PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: (01-05-2010) Medium Hill ROM's 6.5.3 & 6.5 - Sense 2.5/2.1 & Titanium SYS 28205

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
I may have missed this in this thread, but what is this app I keep hearing about? I'm intrigued...
Basically heres whats happening.... As you know, I have many versions of ROMs, regular, signature series, and many variants... So, I decided to make a WM app for my ROM that you can start from the start menu, and when it starts up, it will allow you direct connect to my ftp site. I will have categories for Wallpapers, tsk's, taskbars (themes and custom icons), cab's, and updated ROM's. When you select one of those, it takes you to the next page and loads the ftp folder with those specific files in it to download. You can then download and customize your phone all in house. Why, you ask? Well, it takes the burden off me a bit, because i don't have to cook and upload so many different rom's. This way, i can have a few base roms, Titanium, 2.1, and 2.5 with carrier variants and then you guys can use the app to customize your phone with any of my themes and what not to your hearts content. I will use post #2 for all ROM themes that are available (just like now) on the ftp, and post #3 will be for cab's and such. This will save you time from downloading and flashing new ROM's all the time when I release a new theme/version, and the only reason you would need to update the ROM is for a new SYS version. Hot fixes for my ROM's will be listed as cab's in the cab section of the app. I hope that kinda explains the direction the app is going in. I am very close "i think" to finishing.

UPDATE: Just cab'ed up my app for the first time and installed it on my phone. Need to adjust graphic layout just a bit, and link the ftps and thats it. Hopefully should be done today, but i do have to step out for a few hours today, so maybe if i can't finish it today, then tomorrow at the latest. Will have some screen shots later today for ya!!

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-06-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: (01-05-2010) Medium Hill ROM's 6.5.3 & 6.5 - Sense 2.5/2.1 & Titanium SYS 28205

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Basically heres whats happening.... As you know, I have many versions of ROMs, regular, signature series, and many variants... So, I decided to make a WM app for my ROM that you can start from the start menu, and when it starts up, it will allow you direct connect to my ftp site. I will have categories for Wallpapers, tsk's, taskbars (themes and custom icons), cab's, and updated ROM's. When you select one of those, it takes you to the next page and loads the ftp folder with those specific files in it to download. You can then download and customize your phone all in house. Why, you ask? Well, it takes the burden off me a bit, because i don't have to cook and upload so many different rom's. This way, i can have a few base roms, Titanium, 2.1, and 2.5 with carrier variants and then you guys can use the app to customize your phone with any of my themes and what not to your hearts content. I will use post #2 for all ROM themes that are available (just like now) on the ftp, and post #3 will be for cab's and such. This will save you time from downloading and flashing new ROM's all the time when I release a new theme/version, and the only reason you would need to update the ROM is for a new SYS version. Hot fixes for my ROM's will be listed as cab's in the cab section of the app. I hope that kinda explains the direction the app is going in. I am very close "i think" to finishing.

UPDATE: Just cab'ed up my app for the first time and installed it on my phone. Need to adjust graphic layout just a bit, and link the ftps and thats it. Hopefully should be done today, but i do have to step out for a few hours today, so maybe if i can't finish it today, then tomorrow at the latest. Will have some screen shots later today for ya!!
Wow! Talk about support! That's cool bro. Very unique.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Thanks Mulhiny. Yeah, I hope it makes things as easy as i hope. This should give me more time to do things.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

So it appears that 23619 is a different branch of sys and does not have the "conversations" view in pocket outlook like 23517 does.

Just thought I would pass it on.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
So it appears that 23619 is a different branch of sys and does not have the "conversations" view in pocket outlook like 23517 does.

Just thought I would pass it on.
Yea, sometimes the branches seem like some of the features are scrambled, lol. Anyways, i hit the app hard since i got home, and finished it up. I am in Beta phase now testing it to make sure it works alright. I also have to move everything around on my ftp which will take a little time, cuz when I do that, I have to adjust the links on my various threads and posts. Anyways, here are two teaser shots of the app.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

That looks great and very user friendly.

Any idea on when a 23517 Sense 2.5 ROM might be in the works?

Thanks for all the development!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Actually i will be ditching 28205 to go with 23xxx series ROM due to glitches with SYS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

New app or rather the "Medium Hill New Life Updater" is running pretty flawlessly, so it's done. Now, I just have to organize the downloads which will take some time, but the app is ready. So, i'm gonna take a break before i start moving/organizing the downloads. So i'm gonna start cooking a new Sense 2.5 version.

UPDATE: Testing 23517 2.5 build now. MMS does work, u just have to use the text app in accessories folder instead of messaging on TF. TF messaging is still good for SMS though. Reverted back to regular wvga htc phone canvas instead of leo package phone canvas. Also raised the MMS send size to 20MB, hope thats enough, lol

Last edited by dibbson; 01-07-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Re: (01-07-2010) Medium Hill ROM's 6.5.x & 6.5 - Sense & Titanium w/ New in ROM Updat

Ok, here we go. SYS 23517 Sense 2.5 1922 with Medium Hill New Life Updater Application is available for Download for Sprint at the Top of Post #2. Verizon and USCC will follow as uploads are slow tonight, they are still uploading. All info on this build can be found at the top of Post #2. Still have some work to do, ALOT of CAB'ing of themes and files for proper installation, so the FTP directories are not full yet. The Updater app is fully functional, just not much to play with yet in the FTP's cuz I did not have that many files ready, was trying to get the app done first. So tomorrow is going to be spent cab'ing. PLEASE read the info in Post #2 about the ROM and enjoy.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff
Re: (01-07-2010) Medium Hill ROM's 6.5.x & 6.5 - Sense & Titanium w/ New in ROM Updat

wow thats alot of rom flavors

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development