PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Hey thanks so much for that RUU. I seem to be having a problem others have mentioned tho, when it says voice command cannot be installed and then it just hangs at the date and time screen. Is this normal, and do I need to just let it sit there for a long time before it does something? I'm really eager to try this rom, it sounds like it works great on sprint.

EDIT: Third time was a charm, didnt stick in date and time at all. Suppose I'll do a clear storage tho for safe keeping, and hope it continues to work afterwards. Thanks again!

Last edited by TP1085; 01-24-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:59 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
I know this has been answered briefly before, but could anyone give me some specific instructions on how to flash this? I'm new to flashing, and so far have only tried mightyrom but would like to try a 2.5 rom. I cant seem to flash from my sd, gonna try reformatting it again to see if that helps. but how can i do it with ruu? Step by step instructions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
This is just the way i prefer to flash from an sdcard.1st its very important to make sure your sdcard is formatted to Fat32. 2nd download/save the rom u want. 3rd open the rom with Winzip,or similiar program,and extract the .nbh file to your micro sdcard. then ,if necessary,change the name of the .nbh file to RHODIMG . the .nbh will add itself automatically after the file name change. 4th install the micro sd card into the powered off phone.then hold down the volume down button and the power button until the tri-color bootloader screen opens.if the sdcard is formatted right and the rom is flashed and named correctly after the bootloader screen it will automatically go to a screen that says to update press power button or to cancel update press volume button.once the flash is done it will say update finished/update complete.wait about 10 seconds and then push the soft reset button and it will reboot finishing the install.then do a hard reset after the flash completes.thats it. but 1 warning, i think its best to use new sandisc 2GB micro sdcards bcuz they come formatted to fat 32 by default.i have two 1GB micro sdcards that i used on previous phones that i reformatted to Fat32 and neither of them works to flash a rom on my TP2 or my TP.????thats why id start with a new sandisc micro sdcard.and as long as i never change the default Fat32 format i never have any problems with them,no matter how many times i flash different roms from them.i keep 5 roms on 1 sandisc 2GB micro sdcard and just label the nbh files with the roms name.then when i want to flash one i just change the name from whichever rom/nbh file to RHODIMG.that way i can carry a few test roms and 1 stable rom around.that way i can flash most roms anywhwere,with no computer.Oh yah theres also instructions how to flash from an sdcard stickied tothe TP2 upgrades forum.sorry for the long post.hope this helps someone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

thedoc is keeping up the good workthedoc is keeping up the good work

hey any 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 down the road since these builds will no longer be in beta?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
yes i do visit here i am on twitter, but hardly ever update it. once r3 is released, i "may" work on a different com build. nothing in stone.

-deck
Cool, thanx for the reply, LOVE the rom man great work. I just really like the threaded outlook and more finger friendly 23518 versions...but of all I tried yours is the most stable and fastest...hands down.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

ttsupra95 is just getting started

Hey Deck, glad to see you are making ROMS for the TP2. I still currently have your last ROM on my TP. I have your R2 version on my TP2 and having an issue with bluetooth linked to a Parrot MKi9200 car kit. Everything links up fine but when I go to make a call thru the bluetooth system it makes the call and with in a second it hangs it up. I uninstalled any extras I hard reset and reinstalled your rom, and get the same issues. Besides that it runs better than the the stock Verizon 6.5 update. Big Props. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ChristopherJLee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
It may speed it up.
The first couple times I flashed, I thought this ROM was terrible.
It was very slow, sluggish, and unstable.
I would have it take 20-30 seconds to change screens.
It would lock up 10-15 times a day.
Then someone suggested flashing to stock and then back to this ROM and it worked great for me.
Hmm, I guess I'll give it a shot. I really don't want to give up sense 2.5 I just wish footprints and some of the other features would work correctly. Is sense 2.5 included with the updated roms for verizon, att, etc? Sprint is slow to update...
Old 01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJLee View Post
Hmm, I guess I'll give it a shot. I really don't want to give up sense 2.5 I just wish footprints and some of the other features would work correctly. Is sense 2.5 included with the updated roms for verizon, att, etc? Sprint is slow to update...
I know that the Verizon update did not include Sense 2.5.
Not sure on the others.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

The HTC Leo (TouchHD2) is the only device currently officially running manilla 2.5 All other recent carrier updates have sense 2.1
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
lbcary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJLee View Post
I dont think that the footprints tab wil work on our TP2s.i think that the TP2 has a different chipset that wont allow the footprints tab to work on a TP2 running a rom with Sense 2.5. so i dont think that the footprints tab will work on any TP2 with a 2.5 rom.at least thats what i read.I could be wrong tho.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
lbcary

Thumbs up Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
hey any 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 down the road since these builds will no longer be in beta?
i second that. i would love to see a rom by Deck that uses Sense 2.5 and a 6.5.X build.How about a rom using a 23XXX or 28XXX build with Sense 2.5 and the traditional custom start menu icons from the SsS R series roms. but i guess ill just hav to make due with the SsS R3 release.just kiddin. cant wait for the R3 release.and thanks for making your roms public.without them id probably regret getting my TP2.Keep up the xcellent work. L.B.Cary
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development