View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Recursion
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 08/07/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
***With all the talk of how much faster the non-CHT roms are, I went ahead and flashed the 8-5 non CHT rom. As far as I can tell it's not any faster than the 8-7 CHT ROM. Perhaps it has to do with how I set up CHT. I set it to basic animations and turn of home page full page weather. Both of those settings make a big difference.
Yeah, CHT isn't sluggish on my end. It's the settings that make the difference. HD Wallpaper, weather ani, etc. slow things down. As an experiment, assign an HD Wall Paper to home, tabs, and start menus. Check it out. Then assign basic one (just black image), and check it out. That alone makes a difference on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
^^ Totally different experience, using 08-05 no-CHT and it's blazing in comparison to CHT. Entire phone experience is vastly improved.
Yeah, no CHT was definitely snappier fresh off flash for me. But when I added wallpapers & config'd, it slowed down considerably.

THANK GOD FOR THE OC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Every now and then I'll go through a battery really fast, it's usually due to low signal strength in the area I'm in.
No doubt about that. I've run through a fully charged battery in less than 3 hours at my friend's house ... my phone toggles between tower, ROAM, and no Signal every minute or so. Now I leave my phone on his front window sill (2 bars), and battery only drops 20% after 6-8 hours.