PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jsdeguzman1029 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

Okay, I've downloaded the ROM i want to use and the theme, what programs do I need to initiate this process, I was going to download the programs found at the links provided in the video but the video clearly states the programs are different for a touch pro phone, so which ones do I need and where can I find them?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdeguzman1029 View Post
Okay, I've downloaded the ROM i want to use and the theme, what programs do I need to initiate this process, I was going to download the programs found at the links provided in the video but the video clearly states the programs are different for a touch pro phone, so which ones do I need and where can I find them?
you have to unlock your phone first. go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503 and follow the preparations and instructions and use the 37 unlocker. once you're unlocked, then you can flash a rom.

Most of the roms come with the rom update utility that you need to perform the flash. which one did you get?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell Mobility

xParaholic is a n00b

Is this for the CDMA version? I'm with Bell Mobility and I realize that flashing a new rom voids your warrenty so you need to flash back to the original before sending it for repairs or the like, but is there any way to flash back to the original Bell rom as of yet?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Lurker

jsdeguzman1029 is a n00b

Okay, I'm pretty comfortable with the process of flashing my phone now, I've tried out MightyROM6, SSK 2.6 R2 TP Blue, and JonRom's RAPH800. I know that seems like a lot in two days but I'm a perfectionist and I want to make sure what I flash, I keep for a while, my biggest hang-up though is getting my stock sprint applications back. Is there a way to get these back (sprint nav, sprint tv, software store, etc, etc ) or do I have to hunt for a rom that includes them plus everything else I'm looking for?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by xParaholic View Post
Is this for the CDMA version? I'm with Bell Mobility and I realize that flashing a new rom voids your warrenty so you need to flash back to the original before sending it for repairs or the like, but is there any way to flash back to the original Bell rom as of yet?
yes...everything in this section is cdma. you can get the bell stock rom here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741, so if you ever need to return it, you just flash the bell stock rom and relock it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdeguzman1029 View Post
Okay, I'm pretty comfortable with the process of flashing my phone now, I've tried out MightyROM6, SSK 2.6 R2 TP Blue, and JonRom's RAPH800. I know that seems like a lot in two days but I'm a perfectionist and I want to make sure what I flash, I keep for a while, my biggest hang-up though is getting my stock sprint applications back. Is there a way to get these back (sprint nav, sprint tv, software store, etc, etc ) or do I have to hunt for a rom that includes them plus everything else I'm looking for?
they are in random places, but post #5 in the mightyrom thread is one spot.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Lurker

jsdeguzman1029 is a n00b

okay, downloaded the sprint files from the mighty rom post but how do i install them? they're not cab files once i extract them, they're just a bunch of weird numbered files and an xml document?
Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone 4s

haislip is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to haislip
Arrow Re: How To unlock and flash with Video Walk Through!

can someone post a video on how to customize a custom rom? to include how to remove programs from custom rom. thanks.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Lurker

jsdeguzman1029 is a n00b

Never mind, got the files, figured it out.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

I'm very new to flashing/unlocking, so bear with me please.

I have a brand new US Cellular HTC Touch Pro that I would like to unlock. The SPL is 0.40.0000. I went to the CDMA HSPL page you linked, and tried the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip file. A few pages back you suggested that a USCC user like myself try this version of the file (since there is no specific file for USCC).

I get all the way through to the progress bar, then it hangs and says "Error [202]: Connection". It says to check that the USB cable is connected to the computer an the phone.

I'm using the stock HTC cable plugged directly into the USB ports on the back of my PC, and it activesyncs no probelm. What am I missing? Do I need a different HSPL? I'd love to get off my stock rom and try something newer.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
I'm very new to flashing/unlocking, so bear with me please.

I have a brand new US Cellular HTC Touch Pro that I would like to unlock. The SPL is 0.40.0000. I went to the CDMA HSPL page you linked, and tried the Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip file. A few pages back you suggested that a USCC user like myself try this version of the file (since there is no specific file for USCC).

I get all the way through to the progress bar, then it hangs and says "Error [202]: Connection". It says to check that the USB cable is connected to the computer an the phone.

I'm using the stock HTC cable plugged directly into the USB ports on the back of my PC, and it activesyncs no probelm. What am I missing? Do I need a different HSPL? I'd love to get off my stock rom and try something newer.
may want to read on the unlock thread and see if you can flash the spl from the sd card. I THINK you can, but im not 100% sure. if you can that would eliminate any usb communication issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development