PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *3/9* *S3-ROM r10* *WM6.5(21895.5.0.90)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

so does the new sprint rom have an updated radio? does it have sense 2.5? can we get the settings and stuff we need to get the mms working right in the custom roms? i would think there would be things in it that we can use to help fix small things with the custom roms.

***if you read the news page you can get all the details on what's in the released WM 6.5 rom, has new radio, has sense 2.5, has nfl, tv, weather clock, and read that even though the task manager is not showing it's either there or still on the rom they didn't get into details with that, oh and also htc messaging is gone, anyways you can read the details on the news page if your interested.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 03-19-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
no 2g dialer.
no googlemaps support in contact card.
no htc messaging client.
no cleartype in landscape wtf?
ugly 6.1 looking taskbar.

there is an updated radio and pri/prl tho.

-deck
Thank you for the information!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Hey, deck, in this video this guy says he has footprints working on a Sprint Touch Pro2. He said he's running WinMo 6.5.3. I don't know what version of Sense UI he's running...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ll9v...layer_embedded

How come I am unable to get Footprints to function properly on my device? When I load the cab, it breaks the weather tabs ability to update...
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Hey, deck, in this video this guy says he has footprints working on a Sprint Touch Pro2. He said he's running WinMo 6.5.3. I don't know what version of Sense UI he's running...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ll9v...layer_embedded

How come I am unable to get Footprints to function properly on my device? When I load the cab, it breaks the weather tabs ability to update...
for 1, he is NOT running 6.5.x. you can tell as the start menu is on the top. for 2, he does NOT have footprints working either.

-deck
Old 03-19-2010, 07:34 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
for 1, he is NOT running 6.5.x. you can tell as the start menu is on the top. for 2, he does NOT have footprints working either.

-deck
Oh come on 6.5.x it is to him.........the "x" is a zero.....6.5.0.....lol
Old 03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

footprints not being able to work is a cdma thing, i believe. so whether its cooked in or installed as an app, it wont work properly. at least as it was intended too.

apparently the person in the u tube vid works for sprint=dont know wat they talkin bout (haha)

Edit: thats why deck doesnt cook it in (i assume)

Last edited by kjhadfield; 03-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Oh come on 6.5.x it is to him.........the "x" is a zero.....6.5.0.....lol
he prolly seen it on the forums sumwhere, thinking 6.5.x is any rom w/ 6.5 in the begining. either doesnt kno how 2 read/tell the difference or is a sprint rep...
Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Well, I don't know if it's a cdma thing, because I ran footprints on my Sprint Touch Pro. And when I got my Sprint TP2 I was able to run it, up until I unlocked the phone and flashed a custom rom. All I know is now it doesn't work, so when I saw this guy post on wmpoweruser.com that he was running 6.5.3 and had footprints working I was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. But now I see that isn't the case...
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 PM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Well, I don't know if it's a cdma thing, because I ran footprints on my Sprint Touch Pro. And when I got my Sprint TP2 I was able to run it, up until I unlocked the phone and flashed a custom rom. All I know is now it doesn't work, so when I saw this guy post on wmpoweruser.com that he was running 6.5.3 and had footprints working I was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. But now I see that isn't the case...
well agian he wasnt running wm 6.5.3 if the start is on top tb

almost positive that the sprint stock rom for tp2 did not have the footprints tab, that statement cant be right.

the only way the tp2 seen the footprint tab is threw a custom rom (im 99% sure on this)

but there is always chance 4 error
Old 03-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Spring

djliquid is just getting started

i plan on staying with Deck's ROM but you may know that they released the official Sprint update today - as I read on Engadget. I am pretty sure it's just 6.5

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/19/s...le-6-5-update/

The slow ass download is available here:
http://community.htc.com/na/htc-foru.../33/t/822.aspx

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development