PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

emd2009 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-1-10| [Sprint] [*Multi-Carrier*]

Should sprint users wait for the sprint specific version or go ahead and use the current version? what is the exact difference?!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-1-10| [Sprint] [*Multi-Carrier*]

You can use Multi Carrier, you just have to choose Sprint in the "Provisioning" window that shows up during final customization, or at least thats how it was with the previous Update.

I am on sprint and used the multi carrier to try out the lastest update and all you have to do is pick Sprint on the provisioning page that pops up at the end of the customization, please correct me if Im wrong guys.

Last edited by Hugo381; 07-01-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
I can't wait for the Sprint 6.5.5 beta!
I'll plan on having it up by tonight! But don't hold me to it. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
whats new with Sense 2.5.2016? besides "cfc'd for speed"
It's much smoother all around. The actual engine is improved, so tabs load faster and there's slightly better memory management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
You can use Multi Carrier, you just have to choose Sprint in the "Provisioning" window that shows up during final customization, or at least thats how it was with the previous Update.

I am on sprint and used the multi carrier to try out the lastest update and all you have to do is pick Sprint on the provisioning page that pops up at the end of the customization, please correct me if Im wrong guys.
Yup, you're right. The Multi-carrier version has everything the Sprint version would, just that it needs the carrier cab installation on first boot. You don't need to get anything extra besides the ROM to make it work. Some people prefer not having the other carrier cabs taking up space for no reason, so for that I'll release the Sprint specific version later.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 07-01-2010 at 04:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-1-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Sprint 6.5 versions up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-1-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
Sprint 6.5 versions up.
hey lead i was trying out ur rom, i tried all 3 of them and i have a cab to install the sprint nav and the sprint tv tabs...and for some reason on your rom doesnt work, now i tried the sprint specific rom thinking it would part of it but it wasnt
Old 07-02-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el1nc0mparabl3 View Post
hey lead i was trying out ur rom, i tried all 3 of them and i have a cab to install the sprint nav and the sprint tv tabs...and for some reason on your rom doesnt work, now i tried the sprint specific rom thinking it would part of it but it wasnt
Did you use my cabs, or someone elses? The ones I posted on the first page of this thread work fine for me.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 07-02-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

6.5.x beta minor update posted.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Just installed your ROM for Sprint. So far, looks pretty good.
Thanks.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

6.5.x Installed!!!! So far loving it!!! I see some other chiefs (energy Rom) with their roms with wifi/BT/wifirouter toggle switches. Is that something you think you can include?
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
6.5.x Installed!!!! So far loving it!!! I see some other chiefs (energy Rom) with their roms with wifi/BT/wifirouter toggle switches. Is that something you think you can include?
are you talking about the wifi/bluetooth toggles on the home page? if so, that is a program that you can install called "Cookie Home Tab" and "Cookie Home Tab Editor". However, it does slow down HTC Sense.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development