PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: CT

eye_omega is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

tonight's kitchen reversed to manila 2.1 ?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_omega View Post
No, the kitchens always have the manila 2.1 files in the unused folder. I can't get sms to work right for the life of me w/2.5 so I've reverted back to 2.1 for the time being.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:06 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

RZ, I'm trying to get rid of the Calkulin's blue highlights. Well, I know how to get rid of them, actually I want to use his grey ones. In his kitchen there's a folder labeled something like skin-manila options (maybe)-grey highlights. Is this a skins folder for the same highlights you have in your kitchen? If so, how do I replace it? They don't look like the same type of files.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

[QUOTE=eye_omega;1416272]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_omega
I think 1% battery.dll could be one battery killer

yes it would drain the battery faster, this is why I do not use it.

QUOTE]

but it's in the kitcken by default, how to disable it?
my battery reports in 10% increments, 5% for manila. It is the standard rapid charge battery driver. Its in oemdrivers (battdrv.dll and battery.dll)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I made a 2.1 max-like tinted glass slider. If you're running 2.1 check it out...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...31#post1417031 post #3120
that is awesome. This will make its way into the 2.1 portion of the kitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_omega View Post
Because that's what I am working on now.
Quote:
RZ, I'm trying to get rid of the Calkulin's blue highlights. Well, I know how to get rid of them, actually I want to use his grey ones. In his kitchen there's a folder labeled something like skin-manila options (maybe)-grey highlights. Is this a skins folder for the same highlights you have in your kitchen? If so, how do I replace it? They don't look like the same type of files.
That sounds right, manila - all - highlights - grey shoud be what you want.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

When using the Kitchen there is some questions asked. I would like to have more info and 3 of them...

Baseline the SYS? What this does exactly? What is the process of baselining? Should I answer yes or no??

Similar to the previous, Baseline the XIP? What this does exactly? What is the process of baselining? Should I answer yes or no??

The experimental question? What this process does? Should I answer yes or no?

Thanks for these infos and thanks again for your kitchen.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
When using the Kitchen there is some questions asked. I would like to have more info and 3 of them...

Baseline the SYS? What this does exactly? What is the process of baselining? Should I answer yes or no??

Similar to the previous, Baseline the XIP? What this does exactly? What is the process of baselining? Should I answer yes or no??

The experimental question? What this process does? Should I answer yes or no?

Thanks for these infos and thanks again for your kitchen.
baseline the sys does not cook in all the extra MS garbage like ADC, flash, welcome center, etc.
baseline the XIP should only be done once when you are working with an XIP from a third party (not me - all mine will be optimized already) what it does is remove unnecessary files from the XIP (kernel of the OS)
experimentla relocate: this does not work yet I am still working on it. say no to this

so to recap, y to baseline sys, n to baseline xip and n to rz relocate
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tnynyn is a n00b

crap, what happens if i put yes to baselining the xip? will there be any issues?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnynyn View Post
crap, what happens if i put yes to baselining the xip? will there be any issues?
there shouldn't be, but if you get a dud rom, just replace the rom\build\xip.bin from the kitchen archive and start over

I am going to take out the xip optimizing part from the manin kitchen script and put it somewhere else where it will not be accidentally activated
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:12 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Actually, the grey skins folder I was talking about is for the menu enhancements. I've gone through most of the stuff in his kitchen and cannot find a Blue highlights replacement. If you have the time, next time you are in his kitchen, can you see if you see them anywhere? It seems odd that he wouldn't have other skins.

About the darkness fix... Would it be possible to just replace that whole pic w/another one that looked more or less the same but was made 480x640 or to whatever specs would be needed?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 12-17-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Actually, the grey skins folder I was talking about is for the menu enhancements. I've gone through most of the stuff in his kitchen and cannot find a Blue highlights replacement. If you have the time, next time you are in his kitchen, can you see if you see them anywhere? It seems odd that he wouldn't have other skins.

About the darkness fix... Would it be possible to just replace that whole pic w/another one that looked more or less the same but was made 480x640 or to whatever specs would be needed?
my menu enhancement is greay already. the darkness fix is from a file called black.qtc and its liek 1px by 1px, the system just draws it in the specified area, but it must be deeper than that for 2.1, 2.5 was easy, I just extended the area to the taskbar on the bottom... 2.1 doesnt like that and I do not know why yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development