PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: <> 8-5-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.8

I just loaded up your CHT rom, and will give in awork out the next day or so and report back. So far looks good. Havent had much luck as of late with some of the others.

Question: I am on Verizon, but dont have verizon coverage where i live so usally auto porvisioning does not work. Would i need to manually install the provisioning cab and the mms setings cab ? I cant seem to get mms to work.

Last edited by TdiDave; 08-17-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Moziah7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 8-5-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Sorry guys, didn't realize I had replies (as I didn't get a new post email, weird...). Anyways, looking at this weekend for a release, and VZ should be back to normal. Messing around with 2017 a little longer to make sure everything is in order, if not I'll stick with what I got.
Sweet! I always look for forward to what you have in store! In the meantime, I decided to give MaxSense another look. First time since the first ROM Big dropped way back when. Your latest one is growing on me...a LOT...this coming from someone who has always preferred a more stock-like UI. Great job!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Well, I am still hoping for a weekend release, but I started playing with 2018 and may make a mash up of 17 and 18 depending on how things go. Verizon stuff should be back to the way it was before as that seemed to be the only random issue that hit a few people.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Hi Dibbson,

Mobile Underground's touch pro 2 cdma rom forum has a posting from Indagroove for Manila 2018 (link). Maybe you could put this in your kitchen and try it out.

Another neat thing is something I see in ai6908's ROM, which is the inclusion of a programs tab for manila 2.5/WM 6.5.x. He pointed me to this link on how he did it.

I've been using this and it's been a good replacement for CHT. For me CHT was great because of all the quicklinks I can assign and use without having to go to WM start menu screen. I think this may save more RAM from not having CHT installed.

Just some thoughts....
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

I've had your latest build Titanium ROM running for a few weeks; this coupled with the overclock @748 (no SODs!!) is the fastest most stable best winmo experience I have ever had!!!
I honestly believe this is the peak for me, I don't think it can be topped. Not saying you won't release better ROMs but I just can't see how it can get any better LOL.
Thanks for making my phone (and my life) complete!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
I've had your latest build Titanium ROM running for a few weeks; this coupled with the overclock @748 (no SODs!!) is the fastest most stable best winmo experience I have ever had!!!
I honestly believe this is the peak for me, I don't think it can be topped. Not saying you won't release better ROMs but I just can't see how it can get any better LOL.
Thanks for making my phone (and my life) complete!!!
Thats what I am using also. With titanium disabled and using only today plugins (Date, calender, messaging, weatherpanel, easy today launch, and spb news) I boot to 118mb free and never fall below 105. Lovin it.

BTW, how is the battery life overclocked with this rom?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Thats what I am using also. With titanium disabled and using only today plugins (Date, calender, messaging, weatherpanel, easy today launch, and spb news) I boot to 118mb free and never fall below 105. Lovin it.

PropX- any chance you could post a screenshot of your setup? About 60 days ago, I retired my TP2 and got the new BBerry Bold from Sprint. Fantastic telephone, but the most boring thing I've ever dealt with and screen too small. So I resurrected my TP2, and while cool, it seems SOOOO much slower. I"ve overclocked it, and have no issues, but am tired of sense. I don't care for Titanium- it's just wierd for me. Would love to see your setup. Thanks
Old 08-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
PropX- any chance you could post a screenshot of your setup? About 60 days ago, I retired my TP2 and got the new BBerry Bold from Sprint. Fantastic telephone, but the most boring thing I've ever dealt with and screen too small. So I resurrected my TP2, and while cool, it seems SOOOO much slower. I"ve overclocked it, and have no issues, but am tired of sense. I don't care for Titanium- it's just wierd for me. Would love to see your setup. Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post

I've also disabled all plugins and am running custom UI. I boot to around 100mb free but I have a good bit of stuff going on lol.

As for overclock I see no difference on battery drain. I use my phone for work so in a 9 hour work day with 30+ calls, 100+ txts, light internet, exchange set to every 15 min, gmail set to 1 hr I am down to 40% +/- at the end of the day. My old diamond wouldn't make it to luch and it would be at 40%! This phone deff has the best batt perfromance of any I've had.

BTW love the screenshot, its amazing how we all have such different setups! It saddens me to think this is the end of the line for the only OS that allows such customization..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Generic

perolator is a n00b

Excellent job, Dibbson!

I just flashed your titanium version of Medium Hill ROM and I can say is truly awesome. I tried several titanium ROMS with no success until now. Thank you very much for your effort.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development