PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 15<<6.5 NK-23506-TF3d 2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi Complia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
This cab worked great! I can text thru the text tab and thru a contact in my contact's tab! Now I can reserve the 6 quick links for programs! Now that JDM hooked it up w/ a working BG4All zip I think 2.5 is good to go in my book.

The ROM made w/all that in it seems fast and stable. The Comm mgr. looks good RZ. I noticed some other smaller little differences as I was meandering around Windows, but I can't remember them now.
so then mms works now? what are the bugs that 2.5 has now?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 15<<6.5 NK-23506-TF3d 2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi Complia

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
so then mms works now? what are the bugs that 2.5 has now?
SMS works good. I tried to send an MMS thru manila and it said message can not be sent. I noticed that in Office/messaging there is no sms/mms. There's only Gmai (mine) and Hotmail. I wonder if that SMS cab changed that somehow. Do you know anything about this RZ?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
SMS works good. I tried to send an MMS thru manila and it said message can not be sent. I noticed that in Office/messaging there is no sms/mms. There's only Gmai (mine) and Hotmail. I wonder if that SMS cab changed that somehow. Do you know anything about this RZ?
No, I replaced the arcsoft in my kitchen with the one you posted, or someone posted.. valkyrie or someone. It made the sms tab in manila work, again I have not yet flashed to my active TP to test but it looks promising. I could see how the mms I cooked in (from JD) and the new one may conflict..

but I replaced it altogether so we'll see
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mdsevol is just getting started

Hey guys, I just downloaded the 2.5 rom to check it out. I have been running NRG for awhile now and we have been ironing out all of the bugs on his 2.5 as he releases them so I may be able to help if you guys need advice. If you having problems with MMS did you try the Arcsoft removal cab and then installing a fresh build of Arcsoft for your carrier after a soft reset? If you all have already went though this than disregard my post lol, but none the less we have gotten MMS working perfect through Arcsoft on 2.5
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
oh but you still cant send messages using the manila tab?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

well maybe what mdsevol just said confirms what I postulated...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 PM
N00b

Well the way we did our work-around is by running a SMS/MMS Removal .cab, then soft reset, Install JD Arcsoft - Sprint (example) then soft reset, After that I would go as far as installing Sprint Carrier .cab and the HTC Messenger Disable .cab. It all worked flawlessly
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks for the info mdsevol, I will see what I can do with it... the only thing (I know of) that installing and removing cabs in a set order does is remove certain stuff and leave certain stuff. In the end you are left with the right collection of stuff to achieve desired effect. If we knew what that was we could just cook it in and not have the users do all that stuff...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
thanks for the info mdsevol, I will see what I can do with it... the only thing (I know of) that installing and removing cabs in a set order does is remove certain stuff and leave certain stuff. In the end you are left with the right collection of stuff to achieve desired effect. If we knew what that was we could just cook it in and not have the users do all that stuff...
Exactly, and when we're talking about Sense its a whole lot more variables that are unknown as opposed to Touch Flo. None the less one of the things I enjoy most about loading a new cutting edge ROM (as long as the chef left enough room to customize) is working out all of the bugs and coming up with the best solution. Its good to be able to help the Chef thats supporting our old *** phones lol. I havent flashed your ROM just yet, but I plan to before I leave work tonight. If you have a quick second do you mind either pointing me to the Post # of a bug list/build list for the 2.5 ROM or if there hasnt been a post with that maybe you could just PM me some info before I dive into it so I know which cabs to have ready. Thanks Raid. Also dont hesitate to holler at me for any advice I may be able to give or if you need me to help with testing, anything at all...ill be keeping an eye on this thread now. =D>
Old 11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16
Quote:
oh but you still cant send messages using the manila tab?
I can send texts through the manila tab. You cannot send MMSs through manila. I can live w/out MMS if I have to. That's no biggie for me. I'll have to try the remedy they've been talking about.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-19-2009 at 06:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development