PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO1, HTC PRO2, EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

dizzthebarber is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 9<<6.5 NK-23506-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

also how do i change opera to the default internet service instead of internet explore thanks
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Yeah, so I just re-cooked w/2.5 and I still can't do anything with the contacts. If I hit the contact picture absolutely nothing happens. If I hit the gray button below the contact picture it takes me to Contact details, but I can't call or text from there. Am I the only one this happens to?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

btw, I found this about the settings lnk file in the start menu:

i like this behaviour a lot better
Quote:
Use a regisrty editor to change the following entries:
1) hklm\security\shell\startinfo, and change "HideSettings" from 1 to 0. This will reactivate the "normal" settings icon to go directly to the "All Settings" section. Some chefs seem to prefer the icon going to the manila settings tab which is their prerogative.
2) hklm\security\shell\startinfo\start\htc settings.lnk, change the name from "Settings" to "HTC Settings" as there will now be 2 Settings icons in the Start menu and this is so you don't get confused as to which is which. (The names of the .lnk files may be a little different from rom to rom, so search a little to find a Settings.lnk or something similar)

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started

just thought I'd throw this out there. . . indagroove just posted up a new Rom with manila 2.5. it looks pretty good. ....what I wanted to note was that he removed HTCMessaging from the packages to fix the SMS bug.. supposedly it will work with WM normal texting. I'm gonna cook and see if that fixes it.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

i use windows messaging for my SMS... my concerns is not having a contact page working. i use my favorites to call alot. if that dont work like sharkie my phone is useless.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I think I found why sms doesnt work - I think it is my HTCmessage, trying a few different things, but when it is left as is (files), the kitchen crashes. when it is moduled (how it was in last night kitchen) the rom builds but the new message function in manila does nothing. I am trying various combinations of squeezed files with modules mui's etc... hope it can get worked out. with htcmessage.exe squeezed and a mui file, kitchen crashes. with moduled mui and squeezed htcmessage.exe the kitchen crashes. htcmessage.exe is already in oemdrivers, next I will try just removing that, even though PRB should be able to overwrite it with no problem.

edit: removing htcmessage.exe from oemdrivers did not stop the crashing,,

Last edited by raidzero; 11-13-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I just removes HTC Message and HTC Messaging CLient from the EXT manila files and dependencies (maybe system?) idk.. and texting works. ... but i have this weird problem now where the customizations wont complete after flashing. and it glitches around until i soft-reset it. then the theme isnt changed to flamerize. . . ugh.

Side note. The only part of contacts that dont work for me is when i go to the phone then click on contacts then nothing shows up. but it's fine if im in a txt adding a recipient, or just hit the contacts button on the home tab
Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul07 View Post
Well, I just removes HTC Message and HTC Messaging CLient from the EXT manila files and dependencies (maybe system?) idk.. and texting works. ... but i have this weird problem now where the customizations wont complete after flashing. and it glitches around until i soft-reset it. then the theme isnt changed to flamerize. . . ugh.

Side note. The only part of contacts that dont work for me is when i go to the phone then click on contacts then nothing shows up. but it's fine if im in a txt adding a recipient, or just hit the contacts button on the home tab
manila texting works for you like this? or just WM standard
Old 11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

WM standard.. that's what I meant. oops
Old 11-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

well i just copied the new manila and dependencies into your old kitchen and noticed you have a whole new folder of reg edits are those in the older versions of kitchens? or would be wise for me to finally update my EXT folder?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development