View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
kirstein
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 01/27/10 SPRINT NEODIUM_V2 (SYS 21889 Sense UI 2.5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
V1 works a lot better than 2

also i noticed it said that this is a fast rom so the battery life must be sacrificed but my battery drains big time when i am on a call, if its normal use like text and running apps its fine but if i make a call i can lose about 25-40% on a 30min call...

is this a 2.5 issue?

btw i love this rom this is the first 2.5 rom that lasted a week on my phone and i think i am going to stick with it even with the crappy battery life i have a charger in my car, office and i picked up an extra battery from sprint yesterday.
Battery life for me has been excellent. I've been going a full day with moderate use and at the end of the day I'm still at 60 or 70%.

When you update the rom the radio firmware doesn't change, so it's not likely that anything about the rom would cause more battery drain with calls. More likely a random issue based on the signal strength in the area you are in. More distance from the tower causes the radio to raise it's output power, that drains the battery faster. Give it some time and see if things normalize.

Edit: Just thought....do you have the proximity sensor turned off? That could kill battery life by not shutting off the screen when the phone is in use.

Last edited by kirstein; 01-29-2010 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.