PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/22* *S3-ROM r9/9.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_musiq07 View Post
Hey! just flashed this romg and im liking it so far...question...is there a reason there's no send (soft) button IN HTC messaging or is that just the way the ROM is built...can i get the button back by any chance?
there should be a send button in the bottom left corner, if not then you might have installed something that broke it, if that is the case try hitting in the area where it should be as it might still work but you just can't see the button/word send.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
there should be a send button in the bottom left corner, if not then you might have installed something that broke it, if that is the case try hitting in the area where it should be as it might still work but you just can't see the button/word send.
Thanx but i was talking about how the send button is actually in the text box like in other 2.5 builds. i do have the send button at the bottom but after i hit send i need a back button...guess i'll just keep hitting the back (hard button)
Old 03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

Graffix is a n00b

First rom, and so far extremely happy just a few questions though. Hats off to those involved in the making!

My location displayed on my today page shows a different city than I'm in, in the weather menu I was able to add my location without the option to remove the original location. Now with both locations in my weather I can switch back and forth between the two, but can't get my location to display in the today page.

Is there a way I can remove/add icons to my "Start" programs? I came up with a few people talking about putting them into a file when I searched on this but no exact explanations.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanx but i was talking about how the send button is actually in the text box like in other 2.5 builds. i do have the send button at the bottom but after i hit send i need a back button...guess i'll just keep hitting the back (hard button)
i take it you hit the thanks button, didn't have to since i didn't help you, but it is appreciated. hmmm well i don't know i have only used a couple of TP2 roms when i first got my TP2 and never noticed a send button inside the actual text box, but since i found decks thread i stuck with his TP2 roms because i used his TP1 roms and knew that they were always stable and had the most up to date software. sorry i can't be of more help, i'm sure someone else will see your question and possibly be able to help.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffix View Post
First rom, and so far extremely happy just a few questions though. Hats off to those involved in the making!

My location displayed on my today page shows a different city than I'm in, in the weather menu I was able to add my location without the option to remove the original location. Now with both locations in my weather I can switch back and forth between the two, but can't get my location to display in the today page.

Is there a way I can remove/add icons to my "Start" programs? I came up with a few people talking about putting them into a file when I searched on this but no exact explanations.
Try tapping the home clock, then adding ur city there. u should be able to select your city and switch it there to display on the Today screen

File Explorer: Windows/Start Menu copy n paste files there or delete if needed
Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:

well when i install the rom i always do the quickgps and then run google maps to make sure it's picking up my location and i have yet to have it work.

you can clean up your start menu by going into file explorer, windows, start menu, programs and you can add or delete stuff out of there to fix it the way you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Lurker

Graffix is a n00b

Thank you my good man!

I also had a question on the GPS. I was using VZ Navigator for a while never liked it. Got this phone and switched over to Garmin Mobile XT and liked all the features. But after updating to this rom my Garmin software started acting up so I removed it reinstalled it, I then removed it via the phone and deleted all Garmin files through my pc navigating my phone. Still couldn't get it to work. So I now am ready to cut my losses and wipe my SD card. But when I open Format Storage Card I get an error of: The storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted. I can still view the storage card and all the remaining information on it. Any thoughts? I haven't tried a hard reset since updating to this rom, should I give that a shot.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Thank you my good man!

I also had a question on the GPS. I was using VZ Navigator for a while never liked it. Got this phone and switched over to Garmin Mobile XT and liked all the features. But after updating to this rom my Garmin software started acting up so I removed it reinstalled it, I then removed it via the phone and deleted all Garmin files through my pc navigating my phone. Still couldn't get it to work. So I now am ready to cut my losses and wipe my SD card. But when I open Format Storage Card I get an error of: The storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted. I can still view the storage card and all the remaining information on it. Any thoughts? I haven't tried a hard reset since updating to this rom, should I give that a shot.
wish i could help concerning the GPS software but i don't use it i have a tomtom in my truck. well what i would try is to get all the files i wanted off the micro SD card and then try to reformat it, if it wouldn't let me i would take the card out and try to format it thru the computer in a card reader, i had an issue with the TP2 not wanting to read my 16gb card that i took out of my TP1 so i just put in a new 4gb card i had and it worked fine, i never messed with the 16gb as i didn't really need that much storage, but if i do I'll just take it out of the phone and use an adapter and stick it in my PC card reader and try to reformat it that way, I'm sure someone else might chime in and have other idea's as they might have a workaround for this issue that I'm not familiar with, hope it works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Lurker

Graffix is a n00b

Yeah I'm gonna give tossing it into a pc a shot and go that route, thanks again for the quick responses.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
i actually thought, correct me if im wrong, that the sense 2.5 never had the send button in the ttext box but that was actually in sense 2.1? i do remember seeing it in 2.1 but w/ every 2.5 rom i tried the send got moved to the left soft key. which really isnt a prob imo cuz our phones came w/ a back key that works great (2 taps and your back home).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development