PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *3/9* *S3-ROM r10* *WM6.5(21895.5.0.90)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Same here. R10 is running good on my Sprint TP2.
The problem is that it seems to only run on Sprint. Telus and Verizon users are getting a pop up window that is trying to register the phone on some network anytime the phone does anything internet related.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post

Same here. R10 is running good on my Sprint TP2.
The problem is that it seems to only run on Sprint. Telus and Verizon users are getting a pop up window that is trying to register the phone on some network anytime the phone does anything internet related.
Ok I figured it had to be affecting tp2's on networks other than Sprint. Hopefully some things get worked out for you all. Me personally i'm still waiting on a fix for the mms issue.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

jowaldo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
yeah and I've been diggin through the registry to see if anything sprint related loads that can be removed... but no luck
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Yeah, I'm sticking with R9 for now. Anyone been able to tweak the battery with Deck's ROMs. I was using Energy "Leo" for a while, and using the bluetooth driver tweaks in that thread had discharge current in the 50s idle. It doesn't work with Deck's SSS, and discharge is between 80s to 300s.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Sprint R10 users - any reason to upgrade from R9? Any differences?

-
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

any vzw users having problems with r10, did you install the carrier cab?

-deck
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
Deck,
Thanks for dropping R10.
I want to pick your brain on the Verizon MMS issue. Not sure if you read back far enough to see the posts.

It isnt ROM specific, but MMS stopped working for Verizon users just a few days ago. I am not sure that any of the chefs have looked into the problem although users on all the ROM boards are reporting the issue. Verizon users can send but no longer receive MMS. (The MMS message arrives stating you must download the message, but then fails to download)

I know it isnt a huge deal, especially since it never really worked for Sprint users, but it would be nice to have a chef maybe give his thoughts on what happened.

Thanks
from my understanding, verizon is getting ready to roll out an updated 6.5 with 2.5 sense rom as is sprint is supposed to. i am guessing they closed up some port for now untill they get their rom squared away. the only reason it was working at first was because we were manually entering the mdn string. other then that, i am not sure. this is just my speculation.

-deck
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 AM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
any vzw users having problems with r10, did you install the carrier cab?

-deck
yes i did... still get that popup, and yeah it happens every time some type of data tries to get used...
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
from my understanding, verizon is getting ready to roll out an updated 6.5 with 2.5 sense rom as is sprint is supposed to. i am guessing they closed up some port for now untill they get their rom squared away. the only reason it was working at first was because we were manually entering the mdn string. other then that, i am not sure. this is just my speculation.

-deck
Great. Thanks for the insight!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
yes i did... still get that popup, and yeah it happens every time some type of data tries to get used...
+1
I have been using SsS ROM since R2, so I have the process down pat for getting it ready to go.

The screen originally comes up on first boot saying "Hands Free Activation". It states that it is trying to register the phone on the network, then that it is trying to activate services.

After that, anytime you try to access the internet (open Opera, update weather, anything at all) you get another screen that says "Device Configuration" and it states it is trying to register the phone on the network followed by trying to activate services.

All of these steps fail, and the phone is still able to access the internet when these steps finish.
It is just annoying because the screen comes up for every internet event and takes about 30 seconds to go away.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development