PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
hey guys tonight's upload will use ervius implantxip instead of bepe.. 23081 seems really great with the ervius implantxip, takes slightly longer to build... you guys trying to cook 23081 are using the latest nightly build right? this one:

RZ[2009-10-25].rar 25-Oct-2009 14:28 430M

also changed the kitchen by asking for pagepool size up front, so no interruptions in between start of cooking process to flashing
THat is correct, at least in my case. So all you need to do is have your phone connected to your computer, select start kitchen, answer the few questions and it should go all the way through to flashing, correct?
Old 10-25-2009, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimbler View Post
THat is correct, at least in my case. So all you need to do is have your phone connected to your computer, select start kitchen, answer the few questions and it should go all the way through to flashing, correct?
that is correct, well the pagepool changer will launch before flashing, and then you enter any changes you have made (to make it easier to track changes through builds).. after tonight it will ask for PP up front and the only interruption will be to enter in your changes, then it will flash
Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
that is correct, well the pagepool changer will launch before flashing, and then you enter any changes you have made (to make it easier to track changes through builds).. after tonight it will ask for PP up front and the only interruption will be to enter in your changes, then it will flash
Failed to set data for htcrt_backup
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

do you have admin privileges on your pc? where are you extracting to? I will be back tomorrow (with 23502 ).. have a good night
Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
do you have admin privileges on your pc? where are you extracting to? I will be back tomorrow (with 23502 ).. have a good night
Error 240 file open.
Have a good night too. 23502
Old 10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Aight, so can someone who's actually cooked a ROM with this kitchen help me out.

I've done over and over what's been said to do.

Name the ROM, enter sys no., enter manila or tit., y or n.

It will go through the process and when it gets to the ending of the second window that pops up I get the 3 or 4 error messages in a row. The pagepool changer then pops up, but where's the rom? It's like it makes a ROM, but I can't find it. I don't think it's the one that's in the PP changer. I think that's the last one I changed the PP on, not the one that was supposedly (only cuz I can't find it) just created. I hit close on the PP cuz I can't find a ROM then the RUU opens up and after it says it's verifying the information on my phone, it says it "can't open up the requested file, please check my update utility".

I'm pretty sure I missing a step, but all I hear is to do what I'm doing. So if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate it.

As for what Raid said, yes-I have admin. privileges on my comp. and I'm extracting to the desktop. Is that the problem?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-25-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Aight, so can someone who's actually cooked a ROM with this kitchen help me out.

I've done over and over what's been said to do.

Name the ROM, enter sys no., enter manila or tit., y or n.

It will go through the process and when it gets to the ending of the second window that pops up I get the 3 or 4 error messages in a row. The pagepool changer then pops up, but where's the rom? It's like it makes a ROM, but I can't find it. I don't think it's the one that's in the PP changer. I think that's the last one I changed the PP on, not the one that was supposedly (only cuz I can't find it) just created. I hit close on the PP cuz I can't find a ROM then the RUU opens up and after it says it's verifying the information on my phone, it says it "can't open up the requested file, please check my update utility".

I'm pretty sure I missing a step, but all I hear is to do what I'm doing. So if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate it.

As for what Raid said, yes-I have admin. privileges on my comp. and I'm extracting to the desktop. Is that the problem?
Don't worry Sharkie it's the same problem with me.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Aight, so I did it! Like Raid said it had something to do with the administrative settings on my pc. I'm not sure what I did. I thought I had turned off the password protection to my administrative username. When I checked just now, after the kitchen worked, it said that my user name was still password protected so I'm not sure what I did. I did restart my computer after doing whatever it was I did to my admistrative settings, maybe that was it.

I know there's a lot of uncertainty here as to exactly how I made it work, but again for those having trouble apparently it IS something to do with the administrative settings. So give that a shot even if you think you're good on that front, and/or maybe try restarting your pc too...

no major bugs that I can find yet with 23081...seems faster...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-26-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

glad to hear you got it going sharkie.. cooking with my kitchen requires full admin privileges because it goes through all files in the SYS and stuff and changes system attributes (why you need to be admin to edit files like this that are in your personal directory (C:\users\username, etc - ask MS lol)about them so the kitchen can modify, then changes them back so the rom works correctly. I have had a few complaints of htcrt.exe not extracting correctly, so if that is the case, get it from another kitchen I guess. Some AV say htcrt is a trojan, this is a false positive. again if it happens to you try htcrt from another kitchen, they all do the same thing. The only reason I asked where you were extracting to is because RARs can only extract to a full path name (including filename) of 260 characters long. c:\documents and settings\ricky\work\faxes\sent faxes\2009 tax return\unused\w-2s\old employers\people I do not work for so why do I have these documents\phones\htc\touch pro\kitchens\downloaded\ppcgeeks.com\RZ[10-25-2009]\23069\SYS\Shell\shell32.exe would PROBABLY be too long of a path, but desktop should be fine I am downloading my kitchen from last night onto another PC and will tel cooking 23502 (since it was in last nights kitchen)

zombie may also be able to help as he is successfully using my kitchen now. he has troubles with permissions and htcrt.exe too.

I will also be getting windows 7 today so will see how it cooks on that
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
VIP Member

My Windows 7 will be here soon too! I read in Da_G's thread that he didn't see any differences b\w 081 and 502 and therefore wasn't posting it. Any big differences that you know of?

Oh, and I'm a bit confused on the nightly updated kitchen. If I wanted 23502, for example, from you; I would have to download the entire kitchen again? Are there any other spots besides Da_G's thread we can find new builds?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-26-2009 at 08:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development