PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

turbochris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 3-24-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

I'm not using the latest, I planned on updating but I may wait a little longer.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work
Re: <> 3-24-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

...as long as we're making some requests and recommendations

Phone numbers contained in manila calendar entries don't enable a dialing option when selected. This feature works in the 23547 ROM email messages and in all the 21xxx ROMs I've ever tried. This feature also works in pocketinformant (which I have installed on my MH ROM).

Wondering if you can look into if/how to get phone numbers to dial when selected in a Manila calendar entry?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
BTW -- love the "old" notification manager cooked in this new ROM. Definitely an improvement! Question for ya -- is there any way to keep the look/feel of the notification manager and alert dialogs but include more snooze options?

The HTC alerts only give you one snooze option and I think it's 5 minutes.

I've found a couple of cabs (one attached) which enable all the WinMo snooze options, but they change the alert dialogs -- I think the cabs blow away the HTC dialogs and completely replace them with the stock WinMo ones which aren't as visually appealing.

Ideally, it would be great to have the HTC alerts AND all the WinMo snooze options. If that's possible...
You read my mind...

Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

well, a little delay, switching the new SYS out for a newer SYS now, LOL. Newest is 23554 instead of 23551.

EDIT: Just flashed 23554 and testing now. If all goes well, I will implement the last couple things tomorrow. Added a couple more things tonight to test as well. So hopefully all will go as well with 23554 as it did with 23551.

UPDATE: After playing around with 23554 there are a couple small issues with the email client. The menu button in the email client opens the options menu, but will not retract it. Only way to retract the menu is to use the home or back arrow hardware keys, which is annoying. So I guess it's back to 23551 which was running very good anyways. Oh well.

That snooze cab you posted when I looked at it only changes the look of the notifications, I didn't see anything that would change the actual snooze options.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 03-30-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
That snooze cab you posted when I looked at it only changes the look of the notifications, I didn't see anything that would change the actual snooze options.
Ok, so geekdaddy got me thinking about this as it does bother me. I like the HTC Notifications look, but hate that it does not have options for different snooze times.

Dibbs, the cab geeksdaddy posted disables the HTC notification popup and defaults to the WM notification popup which has different snooze options.

I did a little research on the issue. The way to disable the HTC notification popup is by regediting HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM\CustomUIDLL and change the value from "NotificationLayout.dll" to something else.

The above reg settings leads me to believe the whole Notification Popup is controlled by the above DLL. So in order to get different snooze times we will need to replace the dll with a new one, or decompile it, edit it, and recompile it.

Not sure if anyone has decompiled any of the HTC dll files on WM. If someone gives me some pointers I am willing to try to edit it.... but the last time I decompiled a file it got nasty.

Last edited by cls_; 03-30-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

I looked in that dll before I posted my last message and there is only 2 files in it which seems to just revert it back to the notification graphic style of standard wm by making the HTC one transparent. So that's why I said it's either one or the other. You would probably have to script the options in to the htc part and that's "probably" more work than me or you want to do.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

htcguru6912 is a n00b

Okay, I'm going to sound like an idiot, but why doesn't this latest build have internet explorer? Seriously? A Windows Mobile ROM without an integral piece made by Microsoft? And yes, most of us use Opera for just about everything but I DO need it to easily access my bank web site. The full version takes too long to load in Opera and will not load it's mobile version in Opera. So, anyone have IE as a .cab that I can install? Thanks for your help everyone.
Smartphones/PPCs owned in this order: Blackberry 6710, Blackberry 6280, Kyocera 7135, Blackberry 7100, Palm Treo 650, HTC Excalibur, HTC p4350 (Herald), Blackberry 8310, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue, Blackberry 8830, HTC Elf, HTC Raphael, HTC Hero, HTC Rhodium
Old 03-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, since that question hasn't been asked in a while, I'll give ya the long answer.

