PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hughedee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 01/27/10 SPRINT NEODIUM_V2 (SYS 21889 Sense UI 2.5)

Think I spoke too soon about how well Neodium V2 works. Just tested MMS sending and receiving pictures, videos, etc. and nothing worked. Installed the MMS Sprint cab patch and followed the instructions to a tee and still doesn't work.

It's weird because almost everything worked in Neodium V1. SMS and MMS was absolutely perfect. Now this is a deal breaker for me. I like the smoothness on the just released ROM but it seems like I need to adjust too many things as oposed to the V1 when most everything seemed to work out of the box.

Is there a sure fire fix for this MMS thing? Basically without anyflaws or compromises like in V1. Or should I just keep my mouth shut and scurry back over to Neodium's first release?

Last edited by hughedee; 01-29-2010 at 03:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
V1 works a lot better than 2

also i noticed it said that this is a fast rom so the battery life must be sacrificed but my battery drains big time when i am on a call, if its normal use like text and running apps its fine but if i make a call i can lose about 25-40% on a 30min call...

is this a 2.5 issue?

btw i love this rom this is the first 2.5 rom that lasted a week on my phone and i think i am going to stick with it even with the crappy battery life i have a charger in my car, office and i picked up an extra battery from sprint yesterday.
Battery life for me has been excellent. I've been going a full day with moderate use and at the end of the day I'm still at 60 or 70%.

When you update the rom the radio firmware doesn't change, so it's not likely that anything about the rom would cause more battery drain with calls. More likely a random issue based on the signal strength in the area you are in. More distance from the tower causes the radio to raise it's output power, that drains the battery faster. Give it some time and see if things normalize.

Edit: Just thought....do you have the proximity sensor turned off? That could kill battery life by not shutting off the screen when the phone is in use.

Last edited by kirstein; 01-29-2010 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughedee View Post
Think I spoke too soon about how well Neodium V2 works. Just tested MMS sending and receiving pictures, videos, etc. and nothing worked. Installed the MMS Sprint cab patch and followed the instructions to a tee and still doesn't work.

It's weird because almost everything worked in Neodium V1. SMS and MMS was absolutely perfect. Now this is a deal breaker for me. I like the smoothness on the just released ROM but it seems like I need to adjust too many things as oposed to the V1 when most everything seemed to work out of the box.

Is there a sure fire fix for this MMS thing? Basically without anyflaws or compromises like in V1. Or should I just keep my mouth shut and scurry back over to Neodium's first release?
I'm using V2 and I just was able to send myself a picture via MMS. I started from the manila screen, tapped new, created a text, then tapped imenu>insert, and inserted a picture. I sent it to mysef. In about 2 minutes I received it.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

for sms/mms this cab works with no edits or server changes.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

mms works out the box for me on v2.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Is there a way to fix the facebook "open online album" under contacts? The photos won't open. Has anyone looked into this yet? It worked with Mighty Rom and Juicy. Otherwise this is the best Rom out there. Although I haven't had a chance to test the MMS features in Neodium V2. V1 worked perfectly for me. Anyhow is there a solution for the facebook quirk?
i have the same issue ... i think it still has to do with the 2.1 messaging client being used ... not sure.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2

sacr3d is just getting started

Love this ROM so far. Extremely fast and stable so far.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
for sms/mms this cab works with no edits or server changes.
Darren- got 'unsuccessful installation due to insufficient program rights'... any idea? I'm installing as my MMS will not auto download (I did check settings) and even when I manually request the download, it fails. Thought I'd try this cab (as I've had to run it on other ROMs) thanks
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Edit: should have searched first, found in couple other forums, soft reset and immediately attempt to install and that worked. Will test the cab and see if it solves my MMS issue with V2
Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
Edit: should have searched first, found in couple other forums, soft reset and immediately attempt to install and that worked. Will test the cab and see if it solves my MMS issue with V2
just gonna tell you that, i also put cab on mainmem, not sure if it matters but it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development