PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/22* *S3-ROM r9/9.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffix View Post
Yeah I'm gonna give tossing it into a pc a shot and go that route, thanks again for the quick responses.
i actually, the other day, on accident hit the format sd card (i have 4gb) and thanks god that it errored out cuz i would of lost all my skit.

but the best bet is def. do it threw the pc...(if you ever plan on flashing from your sd card, make sure you format it FAT32)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

just found out that opera mini 5 beta is out, thought i would throw that out there for anyone that wants to try it, can download from your phone at this website http://m.opera.com/next?no_redir&ismobile=false or go to the homepage which is http://www.opera.com/mini/next/ and download it to your computer and then transfer it over to your phone.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
just found out that opera mini 5 beta is out, thought i would throw that out there for anyone that wants to try it, can download from your phone at this website http://m.opera.com/next?no_redir&ismobile=false or go to the homepage which is http://www.opera.com/mini/next/ and download it to your computer and then transfer it over to your phone.
yea i just dl that 2, no mo' java...straight cab
Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thank you my good man!

I also had a question on the GPS. I was using VZ Navigator for a while never liked it. Got this phone and switched over to Garmin Mobile XT and liked all the features. But after updating to this rom my Garmin software started acting up so I removed it reinstalled it, I then removed it via the phone and deleted all Garmin files through my pc navigating my phone. Still couldn't get it to work. So I now am ready to cut my losses and wipe my SD card. But when I open Format Storage Card I get an error of: The storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted. I can still view the storage card and all the remaining information on it. Any thoughts? I haven't tried a hard reset since updating to this rom, should I give that a shot.
i did a search for tp2 navigation and came up with the below thread, sorry i can't be of more assistance but i'm in iraq and the internet connection sucks so i can't really search around and be of more specific.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88692
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Graffix is a n00b

What all is stored on the SD card? Would I be at risk formatting it? And there still remains a Garmin folder on my phone itself? I hadn't put in any numbers or anything of any importance besides the rom. But do want this garmin wiped completely off, if I've got to reload the rom I will if there's a way to safely wipe the phone.

Last edited by Graffix; 03-04-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
What all is stored on the SD card? Would I be at risk formatting it? And there still remains a Garmin folder on my phone itself?
i personally store a copy of all my cab files on the card, i.e. taskbars, clocks, i have a folder for extra files like wallpapers, another folder for music, ringtones, personal pictures, you can even flash a rom from the storage card if you want in case your away from your computer and get bored you will have something to mess with, and i also have a folder for pim back-ups, just anything you want to store on it really.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Graffix is a n00b

Also, I've gotten my city to display on Today screen. I just went into my clock and chose it as opposed to "My Location".
Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

killher is just getting started

Quote:
Also, I've gotten my city to display on Today screen. I just went into my clock and chose it as opposed to "My Location".
I'm not sure if it's different for Verizon vs Sprint, but as I said earlier in this thread, the very first thing I do after flashing this ROM is go to the weather tab and hit update now. That uses GPS to find my location and update it. Doing that makes the main weather location and the time on the home screen us my current location as their source. It has always worked for me. After that I can start installing cabs, setting up email, etc. I also add another location for weather as well and it doesn't affect my setup.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
It is awesome!!! Stable, fast and loads in about 2 seconds!!! Give it a try!! It is much faster than opera 10 beta 3.........
Old 03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
I got the documents .cab from this thread at xda. I think on page 5. I installed it onto R9.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=621365
Can you post the correct cab file? Cuz there's a lot of stuff in that thread. I don't know which files are working or not... Seems like a lot of testing is still being done. Did the cab you installed work properly, or did you still have to go in and edit the registry files?
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development