from bluetooth or wifi ... inconsistent instability when I cook 21911 vs. 21901, for example.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already updated Bing and Windows Live from your suggestions a few posts back
Thanks, appreciate that. I think it is nice to have a clean version (sans Bing, Google Maps and Live!) but if the rom is there with the current versions already built in, I'm probably going to load that version.

Quote:
4. Hmm, It's the official Java client, so I thought it would be the most stable, but that's quite odd. I'll check that out
It was strange. I basically install that Google Mail client for Java so that I can go back and search mail history for whatever comes up. I also use the built-in activesync connection for google mail, but I don't have to keep a bunch of mail available via this method, if I can go back, search for it and retrieve it manually via the Google Mail (Java) application.

Quote:
:/ I'd rather not cook CHT in. It's really not meant for our devices, and causes lag no matter what.
It is nice and I use it, but I agree that (IMHO) the rom becomes less flexible and desirable as a "base" if it CHT come pre-cooked.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks, appreciate that. I think it is nice to have a clean version (sans Bing, Google Maps and Live!) but if the rom is there with the current versions already built in, I'm probably going to load that version.
I would take out windows live in the LITE version since it's available on the Marketplace, but it's required by Hotmail email syncing. I don't want to hinder that capability for users.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

I was wondering bout hidden tethering cause I noticed it connected to Sprint, whereas Mighty had his connect to something else

Thanks lead!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

I had a strange crash. Swype gave some weird error with window to close. I reset the phone the it wouldn't boot past the HTC screen, sometimes it would go to the orange windows screen, but just hung there.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kcrusty is a n00b

6.5.X Beta 2

I've noticed that all my received call got put as a missed call status. it didn't matter if I answered it or not. Does anyone have noticed it?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rattler459 is a n00b

sorry it was my mess up forgot to reflash the patched radio after I went back to stock

Last edited by rattler459; 07-20-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: I am a idiot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development