PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
quick update.

R3 is coming along extremely well. I have been updating some packages, playing with a newer build of manila, and really just tweaking this rom so it will be the hands down best rom four the tp2 i dont have a eta yet, but i can tell you soon. it will be worth the wait

-deck
Thanks Deck! FYI...I am a heavy professional user and I would be glad to beta anything for you. I am a Sprint user and my phone is business and pleasure and it always takes a beating as far as use. PM me if you need another tester in the future. Cant wait for r3
Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ChristopherJLee is a n00b
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I dont think that the footprints tab wil work on our TP2s.i think that the TP2 has a different chipset that wont allow the footprints tab to work on a TP2 running a rom with Sense 2.5. so i dont think that the footprints tab will work on any TP2 with a 2.5 rom.at least thats what i read.I could be wrong tho.
Well the only problem I had with the footprints tab is that trying to start the camera just gave an error. However, taking a picture and then setting it as a footprint does work and makes this feature very worthwhile. I don't think the data is being synced anywhere though so for us frequent rom changers, it's not going to work.

I noticed a few other bugs this weekend and I'm hoping R3 takes care of them. One thing is, if I am in Opera, and S2U2 turns on, going back to Opera doesn't remember my last page. Very annoying if I'm looking at webpages.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

lansing100 is just getting started

you probrbly already know, but if not, you can set opera in the exceptions list and s2u2 will not activate if the program is on the screen. then you can use a regedit if you don't want it to lock with opera running in the background.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

Can't take it anymore... I NEED R3! Can't wait man, would love an ETA if possible?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
Can't take it anymore... I NEED R3! Can't wait man, would love an ETA if possible?

I agree. We can all do the final beta testing.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

id b willing to wait especially if he cooks up a 6.5.x build.a 235xx or a 280xx build.hopefully Deck wil make an SsS R4 rom using one of those builds & of course sense 2.5.that has the potential to be the best rom out.at least in my opinion.mayb if we ask him real nice.itll come true.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro

tommydorns is just getting started

Love S3 Roms. Been flashing since Touch Pro, my all time favorite roms were the Sprint Stuffed roms. I understand the reason there is no 6.5.X roms yet... It's because this is suppose to be similar to a stock setup and HTC only has the regular branch currently. It's the way it's suppose to be.. Can't wait for R3 though. Take your time!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:26 PM
lbcary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJLee View Post
Well the only problem I had with the footprints tab is that trying to start the camera just gave an error. However, taking a picture and then setting it as a footprint does work and makes this feature very worthwhile. I don't think the data is being synced anywhere though so for us frequent rom changers, it's not going to work.

I noticed a few other bugs this weekend and I'm hoping R3 takes care of them. One thing is, if I am in Opera, and S2U2 turns on, going back to Opera doesn't remember my last page. Very annoying if I'm looking at webpages.
i should have stated that its only the footprints tab that doesnt work.u r correct if u just snap a pic and then make it a footprint it does work.its just the homescreen footprints tab. thamks for clearing that up.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 PM
lbcary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydorns View Post
Love S3 Roms. Been flashing since Touch Pro, my all time favorite roms were the Sprint Stuffed roms. I understand the reason there is no 6.5.X roms yet... It's because this is suppose to be similar to a stock setup and HTC only has the regular branch currently. It's the way it's suppose to be.. Can't wait for R3 though. Take your time!
decks TP2 SsS R1 & R2 roms dont look like many stock TP2 roms ive seen.they do have alot of the same stock sprint apps and programs tho.but as far as Decks TP2s start screen icons,they seem pretty unique. i love how Decks icons are all square and match each other,and most tend to have custom looking,unique image/graphics to identify the icon.most custom roms look like they use icons straight from other stock roms.ive also used several 235XX and 280XX builds and if they are cooked by a good chef i havent noticed many,if any,bugs once the builder finishes their own testing.and alot of the beta builds run great.plus the 6.5.X builds will be out of beta soon.Alot of the good chefs out there like; MM,NRG,and many others already do have stable 6.5.X roms up and running now.i like the more finger friendly setup they provide.but decks stability,speed,compatability and custom icons on his SsS R1 & R2 roms keep me flashing back to his rom usually within about 2 or 3 days of trying another roms.& ive flashed alot of roms trying to find one i like better than the R2 rom. so i cant wait for the R3 rom release.but i really do prefer the finger friendly 6.5.X builds.so for me the perfect rom would be a 6.5.X SsS R4 rom using a 235XX or 28XXX build.but im willing to wait for such a perfect rom.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro

tommydorns is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
decks TP2 SsS R1 & R2 roms dont look like many stock TP2 roms ive seen.they do have alot of the same stock sprint apps and programs tho.but as far as Decks TP2s start screen icons,they seem pretty unique. i love how Decks icons are all square and match each other,and most tend to have custom looking,unique image/graphics to identify the icon.most custom roms look like they use icons straight from other stock roms.ive also used several 235XX and 280XX builds and if they are cooked by a good chef i havent noticed many,if any,bugs once the builder finishes their own testing.and alot of the beta builds run great.plus the 6.5.X builds will be out of beta soon.Alot of the good chefs out there like; MM,NRG,and many others already do have stable 6.5.X roms up and running now.i like the more finger friendly setup they provide.but decks stability,speed,compatability and custom icons on his SsS R1 & R2 roms keep me flashing back to his rom usually within about 2 or 3 days of trying another roms.& ive flashed alot of roms trying to find one i like better than the R2 rom. so i cant wait for the R3 rom release.but i really do prefer the finger friendly 6.5.X builds.so for me the perfect rom would be a 6.5.X SsS R4 rom using a 235XX or 28XXX build.but im willing to wait for such a perfect rom.
I see what you're saying however HTC Leo roms have regular 6.5 that is why Deck chose to go with it. That's what I meant by stock setup. He has stated this several times.. Don't get me wrong though I would prefer 6.5.X although I like HTC task manger and we can't use that on those builds. It's a quick way to manage your programs. Some of the other task managers i've seen as replacements don't work that great or are just really buggy and that is an important thing. I would just wish HTC would make an offical 6.5.x rom and make a task manager so we could steal it for our custom roms.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development