PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
used the new radio full day now and my signal(not inside) is way better or im getting lucky.
Outside? Are you crazy?!!! There's....
/me looks out window...
people...out...there!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
sidenote on mikes app, radios can be flashed from app. also and splashscreens. same deal, rename RHODIMG.nbh. us radios also if your sim unlocked. im trying new sprint radio now to see how she runs.
I would like to know your recommendations on the new sprint radio. Also, if it is a better radio would it be included in the next Mr X update? Are there other parts of the new Rom that would be included?
I don't like to install all my programs so I would rather do it once if there is a new update coming. I saw where the developer on the Sprint Lovers Rom is planning on new updates using some of the features of the new Sprint Rom.
Mr X rom is to good to change to the Sprint Rom with all the problems they seem to be having.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
I would like to know your recommendations on the new sprint radio. Also, if it is a better radio would it be included in the next Mr X update? Are there other parts of the new Rom that would be included?
I don't like to install all my programs so I would rather do it once if there is a new update coming. I saw where the developer on the Sprint Lovers Rom is planning on new updates using some of the features of the new Sprint Rom.
Mr X rom is to good to change to the Sprint Rom with all the problems they seem to be having.
haven't noticed much difference in radio in terms of battery life or reception... radios seem to work different for people in different areas. no radio os inluded with the rom... but once you update the radio it will stick after flashing any custom rom. as far as i know, no radio is included with any custom rom...
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
Quick question fellas,
When I install apps they are not showing up in the start menu, a couple actually did but not majority. I was beginning to think that what I was installing wasn't compatible with this rom until I used resco and found them in the program menu. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

ALi
Are the apps being placed into specific folders by any chance?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Cool Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
when you flash a rom a radio isnt included. i like the radio but could be my area, ive used 5 diff. so far and the new sprint one seems best.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
when you flash a rom a radio isnt included. i like the radio but could be my area, ive used 5 diff. so far and the new sprint one seems best.
I flashed the new radio only yesterday, and where I am it's working great, the only thing I've noticed is when doing some batt use testing using battery monitor, it seems to be using a few more mA, the lowest I've seen it was 67 and I actually saw it down to 23 before on the prior stock Sprint radio, but it's still much better for me than any other radio. Do you know if battery use will improve after a day or two's use and a few charge cycles for a new radio like a different ROM would be?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

@ fishy, i would think a radio also needs time to settle in, just a guess but im using a loaded with crap rom and i swear im getting best batterylife in a long while.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
@ fishy, i would think a radio also needs time to settle in, just a guess but im using a loaded with crap rom and i swear im getting best batterylife in a long while.
Believe me, I'm not complaining about the batt life, it's not like the radio is increasing use by 250mA or anything, with how much I'm using the phone lately a few mA here and there for the better coverage is worth it. I honestly couldn't tell the difference in batt life, was just curious to see what it was using, since VZW's upgraded radio seemed to suck a lot more juice.

Edit: just saw it at 51 so maybe it's settling in. Either way I'm sticking with it, def better for me and my area than the stock one.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:23 PM
acs tester

your never happy. lol im getting like 13days on one charge. lol
i love when people post insane numbers on batterylife when you know there bsing. this threads like a ghostown now, i think a 6.5x is in order. just sayin...
Old 03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
your never happy. lol im getting like 13days on one charge. lol
i love when people post insane numbers on batterylife when you know there bsing. this threads like a ghostown now, i think a 6.5x is in order. just sayin...
LMAO, I'm never happy, you sound like my wife!! I usually get a day out of charge if I use my phone like normal, calls, texts, e-mails, games on the pot, etc, etc, and I'm not complaining, just the VZW radios seemed to eat a lot more batt than even the USCC's. and yeah, +1 on the 6.5.x....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development