PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 03.03.11 Titanium ROM updates (21916,28244)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
vin just found a new problem (dunno if its just me!!!)
can anyone else check and tell as well?
Canot save new contacts from dialler.
it pops up the save new contact screen but when i click save it just stays there
using the new titanium 21916 build...
any help?
cheers
krazy
I'm guessing that's because Vin is probably using New Contact Card v1.1.20211614.0 from the latest Oboe ROM. It doesn't work on older devices. He'll have to revert to the an older version from a Leo ROM (like 1.1.20181421.0) to make his ROM work correctly (or patch the .exe or whatever file is causing the problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
OK, I need some help with Sense-based Neodium (2.10).

I received a voicemail yesterday. However I didn't find out until today. There was no VM indicator anywhere until I reset my phone 10 min ago. Then I got the notification at the top of the taskbar.

Where is the Voicemail indicator ? I thought if you got vm there was an indicatior on the calendar widget ?

It's been a while since I've used Sense, and even then it was CHT. So may be this was a CHT issue. Anywhay, what are my choices (short of installing CHT) to make sure I know I have VM when using Sense ?
That depends on what version of Manila Home Vin is using. If it's from a Leo device, you do not get a voicemail notification on the homescreen other then the taskbar (which will always have the notification, regardless of sense). If it's Manila Home from an Oboe ROM (has RSS feed), missed calls will be listed to the right of the date. I don't think it actually tells you if there's a voicemail, so you need to look in taskbar/notification manager. If you want a voicemail counter on your homescreen, you'll have to install CHT or Sense 2.1 as far as I know.

Last edited by mwalt2; 03-07-2011 at 01:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well, it seems like notifications issue - the first time Throttle Lock did show me the new voicemail but there was nothing in the taskbar.

I won't install CHT, as much as I love the features it's a memory hog and fairly unstable. Will use Throttle Lock for now.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone else experienced not being able to add any favorites in Opera? I just re-downloaded and re-flashed and am still having this issue.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
Has anyone else experienced not being able to add any favorites in Opera? I just re-downloaded and re-flashed and am still having this issue.
yep, same thing...
Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Really am loving using Titanium, can finally have iGO running with CorePlayer at same time lol. However, getting a brutal battery drain on this latest rom (28244). Has happened with certain previous Vin versions too, but wasn't an issue with the Dec 29 Pluto I used until just now. I think I'll go back to it and just turn Sense off/ Titanium on.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Really am loving using Titanium, can finally have iGO running with CorePlayer at same time lol. However, getting a brutal battery drain on this latest rom (28244). Has happened with certain previous Vin versions too, but wasn't an issue with the Dec 29 Pluto I used until just now. I think I'll go back to it and just turn Sense off/ Titanium on.
omg igo + cp at same time and you wonder where battery life went? lol
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haha! Indeed that would seem like it, but that was only for one trip couple days back and I noticed the drain afterward. Running no apps except pocket informant for majority of last couple days and no changes to settings as with previous ROMs, and it is draining still. It's identical to random Vin ROMs before that I've experienced it on (while others like 12.29 were boss with batt life).
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Guys - is the 03.03 version without any HTC Sense ?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Guys - is the 03.03 version without any HTC Sense ?
yep,titanium only
Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Haha! Indeed that would seem like it, but that was only for one trip couple days back and I noticed the drain afterward. Running no apps except pocket informant for majority of last couple days and no changes to settings as with previous ROMs, and it is draining still. It's identical to random Vin ROMs before that I've experienced it on (while others like 12.29 were boss with batt life).
Get one of the sysinfo utils that let you check power use (I am using a free version of AbcTaskman). You may be able to pinpoint the program that's causing battery drain. I don't see any major differences battery wise between Vin's 2.10 ROM running Sense and Sprint stock ROM running Titanium.

If I leave the phone alone, the power use drops down to about 56 mA just before screen turns off. This was the case with Sprint stock ROM and it's the same with Vin 2.10 ROM. I was surprised to find out, though, that with LockDevice installed, it never went below 150 mA. So even some small programs can cause extra battery drain. See if that's the case for you.

Last edited by Amamba; 03-07-2011 at 11:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development