PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/22* *S3-ROM r9/9.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Cool can't wait for r10. R9 drains my battery quick(this is just sitting idle) and sometimes when I try to charge it overnight on the wall plug it will only go to 50% charge. Weird.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

Kronnospr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Cool can't wait for r10. R9 drains my battery quick(this is just sitting idle) and sometimes when I try to charge it overnight on the wall plug it will only go to 50% charge. Weird.

Watch out... could happens that you end up with a battery you will have to replace or a ROM that will not be upgrated once a new TP3 goes up... that happened to many of us that considered the TP2 Version of S3 were one of the best but there not longer support for it. We know this is not a tp2 thread but also that does not means, that if you cook a rom for a Tp2, you cant ask anybody who as a Tp2 user to test the rom in any ways you are offering the protected final release and not the kitchen.

I ended up running on MightyROM 6, on my TP since is more stable, and is not as fast, but also the battery time is the best in comparrison other ROM. With many visual kitchens, is not even necesary to have a phone of your side.

Nothing else to say.

Last edited by Kronnospr; 03-02-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronnospr View Post
Watch out... could happens that you end up with a battery you will have to replace or a ROM that will not be upgrated once a new TP3 goes up... that happened to many of us that considered the TP2 Version of S3 were one of the best but there not longer support for it. We know this is not a tp2 thread but also that does not means, that if you cook a rom for a Tp2, you cant ask anybody who as a Tp2 user to test the rom in any ways you are offering the protected final release and not the kitchen.

I ended up running on MightyROM 6, on my TP since is more stable, and is not as fast, but also the battery time is the best in comparrison other ROM. With many visual kitchens, is not even necesary to have a phone of your side.

Nothing else to say.
sir i think your a little confused, first off your on a TP1 talking about TP1 roms in a TP2 thread, yes deck quit working on his TP1 roms as he got a TP2, and he asked in the TP1 rom thread if anyone wanted to carry on his work as he didnt have time to work on it with cooking for the TP2, so if you or someone wanted to carry on his work you should have said so in that thread or pm'd him. and his TP1 roms were the best around imo, if i'm the one confused someone please correct me.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
sir i think your a little confused, first off your on a TP1 talking about TP1 roms in a TP2 thread, yes deck quit working on his TP1 roms as he got a TP2, and he asked in the TP1 rom thread if anyone wanted to carry on his work as he didnt have time to work on it with cooking for the TP2, so if you or someone wanted to carry on his work you should have said so in that thread or pm'd him. and his TP1 roms were the best around imo, if i'm the one confused someone please correct me.

I was confused as heck. Thanks for clearing that up. These S3 ROMs have been THE best roms that I have tried. I agree if you wanted the TP1 development to keep going maybe you should've stepped up to the plate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
I was confused as heck. Thanks for clearing that up. These S3 ROMs have been THE best roms that I have tried. I agree if you wanted the TP1 development to keep going maybe you should've stepped up to the plate.
which rom are you using r9 or r9.5? have you tried to flash the rom again as i havent heard anyone else saying anything about battery draining quickly or only charging up to 50%, and after you flash clear your storage once more to make sure that all previous bugs/files are gone as it happens sometimes. usually if one or two people are having the problem it's user/flash error so reflash should fix the issue, have you installed anything that might be running in the background? you can hold out for r10, hopefully that comes out soon and hopefully that will fix your issues.

on a side note, nothing against you, but i hate austin texas, was coming back thru there after new years and they stopped me and gave me a $167 dollar ticket for changing lanes without using my turn signal, guess they are doing there part to ensure theres no deficit in austin lol.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 03-02-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69
i havent heard anyone else saying anything about battery draining quickly
Mine also drains much faster on R9 than it did previously. I could get several days on R7 between charges. I can only get through the day on R9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69
on a side note, nothing against you, but i hate austin texas
I have never heard one person ever say a good word about Austin. That town must blow. LOL. I cant even count the number of times I have read forum comments about people hating Austin.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post

I have never heard one person ever say a good word about Austin. That town must blow. LOL. I cant even count the number of times I have read forum comments about people hating Austin.
I live in California, been through Texas with bands on tour a few times, and Austin is an oasis in the middle of big texas hell. The have one of the biggest music festivals out there every year, where they shut down the streets and open over 100 clubs all at once for one ticket. South By Southwest.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry to hear that ya'll hate Austin. I love it. So much to do.

I will try a re-flash using your suggestions to see what happens.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

the HTC HD Mini lockscreen has been released as a CAB! get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=66
reminder, that people who use pin code entry should not use this.

i attached the cab in case people don't want to go to xda. all credit to MichyPrima who first cooked it into roms then made the separate cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MichyPrima HTC Lockscreen 2.0 WVGA.cab (141.2 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lipidfats; 03-02-2010 at 04:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
the HTC HD Mini lockscreen has been released as a CAB! get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=66
reminder, that people who use pin code entry should not use this.

i attached the cab in case people don't want to go to xda. all credit to MichyPrima who first cooked it into roms then made the separate cab.
Thanks for the heads up, bro.

Tried it out, don't like it too much for the TP2 - too laggy and the layout is too small for me. Has potential though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development