PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *3/9* *S3-ROM r10* *WM6.5(21895.5.0.90)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

ensure that after you flash the rom that you clear storage one more time to ensure that all files from the last rom are gone and not causing any problems with the new rom, it's standard practice to clear storage after a flash, then after you have done that you shouldn't have issues and then if you do then report them. also ensure that you add one cab at a time to ensure that it doesn't break anything and be sure to soft reset after each cab. if you know this already great, if you don't then i hope this helps you with some of the issues you are having.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 600...Mogul...Touch Pro...Touch Pro 2...Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Acedooncoon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Acedooncoon Send a message via Yahoo to Acedooncoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
r9.5 is from a leo and it has the ebook reader and has the documents tabs, r10 is a rhodium rom and doesn't have those two tabs.

i noticed that didn't really answer your question, so unless deck puts out a changelog or someone else that downloaded r10 chimes in i don't guess we'll know, i'm trying to download now and will update you later if someone hasn't done it yet, just keep an eye on post 2 for a changelog.

on a side note our problems with mms should be over this month for sprint users as sprint is supposed to finish and upload there official wm 6.5 rom, i was reading about that on the internet yesterday and now it's on the news page here at ppcgeeks so that's good news.
U answerd part of it.....besides those two things is anything different?...is it Faster?....Momre Memory?...Smoother?...Im not to fond of the reader tab...but I def. love the File Tab....thats one thing I would use alot....bcuz I create Budget and Work schedule sheets every month...and being able to access them that way is GREAT....I love it.....if R10 doesnt have that then Im going to stay right where I am...lol...
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

jowaldo is just getting started

Quote:
ensure that after you flash the rom that you clear storage one more time to ensure that all files from the last rom are gone and not causing any problems with the new rom, it's standard practice to clear storage after a flash, then after you have done that you shouldn't have issues and then if you do then report them. also ensure that you add one cab at a time to ensure that it doesn't break anything and be sure to soft reset after each cab. if you know this already great, if you don't then i hope this helps you with some of the issues you are having.
I did do the clear storage, and still have this problem... The error pops up as soon as it does its first reboot... without me touching a thing.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:24 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
Deck - I'm a telus user. I used your Telus DCD Cab, and for some reason - I get this "DEVICE CONFIGURATION" screen which attempts to locate some type of settings over a network - Ultimately, it fails and gives me an error message -and disconnects me from the network..

Any ideas?
i also get that but i can still send and receive data... but it comes up EVERY time it turns on... any idea what it is? a program we can possibly delete?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started
Re: *ROM* *2/22* *S3-ROM r9/9.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
i don't have the program so this is a guess, but did you open opera and go to the address bar and type in config and hit enter and that should bring up the settings and then look around for the settings and one of them should be to make it your default browser, hope this works.
I finally figured it out!!! This is what you do to make opera mini your default browser for links, sense ui, etc...:
Edit the following registry keys..This is assuming you installed Opera mini on the device memory not storage card.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER
"0"=Opera Mini 5
"1"="\Program Files\Opera Mini 5\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe\"

HKCR\http\Shell\Open\Command\Default and I did it for backup to:
"\Program Files\Opera Mini 5\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe" "%1"

P.S. the %1 is what passes the link on to Opera. Without it Opera will just open to your home page.

After you do this, do a soft reset and it should work..it works for me...
Let me know if you have any issues.........

Last edited by twobeaglesjtj; 03-09-2010 at 08:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

jowaldo is just getting started

man i've tried so many things to fix this new connection error in r10... anyone have any luck?

I've tried disabling lots of things that I googled and seemed to be pointing in the right direction, but no luck...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I havent figured it out yet either - and it is annoying.
It comes up on every reboot - plus everytime anything touches the network.
Checking email, launching browser, sending MMS, anything that touches the network causes this stupid screen to popup.
I will be back on R7 until this gets figured out.
Also - not that I thought it would be fixed in this ROM, but MMS for Verizon is stilll broken.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint

wirenut110 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
Checking email, launching browser, sending MMS, anything that touches the network causes this stupid screen to popup.
Also - not that I thought it would be fixed in this ROM, but MMS for Verizon is stilll broken.

R7 is your "if all else fails" ROM, huh? So far R10 is running quite fine on my Sprint TP2. I still have the copy of R7 that you gave me and that's my "last resort" ROM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Actually, if you wanna flash r10, you can still have the documents tab. Currently, I am running r9, which does not have the ebook reader or docs tab, but I installed it via cab and it is working fine. I also found a cab that installs the ebook reader as an app separate from manila 2.5, but it's very laggy... Don't really recommend that one.

Attached is the cab file for the documents tab for those who wanna use it. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Sense 2.5 Documents Tab Add-on.cab (5.26 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"

Last edited by tgmuhammad; 03-09-2010 at 11:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post

R7 is your "if all else fails" ROM, huh? So far R10 is running quite fine on my Sprint TP2. I still have the copy of R7 that you gave me and that's my "last resort" ROM.
Same here. R10 is running good on my Sprint TP2.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development