So, in a ROM long long time ago..., I introduced my MH Updater App (that has been out of the last 2 updates due to me doing upgrades that I have been lazy/trying to get right, but will be in the next update). I wrote that app in VB 08'. Unfortunately there are some limitations to the webbrowser control in VB 08' thanks to MS not updating the control appropriately. Even in the 6.5 and 6.5.3 SDK/DTK's the browser is still not correct. This is because they are still wrapping that control with the old webview.dll from PIE from WM 6.1. WM 6.5 and 6.5.x use the shdocvw.dll for the newer IE6on6, as PIE is no longer used in WM and was replaced with IE6on6 for 6.5 and 6.5.x. Why oh why MS won't update the webbrowser control to be wrapped with the shdocvw.dll I will never know... So because the webbrowser control still looks for that webview.dll any app that you write in VB that uses a webbrowser control will absolutely not work right if at all on 6.5 and 6.5.x. So... where does that leave me? Well, since my programming knowledge obviously isn't extensive enough to rewrap the webbrowser control with the shdocvw.dll, I was left hax0ring in the old PIE to get the webbrowser control to function properly, because if I use PIE, it uses the webview.dll, and everything functions accordingly. So I mod every SYS to use PIE instead of IE6on6. And since PIE looks quite stoic compared to the newer versions, I left the link out (IE is still there just no link on the start menu). Only a couple people have complained since Opera and Skyfire (which skyfire IMO is better than both of them because it is as close to a true desktop browser experience as you'll find (flash support)). You can always link it back to the startmenu with a reg edit, or if everyone wants it back, I can relink it, but there is no need to cab install it. Also if there are any VB programming wizards out there that know how to get the webbrowser control to use shdocvw.dll instead of webview.dll feel free to let me know and we can go over code, otherwise it's old PIE to the rescue. Hope that answers that question.

Last edited by dibbson; 03-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, since that question hasn't been asked in a while, I'll give ya the long answer.

So, in a ROM long long time ago..., I introduced my MH Updater App (that has been out of the last 2 updates due to me doing upgrades that I have been lazy/trying to get right, but will be in the next update). I wrote that app in VB 08'. Unfortunately there are some limitations to the webbrowser control in VB 08' thanks to MS not updating the control appropriately. Even in the 6.5 and 6.5.3 SDK/DTK's the browser is still not correct. This is because they are still wrapping that control with the old webview.dll from PIE from WM 6.1. WM 6.5 and 6.5.x use the shdocvw.dll for the newer IE6on6, as PIE is no longer used in WM and was replaced with IE6on6 for 6.5 and 6.5.x. Why oh why MS won't update the webbrowser control to be wrapped with the shdocvw.dll I will never know... So because the webbrowser control still looks for that webview.dll any app that you write in VB that uses a webbrowser control will absolutely not work right if at all on 6.5 and 6.5.x. So... where does that leave me? Well, since my programming knowledge obviously isn't extensive enough to rewrap the webbrowser control with the shdocvw.dll, I was left hax0ring in the old PIE to get the webbrowser control to function properly, because if I use PIE, it uses the webview.dll, and everything functions accordingly. So I mod every SYS to use PIE instead of IE6on6. And since PIE looks quite stoic compared to the newer versions, I left the link out (IE is still there just no link on the start menu). Only a couple people have complained since Opera and Skyfire (which skyfire IMO is better than both of them because it is as close to a true desktop browser experience as you'll find (flash support)). You can always link it back to the startmenu with a reg edit, or if everyone wants it back, I can relink it, but there is no need to cab install it. Also if there are any VB programming wizards out there that know how to get the webbrowser control to use shdocvw.dll instead of webview.dll feel free to let me know and we can go over code, otherwise it's old PIE to the rescue. Hope that answers that question.
Exactly what I figured
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Exactly what I figured
haha yah me too. LOL.

The only problem is some bank sites won't accept Opera and I'm forced to log on with IE. Nowadays I just text wellsfargo though to get my balance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development