PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *3/9* *S3-ROM r10* *WM6.5(21895.5.0.90)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedooncoon View Post
I have a question...How do I change the home screen back to the reg black screen?...I noticed that once u change it to something else...U cant change it back....or at least I dont know how to do it
in the Registry, delete the value under this key:
HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla\HomeBackgroundPath

dont delete the actual key, just open the key and you will see something like
Path\To\Your\Image.jpg <- delete this

Last edited by Longview; 03-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 600...Mogul...Touch Pro...Touch Pro 2...Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Acedooncoon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Acedooncoon Send a message via Yahoo to Acedooncoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
HKCU\Software\Software\HTC\Manilla\HomeBackgroundP ath

Ok thanks...I will try that.....but why isnt this option there from the being with?..
UPDATE: I jus wanna say thanks....it worked...2bad I gotta do this everytime I get tired of a backgorund...lol...but its better than nothing...good looks bro.

Last edited by Acedooncoon; 03-12-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado112 View Post
Is there a way that a R10 rom can be made that can support the sprint tv instead of the swype... i dont even know what the swype is ... doing a google search it seems like a keyboard type app which i dont use...

I agree, i think having the standard working Sprint TV and Nav are more important than having swype. There are tons of alternative keyboards out there but there is no alternative for sprint tv and nav.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedooncoon
Quote:
HKCU\Software\Software\HTC\Manilla\HomeBackgroundP ath

Ok thanks...I will try that.....but why isnt this option there from the being with?..
UPDATE: I jus wanna say thanks....it worked...2bad I gotta do this everytime I get tired of a backgorund...lol...but its better than nothing...good looks bro.
I had the same issue lol so I just downloaded a balck wallpaper.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

bchan53 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: *ROM* *3/9* *S3-ROM r10* *WM6.5(21895.5.0.90)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Anybody that is not on sprint, please give r10N from the first post a shot.

-deck
I'm on Telus, just flashed, installed the Telus Cab from the first post, and internet and phone is working just fine. No errors, pop-up or anything weird. The weather app was even able to locate my exact location instead of just saying Ontario!

Overall, looks to be another impressive, fast, speedy build from deck! Thanks, and i'll keep you posted if something weird does happen!

B-Chan

Last edited by bchan53; 03-12-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado112 View Post
Is there a way that a R10 rom can be made that can support the sprint tv instead of the swype... i dont even know what the swype is ... doing a google search it seems like a keyboard type app which i dont use...

I agree, i think having the standard working Sprint TV and Nav are more important than having swype. There are tons of alternative keyboards out there but there is no alternative for sprint tv and nav.
Me three! I really would love to have sprint tv over swype cuz I don't use it. There was a post about editing the model name txt or something but nothing official. I hope we can figure something out soon.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Acedooncoon is a n00b

No one has yet to tell me what difference there is between r9.5 and r10 on the sprint tp2....still waiting....ZzZzZz....lol
Old 03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
No one has yet to tell me what difference there is between r9.5 and r10 on the sprint tp2....still waiting....ZzZzZz....lol
You are not nearly addicted enough to flashing.

Most of us would just flash it to find out.

I havent gotten home from work to try the new R10N that I need, but I think you can safely assume that the Doc and eReader tabs will not be there. Also, it sounds like deck added Bing and Slacker Radio. Other than that it is probably just general fixes and updates. The only person that truly knows all the differences is deck. Until he gets around to uploading the change log (found on the first page) no one is going to able to answer this question for you any better than this.

BTW, saying "Thanks" is great, but clicking the Thanks button is what increases a members reputation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Acedooncoon is a n00b

Quote:
You are not nearly addicted enough to flashing.

Most of us would just flash it to find out.

I havent gotten home from work to try the new R10N that I need, but I think you can safely assume that the Doc and eReader tabs will not be there. Also, it sounds like deck added Bing and Slacker Radio. Other than that it is probably just general fixes and updates. The only person that truly knows all the differences is deck. Until he gets around to uploading the change log (found on the first page) no one is going to able to answer this question for you any better than this.

BTW, saying "Thanks" is great, but clicking the Thanks button is what increases a members reputation.

I hit the "Thanks" button...lol...thanks for telling me about that...but umm I asked b4 and someone else told me about the reader and doc tabs....I can do without the reader but love the doc tab....I know someone has the cab on here...Im not the type 2 jump from one ROM to another to fins out there no real big change with the exception of one or two things....right now r9.5 is working great...no complaints here...Jus wanted to know if moving on to r10 would be better..it would jus be my luck that I flash and then have all these other stupid problems...lol...so with all that said...I think im going to jus stay put until r11 come out with working mms (for us sprint users of course...lol)...but thanks again...
Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
I hit the "Thanks" button...lol...thanks for telling me about that...but umm I asked b4 and someone else told me about the reader and doc tabs....I can do without the reader but love the doc tab....I know someone has the cab on here...Im not the type 2 jump from one ROM to another to fins out there no real big change with the exception of one or two things....right now r9.5 is working great...no complaints here...Jus wanted to know if moving on to r10 would be better..it would jus be my luck that I flash and then have all these other stupid problems...lol...so with all that said...I think im going to jus stay put until r11 come out with working mms (for us sprint users of course...lol)...but thanks again...
im sorry... but did you even read all the posts after the 2nd time you asked this??? the reason i ask is cuz...i did post what i found different here, which happens to be 2 posts after yours! the only thing is i didnt quote your post but since it was right after i figured you would of took it as a response to your queston!

i never even ask for ppl to "hit the thanks button" but if your not gonna read the posts threw (even if its not w/ your quoted post) im gonna stop helping as its seeming like its a waste of my time (if no1 reads it)

ok, i had to get that off my chest...make it clear you were being helped (even if you didnt see it)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development