PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 3-31-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

congrats Dibbs, with this latest release you just replaced mightyrom on all our corporate Touch Pro2's. My co-worker just got a HD2 and boy do I have phone envy. I HSPL'd it for her today in case she wants to get in to the custom ROM realm later.

I know I could probably find this info by search but off the top of anyone's head do you know how to make Opera Mini 5 the default browser? Opera 9.7 and 10 are a bit slow and cumbersome for some of our suits that just need quick access to a web link.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

To make opera your default browser this is the reg key, for easy installation I would suggest editing the CAB itself so it makes the reg change when you install the CAB instead of manually setting it each install.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER
"0"=Opera Browser
"1"=\Windows\OperaL.exe

Just change OperaL.exe to whatever the name of the opera mini 5 executable's name is.

And that's funny to hear that ya'll pick a ROM and use it across the board, but thanks for that Already working on and planning the next update. The next one will fix some ruff edges (visually) and I have a few app updates and a couple new things as well planned. And yeah, I sure would like to have an HD2 to kick around on for a little while.

EDIT: Flashing test build now without the visual edge softening.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 04-02-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

This rom is so awesome it makes me want to climb to the top of a mountain and yell it to the world! Seriously, I don't think enough people know how great it is and how much support we get from the chef. Thanks dibbs and I like the new bootscreen. Just realized the "Carrier Provisioning" app needs to be renamed bc its not used for that anymore.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Yeah I guess your right, although it's still a UC app so i'll guess I'll just call it that from now on. And glad your liking it Flashing my 4th test now actually. Trying to get a couple things dialed in, and then tomorrow it looks like i'll add my few graphic tweaks and then the rom is pretty much set until a new sys or newer apps.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
It's ok, I just know how other threads can be around here, and I would like for mine not to be that way. I know it's hard sometimes, but.... I just like to put the warning out there, to let people know I care about the thread as much as I do the ROM's.

And Thanks, glad your enjoying it.
Gotta love that attitude!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
This rom is so awesome it makes me want to climb to the top of a mountain and yell it to the world! Seriously, I don't think enough people know how great it is and how much support we get from the chef. Thanks dibbs and I like the new bootscreen. Just realized the "Carrier Provisioning" app needs to be renamed bc its not used for that anymore.
Could not agree more!!!!!!!!!! And greetings from OP.

For the rest of the Dibbs - OP (Overland Park) - home of sprint headquarters and Olathe, KS where ivwonka is from are right next to each other, suburbs of Kansas City.

Last edited by Comstar; 04-02-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Well, that last flash did it. Just need to make the graphic tweaks now. Full list of upgrades/tweaks will be listed tomorrow. Just know that if you like it now, what I just did made it so much better overall
Old 04-02-2010, 02:44 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i just flashed this but how long does it take to load on first boot? seems like forever now?

Old 04-02-2010, 02:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
congrats Dibbs, with this latest release you just replaced mightyrom on all our corporate Touch Pro2's.

+1. Great release. Quite an accomplishment.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

At which part off the load, more specific please. Does it get past the build screen? Does it get to the progress bar? Don't think anyone has had booting problems before though.

and thanks x10guy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development