PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 08/07/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2017)

eta on new rom vin????
Old 08-19-2010, 08:34 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
eta on new rom vin????
Eta is patience young VinROM flashhoppah. Great things come to those who wait.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Don't ever buy a boot-leg screen protector... The one I had got some mess up, I went to pull it off ( some much glue ) and the whole face came off. F**K!! So I put it back together, cleaned it up AND NO TOUCH- FLO. Just hard keys word, just thought I'd share that with y'all. Get a new one Friday
Crap, bro!! Sorry about that. Yeah, I've had to remove cheap protectors before (mogul) & had to use 30/70 alcohol-water to peel it off & clean the screen.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
***With all the talk of how much faster the non-CHT roms are, I went ahead and flashed the 8-5 non CHT rom. As far as I can tell it's not any faster than the 8-7 CHT ROM. Perhaps it has to do with how I set up CHT. I set it to basic animations and turn of home page full page weather. Both of those settings make a big difference.
Yeah, CHT isn't sluggish on my end. It's the settings that make the difference. HD Wallpaper, weather ani, etc. slow things down. As an experiment, assign an HD Wall Paper to home, tabs, and start menus. Check it out. Then assign basic one (just black image), and check it out. That alone makes a difference on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
^^ Totally different experience, using 08-05 no-CHT and it's blazing in comparison to CHT. Entire phone experience is vastly improved.
Yeah, no CHT was definitely snappier fresh off flash for me. But when I added wallpapers & config'd, it slowed down considerably.

THANK GOD FOR THE OC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Every now and then I'll go through a battery really fast, it's usually due to low signal strength in the area I'm in.
No doubt about that. I've run through a fully charged battery in less than 3 hours at my friend's house ... my phone toggles between tower, ROAM, and no Signal every minute or so. Now I leave my phone on his front window sill (2 bars), and battery only drops 20% after 6-8 hours.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I have 1 rom just for a play (with oboe home tab).
Im not happy with it and going to downgrade home tab in a day or 2,but if somebody bored,I can upload this one tonight lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (8.9 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (18.2 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Im not happy with it and going to downgrade home tab in a day or 2,but if somebody bored,I can upload this one tonight lol
Don't know much about the oboe home tab.... I'd take it out for a ride, but you ain't happy, VinROMians ain't happy. I'll patiently wait for your next masterpiece.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Voltaire said "The perfect is the enemy of the good"

What are the issues?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

ok so I tried energy rom again yesterday just to see what its like with the gtx theme. Well I LOVE the look of it, but the battery life is more than horrific, like insanely bad. Now this is my question:

would it be possible to put his gtx theme on vin's rom? like could I copy the manila files and replace them or no? prob wouldnt work because of different manila versions but I figured I'd ask since I love vin's rom and dont care much for the stock gtx theme thats posted in the beginning of this thread.

thanks
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

So sprint called today with there survey, I told them I was very unhappy with the phone I have ( being this is the 4th time they gave me a new one in a month & 1/2) and after three or more ESN changes they offer you another phone, because you've had so many problems. So seeing what they was offering me for a change. First was a Black-Berry Tour ( Bacause its the same price) I told him that I wasn't a PDA fan, and that was a dinosars. So I said what about the EVO or EPIC, I think he laugh at me... hehe, but he said there are No EVO's in stock and Epic hasn't come out yet. So he said, What about the Hero or Samsung moment. I said NAW... I paid 600 bucks for my phone why would you think I'd take a 200 dollar phone to replace my Pro2 So then I said I want the EVO That's the next best thing to the Pro2 (right?) So he said okay, But he couldn't aprove the deal had to connect me with his Supervisor. So he put me on Hold for 2 days (felt like).......... So then my phone rang... That SON-OF-A- BI*** hung up. So I called back to talk to a Supervisor... No EVO, But he did give me a 140 bucks credit to my account. So It's COOL, I'm not really ready to give up my PRO2 yet.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
So sprint called today with there survey, I told them I was very unhappy with the phone I have ( being this is the 4th time they gave me a new one in a month & 1/2) and after three or more ESN changes they offer you another phone, because you've had so many problems. So seeing what they was offering me for a change. First was a Black-Berry Tour ( Bacause its the same price) I told him that I wasn't a PDA fan, and that was a dinosars. So I said what about the EVO or EPIC, I think he laugh at me... hehe, but he said there are No EVO's in stock and Epic hasn't come out yet. So he said, What about the Hero or Samsung moment. I said NAW... I paid 600 bucks for my phone why would you think I'd take a 200 dollar phone to replace my Pro2 So then I said I want the EVO That's the next best thing to the Pro2 (right?) So he said okay, But he couldn't aprove the deal had to connect me with his Supervisor. So he put me on Hold for 2 days (felt like).......... So then my phone rang... That SON-OF-A- BI*** hung up. So I called back to talk to a Supervisor... No EVO, But he did give me a 140 bucks credit to my account. So It's COOL, I'm not really ready to give up my PRO2 yet.
wow you were pretty close to getting an EVO! But just so you know this isnt really the place for this as it has nothing to do with Vin's ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development