PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
I could not agree more with that. The 6.5.X is very nice.
+1 to that, if a few small bugs fixed, it's by far one of the most stable and usable 6.5.x roms out there
Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
+1 to that, if a few small bugs fixed, it's by far one of the most stable and usable 6.5.x roms out there
started having freezes and sense wouldnt load after dl'ing CHT, that and the whole facebook albums/upload plus the minor things i reported page or so back...w/ no reply from lead, i had 2 go back 2 sprint lovers 6.5.x.

i will still follow this rom and hope 4 improvment, gud luck n thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Bing recently got bumped. It is much, much faster to initialize now (for me). Sounds like time to rebuild?

Maybe I'll give the 6.5.x version a try.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

the rom i downloaded has reset itself 2 times already. meaning it's done a fresh install of itself twice on it's own since i downloaded the rom 4 days ago

this is the one i downloaded: 7.1.10 (Sprint version)
Old 07-17-2010, 10:49 AM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster View Post
the rom i downloaded has reset itself 2 times already. meaning it's done a fresh install of itself twice on it's own since i downloaded the rom 4 days ago

this is the one i downloaded: 7.1.10 (Sprint version)
I'd suggest ensuring that remnants of prior ROM loads were completely wiped clean by using the Task29 tool and then reflash.

Still enjoying this build, but a few requests:
  1. 21901 a thought
  2. Update Windows Live
  3. Update Microsoft Bing
  4. Investigate using Java with the Google Mail client for Java
    • I cannot establish connection. The application keeps responding that a network connection is required.
Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

You can install those things yourself, why cook those into the rom and slow it down.

I personally don't use Live or like Bing, maps render too slow. And with Gmail I use the active sync to push all emails.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
started having freezes and sense wouldnt load after dl'ing CHT, that and the whole facebook albums/upload plus the minor things i reported page or so back...w/ no reply from lead, i had 2 go back 2 sprint lovers 6.5.x.

i will still follow this rom and hope 4 improvment, gud luck n thanks
I agree with your CHT findings. It does seem to cause some issues with the rom. Be interesting to see a rom with CHT cooked in Lead.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
I agree with your CHT findings. It does seem to cause some issues with the rom. Be interesting to see a rom with CHT cooked in Lead.

I used CHT for awhile until I realized that it slowed manilla so much that I simply gave it up
Old 07-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I think CHT impacts performance a bit, but I could not do without it now. Just too handy. I have a group of settings that help speed it up IMO. I also think it performs better when cooked in, although that is subjective since every rom has its set of tweaks and such that could impact things.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:57 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
You can install those things yourself, why cook those into the rom and slow it down.

I personally don't use Live or like Bing, maps render too slow. And with Gmail I use the active sync to push all emails.
So the context here is that I was commenting on the rom that he produces, which includes Bing, Google Maps and Windows Live.

Frankly, I agree with you. Leave them all out and provide links to the current cabs for download. However, since they are included, at least include the most current versions.

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development