PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Sorry, I thought it was your post but it was not. #264 in this thread.

I always just flashed rom to rom and if something acted up, I went back to stock and then to custom. I thought I would give the task29 a try, so I downloaded it from the aforementioned post, popped the sd card out, ran the updater on the PC with the phone connected and flashed the phone with the task29. Then I popped the SD card back in and flashed lead's rom from the SD.

I did not add anything in when I task29'd it. Just ran it. Now I am wondering if I was suppose to throw something in there. Seems like it worked fine "as is".
Old 07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Sorry, I thought it was your post but it was not. #264 in this thread.

I always just flashed rom to rom and if something acted up, I went back to stock and then to custom. I thought I would give the task29 a try, so I downloaded it from the aforementioned post, popped the sd card out, ran the updater on the PC with the phone connected and flashed the phone with the task29. Then I popped the SD card back in and flashed lead's rom from the SD.

I did not add anything in when I task29'd it. Just ran it. Now I am wondering if I was suppose to throw something in there. Seems like it worked fine "as is".
did you have 2 pull battery an put in bootloader after task an b4 custom rom?

it was prolly already packed w/ something, the 1 you downloaded. but i would prolly go over 2 the task29 thread in cdma upgrades an download 1 from there as long as it says what its packed w/ so you know and arent 'flying blind'.

i personally like the old black bootsplash, the new white htc is 2 bright 4 a bootup
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Just to share the info, I did some searching and read some threads and looks like task29 is usb only, so no SD card. Also sounds like flashing to stock is still better, just more time consuming.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Lead.. are you still here? or did you switch to an EVO?!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The new 6.5 release is in beta testing phase right now. When the testers give me the ok, it'll be ready for release! If anyone else is willing to test the beta, just PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
Lead.. are you still here? or did you switch to an EVO?!
Lol, still here. Just been busy the past few days...

Last edited by leadpoizon; 07-14-2010 at 02:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
The new 6.5 release is in beta testing phase right now. When the testers give me the ok, it'll be ready for release! If anyone else is willing to test the beta, just PM me.

Lol, still here. Just been busy the past few days...
does the beta version released on 7/2 work out of the box for sprint users?
meaning mms and such

regards

ps: awesome rom
Old 07-15-2010, 12:28 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Nice rom here!

I especially appreciate the lite version (sans Bing and Google Maps) which are known to (sometimes) frequently update. Only thing right off the top of my head is the version of Live! is consistent with this SYS/XIP base, but a bit old as compared to what is available in Marketplace (or Microsoft Download site).

Especially interesting; after CHT/CHT Editor and other tweaks loaded, I booted and after Sense loaded, I still had ~92 mb of ram available.

Any thought on moving to 21901? I believe it was a complete (*.dio) release.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-16-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

emd2009 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Any thought on moving to 21901? I believe it was a complete (*.dio) release.
+1 on that! I keep hearing how stable and excellent battery life this build has!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

His 6.5.x is pretty stable and has great battery life.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I could not agree more with that. The 6.5.X is very nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development