PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Thanks again Raid. 23533 really does't bother me just thought it was funny.
Really appreciate your help today. You have a good evening. I learned alot today. It seems if thing don't go right you learn more. I think I will try with 28205 just to see if I can get that to work. If I ever get to TP2 land I will be looking for you.

Big Thanks Again,
Brad
Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
yes phcanimages.dll is specific to the dialer package. in order to do this to other dll's there are a few requisites...

PE Explorer, or other resource editor

open up the dll in pe explorer, delete the images that you dont want (if any) save the dll, then save all resources from it as images. then edit each image with GIMP or photoshop and convert the mode to indexed, make sure you auto generate the color palette (indexing discards all information about colors that are not present in the image, thus saving space). if you have photoshop CS2, I have already created droplets to convert bmp's and png's to indexed mode. I will attach them if anyone is following what I am saying.

after the images have been edited (they will now be much more lightweight) replace all the images in the dll and save, then use the dll in an EXT as normal.

if all the editing sounds scary, its pretty simple to just remove resources from a DLL. with PE explorer, all you do is right click it, and click remove resource. then say yes to the warning when you save the file so it can recalculate the size of the dll.
whoa, sounds like a lot of work...but i'll try that now =P
i dunno which resources i can remove, so i'll probably just convert them to indexed

Edit: hm, phcanImages.dll is already at around 4MB...maybe it's already optimized
Edit2: took me a while, but i managed to do that for both phcanimages.dll and phcanimages2.dll, reduced both by around 50% =)

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand

Last edited by Lat; 03-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Just reporting that I'm smoothly running build 23541 now, with my first run of Sense 2.5.2012. I've reduced the sizes of the phcanImage/2.dll for the Leo dialers too, and everything seems to be without issues. (If you want those files and you're using pyrorob's dialer, just let me know!)

The only minor thing was that the new manila had extra updated packages for the Device Information in the settings menu; I'll have to delete the older ext for my next flash (and do the same for my extra Power icon too )
Old 03-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Sharkie,
Changed back to Contact_Picker_1_0_19202622_00 fixed contact problem in messaging. SMS\MMS both work sweet.

Will post screenshots soon.
I have to do the same too, the new contact picker in the Manila 2.5.2012 failed..

Thanks for the info =)
Old 03-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Link to contact picker http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...633795&page=49 post 490. Cook in regular contact picker first then half patched. Might need to rename a little to get proper order. That was all I changed. Didn't use any of the others at that post.

With HDWall all I have managed to change is color of taskbar & softkey bar. Sure I 'am doing something wrong. How did you change wallpaper?
Lat,

I later switched contact picker to these.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I was able port 28205. I think I will try this for a few days and see how it works.

This is actually very simple, Sharkie or Lat if you need any help with this just holler. I have also trimmed some more out of SYS. Thats why I want to run a few days.

23541, I was making to complicated at first. After Raid answered some questions and got me steered straight I see it real easy. Just wish there wasn't something wrong with my 23541 rollup.

Again Raid Thanks for keeping it simple.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
I was able port 28205. I think I will try this for a few days and see how it works.

This is actually very simple, Sharkie or Lat if you need any help with this just holler. I have also trimmed some more out of SYS. Thats why I want to run a few days.

23541, I was making to complicated at first. After Raid answered some questions and got me steered straight I see it real easy. Just wish there wasn't something wrong with my 23541 rollup.

Again Raid Thanks for keeping it simple.

No problem, happy to help.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I have two problems I need to solve.

1. Opera 10 Beta 3 cab install works fine. If I cook it in, starts in windows fine, but manila internet tab gives error that its not signed , blah blah.
Tried sdcerts didn't fix.

2. Manila taking over start menu. How can I stop manila from putting people, calendar, and music icons in start menu? Also for some reason I get a utilities icon with mail setup, this I can delete and will stick after soft reset but manila ones come back.

Any Idea's
Thanks Brad
Old 03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I don't have that issue w/Opera10. My only suggestion would be to try SDCerts which you already have, so I don't have a clue.

You can look in the kitchen at OEM\OEM_Lang_0409\initflashfiles.dat and see if you see those icon/links listed there and edit to your liking. I don't have time to search and see if they are there, but I know that this is a way to remove some of the other icons/links from the start menu...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

There is no way to get rid of those icons that manila will create every time it is started. Well, I am sure there IS a way, but I do not know it. You can remove them manually but as soon as manila is restarted they are back. one thing you can try is remove starticonloader, or at least tweak it.. since it seems that is what that does. I have not messed with opera 10 since the first beta so I cannot help there. Can you launch it manually? how are you converting to EXT? I always go from cab to oem, from oem to ext. never had any problems with that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development