PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom92
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
I'm planning on trying the Mr. X cab thingy and i'll see if that does the trick
Hahahahaha "mr.x cab thingy"... hahahaha u made my day... hahahaha
thanx...... hahahahaha
Glad to have made your day. lol
Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: *ROM* *2/22* *S3-ROM r9/9.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420Dank View Post
Hey guys, tried out r9 and 9.5 which both are really good. I see that the 9.5"Leo" ROM has documents and a book reader tab in sense now.

One quick question if you guys don't mind. Is there any other REAL difference between 9 and 9.5 that everyone knows about? I wanna use the newest technology of course but if there isn't much difference in the two, I would rather use the r9"Rhodium" ROM. Any info is much appreciated, thanks
the differences that i read about is that r9 is rhodium which deck is supporting and r9.5 which is based off of a Leo and he's not supporting that, i.e. not putting effort into fixing problems with it. also r9.5 has the documents tab and ebook reader tab which you already know, i read that the documents tab works fine but that the ebook reader tab is slow and takes a while to change pages, plus you need another file to add more books, but thats what i read, i'm on r9 myself, i'm out of the country and not on the sprint network, but i havent had any issues with r9 so i'm sticking with that until r10 comes out. hope i provided something usual and not just a bunch of stuff you already knew.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstaCDLite
I also have been slightly annoyed with the inability to "back out" of a text conversation and wish there was a better way to go back to the home screen. Does anyone know if there a way to map the windows button to the home screen? I don't ever use it to get the start menu.
What happens when you press the END hardware key (the one with the red phone icon)?
This was a complaint of mine a while back, but it has worked ever since R7. Pressing that END key, even when nested within a message tab of a contact, will take me directly back to the HOME screen. Also, there is a BACK hardware key - the one with the arrow making the U-turn. That should back you out of the messaging tab of the contact, and take you to the HTC message screen.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Longview; 03-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

borntochill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstaCDLite View Post
I also have been slightly annoyed with the inability to "back out" of a text conversation and wish there was a better way to go back to the home screen. Does anyone know if there a way to map the windows button to the home screen? I don't ever use it to get the start menu.
I use Tarkim's Rhodium Keyboard Controller (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240) for exactly that purpose! I have a short press on the Windows button take me to the home screen and a long press take me to the Programs menu. The remapper is very easy to use.

I also use the Tarkim remapper to have a long press on the Volume Up button toggle Bluetooth on or off and a long press on the Volume Down button toggle WI-FI on or off. Tarkim's keyboard utility is my favorite add-on cab besides the Cookie home screen mod.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

JordanHo is a n00b

First, Deck, I want to say thanks for R9! It's the first time I've found a stable and fast WM6.5 ROM for my Sprint TP2.

I think I have a couple of suggestions to save even more space. There is an 8.9MB video for swype called "\Windows\SwypeIntroVideo.wmv". It is read-only, and so I am unsure as to whether it gets mapped into RAM, or not. If it is mapped into RAM, that would be a great file to delete from the ROM image.

So poking around with ThrottleStorage, I found that swype chews up nearly 16MB of space in RAM. Is there any way to uninstall it ? If not, might you consider removing it from the ROM image in the future, or having 2 ROM image options ? Might be interesting to have a poll to see if there really is an overwhelming majority of folks who would keep swype, even knowing that it takes away that much RAM.

Jordan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

torred is a n00b

First of all this is an AWESOME ROM. I love it. But for some reason I can send mms but i can't receive. (I'm on VZW) Yes i did install the Verizon Cab. And yes I did type in the manual MMS Settings and put in my 10 digit number. And yes i tried searching the forum. But for some reason i can't download them. It just keeps saying "Unable to download message from..." I know i'm probably doing stupid thats obvious but I just can't see it... Any help would be much appreciated.

thnx.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by torred View Post
First of all this is an AWESOME ROM. I love it. But for some reason I can send mms but i can't receive. (I'm on VZW) Yes i did install the Verizon Cab. And yes I did type in the manual MMS Settings and put in my 10 digit number. And yes i tried searching the forum. But for some reason i can't download them. It just keeps saying "Unable to download message from..." I know i'm probably doing stupid thats obvious but I just can't see it... Any help would be much appreciated.

thnx.
has it been that way since you loaded the rom or was it working and then stopped working? if it happened right after a flash maybe you need to clear storage and start over, if it just started happening maybe you installed something that broke it or maybe something is wrong with the network. which rom are you on r9 or r9.5?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

torred is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
has it been that way since you loaded the rom or was it working and then stopped working? if it happened right after a flash maybe you need to clear storage and start over, if it just started happening maybe you installed something that broke it or maybe something is wrong with the network. which rom are you on r9 or r9.5?
I'm running 9. I just flashed it this morning. I haven't been able to get it to work from the beginning. I'll try starting over. thnx.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by torred View Post
I'm running 9. I just flashed it this morning. I haven't been able to get it to work from the beginning. I'll try starting over. thnx.
yeah i would reflash it and then clear storage and then run your provision cab and then check all the settings and try to send and receive and then start adding any cabs you have and keep checking as you add stuff that it's still working, haven't heard of anyone else having any issues with that so usually that means it's user error or a bad flash, also r10 will get released soon so i dont know if i would go to much trouble setting everything up unless your just bored or not going to upgrade.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint

wirenut110 is just getting started

what is the release date for r10?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development