PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Tomorrow, we can celebrate SSS R2's first month birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
quick update.

R3 is coming along extremely well. I have been updating some packages, playing with a newer build of manila, and really just tweaking this rom so it will be the hands down best rom four the tp2 i dont have a eta yet, but i can tell you soon. it will be worth the wait

-deck
Old 01-28-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
Tomorrow, we can celebrate SSS R2's first month birthday!
Would rather celebrate the birth of R3
Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydorns View Post
I see what you're saying however HTC Leo roms have regular 6.5 that is why Deck chose to go with it. That's what I meant by stock setup. He has stated this several times.. Don't get me wrong though I would prefer 6.5.X although I like HTC task manger and we can't use that on those builds. It's a quick way to manage your programs. Some of the other task managers i've seen as replacements don't work that great or are just really buggy and that is an important thing. I would just wish HTC would make an offical 6.5.x rom and make a task manager so we could steal it for our custom roms.
the 6.5.X roms should be out of beta testing soon and hopefully HTC will have made a task manager for the final product.but until then u can use Quick Menu to close any open programs from the home screen,but im really not a big fan of QuickMenu. i just simply use another version of task manager.which ur right some of them are buggy, but some of them do work rather well. u just have to try a few out to see which one u like best, and which one works best.i think that HTC should make some programs like Clean Ram or BSB Ram Sweep. i think that those programs are amongst the top must-have apps for the htc windows phone.Both programs reclaim alot of ram and save alot of soft resets and resolve alot of issues that would normally require a soft reset.and yes they do work correctly with any build of htc windows manilla 6.5,6.5.x,Sense 2.1, Sense 2.5, if u get the problem of cleanram or ram aweep hangin up after running all u need to do is go into the cleanram configurator and go to the exceptions page and put manilla.exe in the exceptions list.and the same process is required for ram sweep cofigurator.as long as manilla.exe is in both ram sweep and cleanram's exceptions lists then both of the apps work great and neither of them hang up anymore.but neither program can fully reclaim all of the memory leaked.but they do come pretty close and are definetly worth using.sorry.i really think that HTC should make a program like cleanram or ram sweep.or at the very least i think one of those programs should come with virtually every rom until the memory leak issue is resolved or a better solution is discovered.i configure clean ram level 3 to run every 3 hours and now im i even using ram sweep as well and have it configured to run every 3 hours too.so my ram is swept every 90 minutes by one program or another,im only doing this to try and determine which program functions better.CleanRam is definetly easier to install, use, and upgrade.plus u dont need mortscript to run cleanram.ram sweep works well but cleanram is easier to install and update.but im not trying to determine which ones more user friendly but which one works better and as of now its too soon to tell.they both do the job fairly well.sorry for the long post and for strayin off topic a little.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Just tried out this ROM and it looks very good so far (and i've tried almost every ROM on here). Great job so far, and keep up the good work!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2/ EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ohenebajoy is just getting started

I am getting R3 sickness. Does anyone know when the famous R3 is coming? we can be testing too Bro Deck.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

does anyone know a best IM app for R2?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
IMO... Palringo

as for the Task Manager for 6.5.x, I've had a lot of success using the X2 task manager, as long as it's installed as a standalone app and not included as part of the ROM. When it's included as part of the ROM, and the ROM includes enhance HTS Notifications, when you press the clock to access the task manager, HTC's notification screen takes over instead and you never see the task manager. But if you install the X2 task manager after the ROM is up and running, it tends to work OK... at least on the ROM I'm running now(from Calkulin's Kitchen).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Does anyone know if i can install the task theme on R2 and where can I get the cab for it.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Beejive is faster and smoother than Paliringo, but palringo has Facebook chat, which is huge for me. If you don't use facebook chat, my suggestion would be Beejive because of speed, and iphone-like sexy looks.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I am getting R3 sickness. Does anyone know when the famous R3 is coming? we can be testing too Bro Deck.
Yeah, I'm with this guy. The more beta testers the better. There should be a way for those of us who want to go beta to use it, no money back guarantee required
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development