PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 03.03.11 Titanium ROM updates (21916,28244)

I've been running 2.10 Neodium with Sense for a couple of weeks now (after all but giving up on Sense and not using it since November). Kudos to Vin !

I do have a few random issues, not sure if they are ROM specific but I don't recall having them on Sprint native ROM. This is not a critique of Vin's work - there's far more things that are right with it; just some issues that I hope may have an easy fix...

- Vin, please include MS DST fix patch in every ROM ! This is a must-have for anybody who syncs their calendar to Google Cal or Outlook. Unless you like your appointments on a wrong date, that is...

- I am almost 100% sure Sprint ROM had voicemail notification in calendar widget. This was very useful. Doesn't seem to be included in the version of Sense in this ROM.

- I am having problem with alarm notifications not being deleted when I change time. E.g. if I have the daily alarm set at 6:15 and then change it to 6:25 the phone rings at both times every day. I have to manually delete notifications. Using stock alarm application.

- Every now and then, the taskbar has issues. E.g. the "OK" button shows thorough HTC TaskManager dropdown triangle, or the taskbar freezes alltogether. I am curious if it has anything to do with TaskMan. Besides, more often than not, it fails to close the program with "X" button in the taskbar. I don't know how large of a memory footprint it has, perhaps it would make sense to use QuickMenu instead ?

- The ROM isn't being released too well - this is probably Sense issue. I start with over 100MB, drop down to 85 rather quickly which is to be expected, but if I run some memory intensive apps it drops to 70-75 and stays there until reset. Running SK Tools' FreeUpMem doesn't do much. Still, a far cry from 30-35 MB with stock Sense.

- If I reset the device with audio jack attached, there's no sound after reboot. The only way to get it back is to remove the jack and reset again.

- The volume control doesn't go away after setting the volume, I have to tap the end key to make it disappear.

- Finally, the default folder icons are sort of hard to recognize, especially in the car. They are all the same, large folders with tiny pics at the bottom. Would really help if they could be made all different and easily recognizable. I attached an example of what I used but I'm sure there are better icons somewhere else.

pc_capture3.jpg

Otherwise this ROM is great !
Old 03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thank you,Amamba,its a great review.I'm on vacation,when I get back to mother land,I'll see what I can do.
I never seen voicemail in sense 2.5.
HTC solved the task manager problem by removing it from ROM,it also affecting the flip clock especially in no-flip cab installed.
Can you attach calendar patch?
Folder icons,not sure if I can make them better.you can use grid changer,it should be in the ROM and apply different grid,like listview or the I wrote-large 3 raws (don't remember exact name)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks ! How do I remove Task Manager ?

The latest DST patch I downloaded from MS site is attached.

windowsmobile-kb977014[1].cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
- I am almost 100% sure Sprint ROM had voicemail notification in calendar widget. This was very useful. Doesn't seem to be included in the version of Sense in this ROM.

- If I reset the device with audio jack attached, there's no sound after reboot. The only way to get it back is to remove the jack and reset again.

- The volume control doesn't go away after setting the volume, I have to tap the end key to make it disappear.
For 1) Sprint Manila 2.1 did have voicemail notification. It is gone in Sense 2.5 (ie the newest Sprint ROM.

2) That's a bug with HTC and OEMDrivers. Nothing cooking a ROM will do.

3) You can also press anywhere on the HTC Volume Control Screen, besides the bars, and exit volume control (ie push on the sides where it's black).
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q 9c

*wishlist* is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by *wishlist* View Post
I also have a problem making calls, but it seems that the problem only involves calling to a couple of my contacts. If i manually dial the number without area code, the call will go through. I have had plutonium installed for about 2 days. Coming from months of using Mightyrom, I was looking forward to something fresh. I have no idea what phonex is. Anyways, hopefully someone can figure this out. It also seems like my signal strength jumps all over the place. I really like this rom. If I can't figure out how to fix this, maybe I might just try the neodium rom. Is there a list of the problems with plutonium?

EDIT: I just figured out I can't make the calls to any of my contacts that are linked to a facebook account. Might it have something to do with me using the fb tab?
Can anyone help with my problem?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by *wishlist* View Post
Can anyone help with my problem?
Try deleting and re-adding one of the contacts that is giving you trouble. The HTC facebook just adds some text to the "notes" section of the contact. It should have no effect on being able to call a contact with the HTC Dialer.

I don't know what dialer is in the ROM you are using. If it is not the HTC phone canvas and you are using Sense, you won't be able to make calls from the People tab without using a mod made by amarullz at xda. PhonEx is a nice phonecanvas that can be added on separately (need to pay after the trial). It won't interface with Sense either unless you use amarullz "No HTC Phone Canvas" hack. If you give some more info (like how you are 'dialing' them that is not working and what phonecanvas is in the ROM), I can probably be more specific on how to get it working.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2S

myturbogsx95 is a n00b

may be a stupid question, but when i d/l plutonium there is no other files like in other roms I d/l. no RUU etc, how do I flash without?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myturbogsx95 View Post
may be a stupid question, but when i d/l plutonium there is no other files like in other roms I d/l. no RUU etc, how do I flash without?
You can just replace the .nbh file from another ROM and flash, or use this utility to flash, or flash from your SD card... all kinds of options
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by myturbogsx95 View Post
also, check the paperclip---I UL an advanced rom update utility (i didn't make it)

7zip it to a folder, then take the rom you want to flash and put it in the same folder...double click the phone icon within the folder, wait and it will flash
Old 03-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q 9c

*wishlist* is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Try deleting and re-adding one of the contacts that is giving you trouble. The HTC facebook just adds some text to the "notes" section of the contact. It should have no effect on being able to call a contact with the HTC Dialer.

I don't know what dialer is in the ROM you are using. If it is not the HTC phone canvas and you are using Sense, you won't be able to make calls from the People tab without using a mod made by amarullz at xda. PhonEx is a nice phonecanvas that can be added on separately (need to pay after the trial). It won't interface with Sense either unless you use amarullz "No HTC Phone Canvas" hack. If you give some more info (like how you are 'dialing' them that is not working and what phonecanvas is in the ROM), I can probably be more specific on how to get it working.
Thanks for trying to help me understand this stuff. As far as I know, I am not using any special dialer, just what came with the rom. This is what I am doing to make a call... I press the phone button. Hit the "All" button on the bottom left. Select the specific contact that I want to call (the contact photo is that person's facebook photo, which automatically synced when I activated/started using the facebook tab). Then I select to call the mobile phone. The screen then goes into what I call the "Dialing..." screen, but after a couple seconds makes either a busy tone or an audible buzzing noise, briefly shows the dialer pad, and then goes to the contact's details again.

Again, this only happens with my contacts that have a facebook account. However, if I use the dial pad and manually dial the number (doesn't matter if i dial with the area code or not), it will make the call. It will also show the "Dialing" screen that I mentioned. The call goes through like normal.

I also tried what you said and deleted and readded a contact. However, when trying to link the contact to a facebook profile, the contact is not there anymore so I don't know what happened there.

I did try to put in a Devotion dialer (linked in vin's 2nd post) when the rom was fresh but it didn't seem to do anything so I removed the program under settings. This didn't seem to affect anything as far as I know. I still was able to call normally. Again, I only noticed the problem after I started using the facebook tab.

Sorry if I typed too much but I tried to put as much info as I can... And thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development