PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sputnik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [KITCHEN][ROM]->>Nov 2<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
did not realize facebook was broken, it is.. Will fix. I wonder when that happened, I stopped using facebook long ago..

I am cooking manila 2.5.1920 right now with the dependencies I calculated it would require. hopefully one of these will not kill the kitchen as is what happens when you just include every one of them
hmm...I thought I was reminding you about facebook, not alerting you...I must've posted that in a different thread, sorry 'bout that!
(and it's broken in the cooked ROM that you link to as well)

I was able to fix it by installing a newer (I think?) version. I have the cab if you need it, but while searching (unsucessfully) for the original thread where I found it, I also found these: touch.facebook.com and lite.facebook.com, which were new to me.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

thanks for the info. I will not have manila 2.5.1920 working in tonights kitchen, sorry. it is going to take way too long to iron out what is wrong with akeo's ext packages. I promised my wife little to no phone stuff tonight so... tomorrow maybe, unless I determine which package is causing PRB to crash within the next 20 minutes... which usually takes hours. I really hope it is only one package...

the process goes like this:

add all exts I think i will need, cook. crash
remove half of those files and put them in a separate folder to not get cooked, cook again, crash.
remove half of the ones that are remaining to another folder not to get cooked, cook, success. add some more of the ones I removed, cook, success. add back half of the half that I removed, cook, crash.
it is a process of elimination until I get down to removing just 1 package and and then it works, then I start over with the rest, keeping track of the "good" packages and the broken ones. when I isolate all the broken ones, I just find newer versions or different versions and hope they dont make it crash again.

not very scientific, but PRB gives NO form of log whatsoever..

edit: just had an idea, I could make a "kitchen debug" script that automatically cooks and detects the errorlevel, if there are no errors it just adds one more from my designated "figure out which one of these packages sucks" folder, hmmm.. could work maybe

edit 2: stuck at work... but did nail down what the bad packages were:
htcMessage and Power

fixed power and htcmessage by moving the files from 0409 (for locales - some exts support multiple languages and they would have 0509, 01CA (chinese) etc) into the main files directory and turning any mui and exes into modules--- we may have a good working 2.5.1920 tonight after all!

Last edited by raidzero; 11-04-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Can you let us know if it's good to go for the most part before you call it a night?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

it should be good to go, I am flashing it now but
I am off..

edit: there are a few bugs, turn off autoscreen rotation immediately. bookmarks work footprints work, on/off sliders are not displayed correctly. overall not anywhere near as fast as my 2.1, but I have done no tweaking on it at all, I just got it to run. have not tested any radio functions. I would call it usable for every day use though, unless you find something I havent. screen rotation needs to be turned off right away (not sure why its there as the leo has no lanscape mode?)

enjoy, im off to bed.

Last edited by raidzero; 11-04-2009 at 10:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I downloaded last night's kitchen and here are some quick results after having played for only an hour or so. I flashed back to stock first also, just to make sure. I'm also running 23504 so some of this might be due to that not being good yet.

-Manila sms is not working. When you tap on a text in manila it takes you to a black screen. If you go through a contact to send that contact a text it takes you to a black screen.

*Edit* - I just noticed it seems like SMS/MMS (too, I guess) is totally missing. The start menu messaging only has email. I can't find sms anywhere! If you hit "all messages" at the bottom in the Text mess. manila tab nothing happens. Same thing with new sms button at the top right corner of the text tab. Texting has disappeared!!

-Music tab crashes TF. An message pops up saying AudioManager_Eng cannot be opened. Clicking OK on that error message then leads to the phone freezing completely. 3 out of 4 times I had to soft reset to get going again.

-Footprints doesn't work. It says it's unable to initialize camera. Phones freezes and have to soft reset. I read somewhere about the camera being only linked to the Leo camera or something like that and so it would never work with the TP camera. Yesterdays version of 2.5 pulled up the camera though. Actually maybe that was NRG's ROM. I'm not sure; I can't remember. I didn't go any further than that so I'm not sure how completely it worked, but it did call up the camera.

-TF doesn't seem to move as fluidly as yesterdays version. The start menu is sticky as is the transition between screens and programs. Scrolling in general is not as good.

That's all I've got so far. I'll report back later with any new findings. Anyone else got any of this with the new build and manila?

*Edit* - I forgot to turn off screen rotation right away. I'm not sure what that will do, but I will and see what happens. I'm excited to see how things work after RZ's had a chance to mess with it further than just getting it to run!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-05-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

23504 is totally not ready I meant to remove it from the kitchen, for me it barely boots, and when it does it doesnt do anything, everything is broken - no taskbars, shell32 not able to be patched... it needs serious work.

thanks for the info on messaging (I am unable to test any radio functions)

I am kinda thinking that 1918 was better, I fixed the dependency issues so I am going to see how that works. As you know I am kind of a manila noob... I do not like htc scroll 1920. it is not fast as 1913 or so.

And I have to say since manila 2.5 is designed to run with 400 mb of ram and a 1ghz CPU I do think its amazing we can run it, I did not expect it to run well, but it might with further tweaking - think CFC compression..
Old 11-05-2009, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

So is the lack of SMS in Manila and Windows a result of the 23504 build not being ready and/or complete?

I'll flash this latest build of manila w/23502 and see what differences there are when I get home later this afternoon. Damn, I built one with 23502 as well and meant to put them both on my storage card so I could flash at work, but I forgot...

I also forgot to mention that the internet tab pulls up IE instead of Opera. It seems like that'd be easy to fix, but IE doesn't pull up. It say IE in the top taskbar for a sec. and the about blank address bar pops up for a split sec. but then it all disappears and nothing happens. This happens however you try to access IE. I just realized it looks like there is no Opera... hhmm..

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-05-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
So is the lack of SMS in Manila and Windows a result of the 23504 build not being ready and/or complete?

I'll flash this latest build of manila w/23502 and see what differences there are when I get home later this afternoon. Damn, I built one with 23502 as well and meant to put them both on my storage card so I could flash at work, but I forgot...

I also forgot to mention that the internet tab pulls up IE instead of Opera. It seems like that'd be easy to fix, but IE doesn't pull up. It say IE in the top taskbar for a sec. and the about blank address bar pops up for a split sec. but then it all disappears and nothing happens. This happens however you try to access IE. I just realized it looks like there is no Opera... hhmm..
yeah I dont know what it did to opera...

and yes 23504 is crap, but that doesnt necessarily mean it's breaking TF. I did not have much time to work on it yesterday, maybe today/tonight.

Last edited by raidzero; 11-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Akeo:
This packages is from my kitchen, with this packages manila should work ok! Download and enjoy!
http://www.dump.ro/fisiere/ext-packa...J6tlv3l36q9gsh
Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll be back to our Baseline 23502 midle time the 2.5 fixes wil be ready.
Raid You will finish tonigth with 23504 out of 2.5?
I read all the Akeo post and till to now nobody have the total solution about fixes.

I tested NRG 23081 for to know about the problems with 2.5 and it's not totally stable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development